Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cowslips Warren posted:

My first thought was a race thing but sometimes one is surprised.

AITA for punishing my son by taking away his phone after he deleted my daughter's Minecraft world?

I think a month is rather lenient. I'd keep the phone as long as it took the other kid to rebuild the Minecraft world.

A single bucket of lava in the wrong place is enough to utterly turbofuck a minecraft world beyond repair, if he's the kind of person who would delete the world out of revenge then she was probably right to stop him from playing with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for getting mad at my brother for peeing in the sink?

quote:

So my (25F) younger brother (20M) is visiting me and staying for a while.

Growing up, my mom and I always had to remind my dad and my brother to lift the toilet seat when peeing. We tried to ask them to sit down, but they always refused, so we eventually gave up. My dad might complain, but he usually remembers to lift the toilet seat. But my brother is a whole different story and he almost never bother to.

And I don't really know why this happens, but almost everytime when I use the toilet right after him and if I forget to wipe the toilet seat carefully first, my butt ends up getting wet from some liquid, probably his pee. I used to confront him a lot, but he said things like he doesn't like to touch anything while peeing and sulk when I insist.

So my brother visited me and is going to stay for a while. On day 1, I forgot to check the toilet seat before sitting and I regretted sitting immediately because I could tell I just sat on his pee. I got up and checked the sea and there was some drops of pee all over the seat and probably on the floor too. I cleaned it up and was so annoyed so I went to remind him to lift the seat or at least be careful not to pee all over the place.

It's been several days since he arrived and sometimes when I use the toilet after him, there are some drops on the seat, but I manage to remember to check and wipe them before sitting down. But it's getting old, so I reminded him again and told him to wipe the seat and the floor himself if he can't be bothered to lift the toilet seat. I even think the toilet started to smell because of him. I only have one bathroom by the way.

He said "OK" so I left it at that. But last night, I caught him peeing in the kitchen sink! I was so shocked and furious and asked him (after he was done) what the hell he was doing. He shrugged and told me that I was annoying him with my constant reminders so he just solved the toilet seat problem and now I don't need to obsessively check the toilet seat and the floor.

I disagreed that I was being "obsessive" and told him it's disgusting to pee in the sink. He just said I was making a big deal out of nothing and that it's completely normal for men.

I just lost it and screamed at him and said that if he do that again, I'll kick him out.

So AITA? I talked to my friend today who said that peeing in the sink is not unheard of. Maybe I shouldn't have threatened to kick him out. And maybe people do pee on their bathroom sink. But surely, people usually don't pee in the kitchen sink, do they?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The most interesting thing about that post to me is that OP seems to have stumbled on a Hawaiian pizza cult and not whatever all this is about pineapple

Yeah that's the weird thing. I guess there weren't *that* many people overall, but I've still never run into a group pizza order where everyone would be happy with all Hawaiian.

Also 1/2 of the couple the anniversary party was for was clearly unhappy and on OP's side, all the friends yelling at OP for "causing a fight" can kindly go gently caress off.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

I know people do this in emergencies and that the sink can be cleaned, but the splatter potential everywhere around it grosses me out.
And you know how that's gonna go if he's sink peeing as revenge for not being clean in the bathroom. Make good on your threat :barf:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

It's insane that not only will guys like this not lift the seat, but they are somehow so bad at aiming and staying still they are splashing their piss all over like they had a micro-seizure or something.

Like, if it's not on purpose, holy poo poo see a doctor or something.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Why don't you pineapple pizza degenerates just go ahead and use Italy as a urinal while you're at it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i once knew a guy who got kicked out of his gf's house and broken up with for pissing in the clothes washer. sink wasn't good enough for him, i guess. he tried to blame her for being in the bathroom so long, but for some reason she wasn't buying it

i was just like dude, you couldn't have gone outside?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Grape posted:

Why don't you pineapple pizza degenerates just go ahead and use Italy as a urinal while you're at it.

Ive had pineappple on pizzas in italy

I think its an american tving to hate on it

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

DemoneeHo posted:

OP must never have had male cats, this is a solved problem. get the brother neutered

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

Before anyone starts: apparently it’s a Southern thing.

E: not a dig at southerners, I’m not implying incest and weird arcane dress rules are normal there.

I say from ALABAMA that I've never heard of this.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

pentyne posted:

It's insane that not only will guys like this not lift the seat, but they are somehow so bad at aiming and staying still they are splashing their piss all over like they had a micro-seizure or something.

Like, if it's not on purpose, holy poo poo see a doctor or something.

it doesn't even matter, guys don't like to admit it but when we stand to pee it still splashes out everywhere.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Lol just lol if you aren't so exhausted at well, all of THIS, that you don't sit down to piss just to get five minutes off your feet and not actively being asked to do anything. Micronaps, baby!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

CommissarMega posted:

I mean, okay sure, maybe Prudence cannot outright say "KICK DOWN THE DOORS AND GET AMY OUT OF THERE NOW", but it still pisses me off. Would it be kidnapping if the OP did somethibg along those lines? Like maybe pick Amy up after school? Clear things up with the cops beforehand?

The legal remedy here is small claims court, which would be incredibly inconvenient over state lines. Amy could claim emancipation, that would give her legal standing to sue in small claims court (depending on the state of course, this works in California). Emancipation may have other benefits, OP and Amy should check that out.

e.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Pepperoni instead of Italian sausage. It's on the menu of a few pizza places in Seattle, and they use fresh pineapple.

Linguica over either !

For an amazing pure-savory pizza, try linguica, garlic, and artichoke. Not every place will have it, but any that do are probably the best in your area.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 21, 2022

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
One time I got a piece of lint in there and it split the stream in two directions. It can be a very messy process.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

AKA Pseudonym posted:

One time I got a piece of lint in there and it split the stream in two directions. It can be a very messy process.

Very True, we have no idea where the stream is going when we start. You're just asking for pee everywhere unless you are at a urinal. I
don't know why more guys just don't sit down, it's not like it takes much longer.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quantumwell posted:

Very True, we have no idea where the stream is going when we start. You're just asking for pee everywhere unless you are at a urinal. I
don't know why more guys just don't sit down, it's not like it takes much longer.

you know very well why guys don't sit down. it would destroy their masculinity so thoroughly that their junk would fall off right into the bowl

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Collapsing Farts posted:

Ive had pineappple on pizzas in italy

I think its an american tving to hate on it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

quantumwell posted:

sitting down owns because then u can play a round of extreme road trip 2 on your phone while u pee

maybe 2 rounds if u drank a lot

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

i agree with most of this however if you go to rome and some other places you will find plenty of disgusting looking pizza so finding pineapple there probably isn't that surprising

i think people like to bitch and moan about it more than they actually hate it tbh, mixing sweet and savoury can be quite nice from time to time

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Coffee in Italy is pretty easy. Cappuccino is for the hour break in between breakfast and your lunch break. Espresso is for the two hour break between lunch and getting off shift.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Seat AND lid down is the only acceptable configuration regardless of gender. And the lid goes down BEFORE flushing.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Seat AND lid down is the only acceptable configuration regardless of gender. And the lid goes down BEFORE flushing.

Pee with the lid down, got it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Waci posted:

Pee with the lid down, got it.

Penis clamped firmly between lid and seat but gently enough to still allow the urine to flow.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

why would you sit on a seat if you didn't have to? Someone might have pissed on it.

Or depending where you are, stood on it to squat.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I read that multiple times as "Eating pasta with a fork rather than your hands" and I was extremely confused.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Batterypowered7 posted:

Penis clamped firmly between lid and seat but gently enough to still allow the urine to flow.

Gotta squat, so erry day leg day

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Why should I care what these weirdo freaks think?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Piell posted:

Wow the Mexicans will just *own* you if you use a fork to eat pizza.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Piell posted:

Not gonna lie, that is haram to Italian-Americans and general Northeastern pizza culture.
*shakes head at old worlders*

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

Could just be a regular allergy to fruit. I get a reaction like this to all raw fruit and most nuts.

Do you have that reaction to deez nuts?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for punishing my son by taking away his phone after he deleted my daughter's Minecraft world?

I think a month is rather lenient. I'd keep the phone as long as it took the other kid to rebuild the Minecraft world.

Punish the offending kid as hard as necessary, but the more important lesson for the other kid here is regular backups. Seems about monthly that a story comes up where even if there wasn't a bad actor, a bad drive or a voltage spike would have created the same situation because there was only a local copy of some critical data.

Larry Parrish posted:

it's ok to not like pineapple but lol at thinking tasting the citrus and whatever the pineapple enzyme that wrinkles your mouth and makes it such a good tenderizer is a mild allergic reaction or something

The pineapple is a distraction here. Changing up an agreed on group order for your own preferences, especially if someone else is paying, is a jerk move regardless of the details.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 21, 2022

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
No

They are children you can't hold that kind of data organization to them by just manner of course

You teach them to back it up, or else you are as responsible as they are. But the aggressor who deleted their data is the one in the wrong, not the one who didn't back it up anticipating the aggression.

Teaching your kids they're responsible for when people attack them unless they've protected from every potential aspect is a good way to raise doormats

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 21, 2022

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
An accident is far different to active malice in terms of emotional impact, I think.

Plus can you even back that stuff up on Xbox?

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

gently caress that kid for going scorched earth on his sister because she didn't want to play with him. He's the origin story of the people in these stories who destroy something really important and meaningful of their partner's because they were momentarily offended.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

Plus can you even back that stuff up on Xbox?

That's what I was gonna ask about, consoles seem different than computers. My playstation just sends saves to the cloud by default, but I assume the kid would be aware of how to delete/overwrite that if he's already that malicious. I'm not even sure if there's a way to get backup files off the system manually.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Troublemaker posted:

gently caress that kid for going scorched earth on his sister because she didn't want to play with him. He's the origin story of the people in these stories who destroy something really important and meaningful of their partner's because they were momentarily offended.

Yeah, that leads to cases like the OP who posted her boyfriend ended up delete her 2+ years running animal crossing village in a tantrum and then tried to gaslight her into letting it go because it was just a video game.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Kurieg posted:

A single bucket of lava in the wrong place is enough to utterly turbofuck a minecraft world beyond repair, if he's the kind of person who would delete the world out of revenge then she was probably right to stop him from playing with her.

Let me tell you about the time when my son’s friend decided to place a torch near the ceiling of the village, the wood village, they’d all been building.

He placed it, farted around a bit and logged off. When they all logged in again the village and surrounding forest had burned completely to the ground.

Thank god I take nightly backups of the world.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

No

They are children you can't hold that kind of data organization to them by just manner of course

You teach them to back it up, or else you are as responsible as they are. But the aggressor who deleted their data is the one in the wrong, not the one who didn't back it up anticipating the aggression.

Teaching your kids they're responsible for when people attack them unless they've protected from every potential aspect is a good way to raise doormats

These things are not mutually exclusive.
-The kid who deleted the data should be held accountable as if the data was gone, that behavior is not acceptable.
-Separately, backing up data you care about is a lesson that's more or less universally important these days. This is a good opportunity to discuss that with the non-jerk kid even if it never came up before.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
One time when I was a kid my brother came into my room while I was drawing a picture and scribbled all over it with a black marker pen. I can't remember what we'd been fighting about. Possible I was the rear end in a top hat. But that was still a dick move and he caught absolute hell for it. This is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

you know very well why guys don't sit down. it would destroy their masculinity so thoroughly that their junk would fall off right into the bowl

Sitting down means unbuckling, unzipping, and lowering my entire pants to below my knees, then sitting down on a potentially filthy seat, then pulling my pants up, zipping, and buckling them, vs. just unzipping, peeing, then rezipping. It's a no-brainer.