Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
More like o-ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
More like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfBw1bbV4k

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gotta do a poo poo one every once in a while

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Is that a cat

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that a cat

yes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"fire and EMS unit"

I feel like those two things require different equipment. Doesn't seem helpful to show up and throw bags of saline at the fire, or take an axe to a patient.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I like him more because he's a good judge of character

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aamEF2W0ZQQ

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

holy poo poo LOL

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Aug 21, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I would like one purple ape AI please and thanks you for my phone, as this would make my nostalgia happy. Also I keep like my entire life and finances on my phone, so we'd both get something

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
BonzaiBuddy was the original NFT ape

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bad takes sure are "the little death", if you know what I mean :wiggle:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

TopHatGenius posted:

BonzaiBuddy was the original NFT ape

Good/horrible news!

https://opensea.io/BonziBUDDY_Official

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Bad takes make you nut?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BonHair posted:

Bad takes sure are "the little death", if you know what I mean :wiggle:

Oh do go on

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

teen witch posted:

Oh do go on

Sorry, I already finished

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry but there's no Man in the Boat on Arrakis

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Bad takes make you nut?

When you nut but she keeps posting.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

:justpost:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Sorry but there's no Man in the Boat on Arrakis

And yet the spice is flowing

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

"fire and EMS unit"

I feel like those two things require different equipment. Doesn't seem helpful to show up and throw bags of saline at the fire, or take an axe to a patient.

I'm not an EMS tech but I think TV/movies significantly overhype exactly what they can do to you in the back of an ambulance. The need for EMS people at the scene of a fire should be obvious, and it makes a lot of sense for fire fighters to be well trained in first aid, transporting sick and injured people, dealing with respiratory/cardiac distress etc anyway.

It's mostly just about getting someone to a hospital quickly anyway.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You dolts, it’s DC. Their fire and EMS services are combined into one entity, the “Fire and EMS Department”. That vehicle is a unit belonging to that department.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

teen witch posted:

Arrakis is as dry as Ben Shapiro's wife.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

New probation image thank u

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

I see your diva cup is fitted desert fashion

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Bloop posted:

I see your diva cup is fitted desert fashion

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
oh god i just got a mental image of a stillsuit filtering out the diva cup

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

You dolts, it’s DC. Their fire and EMS services are combined into one entity, the “Fire and EMS Department”. That vehicle is a unit belonging to that department.

A lot of countries combine the actual teams too though. We called emergency services twice at my workplace when I lived in Japan and both times a fire truck arrived.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OwlFancier posted:

"fire and EMS unit"

In lots of jurisdictions the fire department ends up having significantly better response times that ems, for various reasons, and end up having their own ems group since, as already noted, the need for emergency medical attention at a fire should be obvious. Fire department gets called out for alot more emergencies than you realize

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Yeah I've lived places where they just automatically send all 3 departments for everything so Someone can get there on time

One time i had an ambulance called for me (i turned out to be fine and it was embarrassing) and the firefighters got there first and we just kind of hung out in the lobby of my apartment building

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fire department shows up because Ambulances never leave the hospital, duh. 🙄

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

In lots of jurisdictions the fire department ends up having significantly better response times that ems, for various reasons, and end up having their own ems group since, as already noted, the need for emergency medical attention at a fire should be obvious. Fire department gets called out for alot more emergencies than you realize

Fire departments take EMS calls to protect their budgets while EMS gets systemically underfunded. That's it that's the whole reason. Firefighting and medical care aren't complementary skills and while I worked with a few truly excellent firefighter-paramedics, for the most part firefighters on an EMS call don't want to be there, don't have any reason to be there, and don't do anything useful while they're there, but they need to be there so their leadership can justify their budget based on call volume when EMTs getting paid a fraction what firefighters get are doing 95% of the work.

Agents are GO! posted:

Fire department shows up because Ambulances never leave the hospital, duh. 🙄

That's because the hospital is also underfunded and the ER won't have a bed for our patient for another 2 hours

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

oh god i just got a mental image of a stillsuit filtering out the diva cup

If a stillsuit can filter out via a period cup, I feel that the cup itself is superfluous. Furthermore I feel that someone else has broached this theory prior to my current imagination

speaking of

Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Someone sipping on some menstruation

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Why in the world would an ambulance be going away from the hospital are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU