Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Hamelekim posted:

At least there is universal agreement that this patch sucks poo poo.

Empyrian's group is running sims to level gems to sell because full juicing maps causes them to lose money, lol.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousSneakyPigDerp-fgslybA7jMPZFGMK

Something HAS to be wrong with loot, it feels awful. I have never been this starved for basic currency like alchemy orbs, chromes, chance orbs and scours. If I run out of alchemy orbs I am done this league, this feels terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

The devs of this game are GGG

so naive....

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

what does it mean when there are two orange bars on an enemies life panel or whatever that sometimes light up? I was doing an excavation and could not kill a magic mob with gargantuan + blocks attacks plus two white mobs with consecrated ground in a magic tier 3 map and Im trying to fight out when they were immortal. I was moving them around too so they didn't just sit in concentrated ground

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hamelekim posted:

At least there is universal agreement that this patch sucks poo poo.

Empyrian's group is running sims to level gems to sell because full juicing maps causes them to lose money, lol.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousSneakyPigDerp-fgslybA7jMPZFGMK

Yeah, someone probably hosed up big time.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong.

But Harvest rares should 100% drop the harvestcraft material, right? And not "literally no loot at all half the time" ? Like that was the whole point of this system?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ringo Roadagain posted:

what does it mean when there are two orange bars on an enemies life panel or whatever that sometimes light up? I was doing an excavation and could not kill a magic mob with gargantuan + blocks attacks plus two white mobs with consecrated ground in a magic tier 3 map and Im trying to fight out when they were immortal. I was moving them around too so they didn't just sit in concentrated ground

Ward. You ran into a rather nasty combo there: most hits they block, the first hit that does make it through gets reduced by Ward, but they're constantly regenerating life because they're on Consecrated Ground and by the time you hit them again they're probably back at full health with their Ward recharged.

Basically, sucks to be you

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

But Harvest rares should 100% drop the harvestcraft material, right? And not "literally no loot at all half the time" ? Like that was the whole point of this system?

Pretty sure only the monsters listed at the extractor in blue drop juice, but considering how hosed drop rates are elsewhere :shrug:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 21, 2022

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
This is all making me quite glad I've ended up working my rear end off all weekend so haven't got out of act 1 yet! I was planning to at least get through the campaign tomorrow, but depending how quickly a patch seems to be materialising maybe I'll just play half hour or an hour here and there this week and hit maps next week once everything's fixed.

Secondary bonus: decent levelling crap in the guild stash and cheap levelling uniques hopefully.

For chromes it's worth having a chrome regedit code to paste into the vendors when you level. I've bought a few off the vendors (then wasted them on crap because I didn't realise how rare everything is) already.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Masonity posted:

Secondary bonus: decent levelling crap in the guild stash and cheap levelling uniques hopefully.

With the nerfed drop rates of uniques? lolno

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Next league they should try erring on the side of too rewarding and too easy, rather than the opposite, and just gather some player retention data so they can actually see if their regular strategy of "always make the content too hard and unrewarding and have massive complaining at the start of the league, then make changes to make it easier and more rewarding over a few weeks until it's in an ok state" is actually good for player retention or not.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I have consistently gotten juice from harvest by just maximizing the bottom monsters and ignoring the first 3 completely. Got ~200 from one plot once, generally around 100. Had one plot that only dropped like 30 though.

Gonna stop playing for the day and hope for a hotfix for drop rates for tomorrow. I've ran out of new maps and have like 12 chances and 11 alchs left so buying more from Kirac isn't tempting.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah something is definitely up with the drop rates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlL_2W0tFjw

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Next league they should try erring on the side of too rewarding and too easy, rather than the opposite, and just gather some player retention data so they can actually see if their regular strategy of "always make the content too hard and unrewarding and have massive complaining at the start of the league, then make changes to make it easier and more rewarding over a few weeks until it's in an ok state" is actually good for player retention or not.
Path of Exile 3.20: Vacation of Wilson

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Ward. You ran into a rather nasty combo there: most hits they block, the first hit that does make it through gets reduced by Ward, but they're constantly regenerating life because they're on Consecrated Ground and by the time you hit them again they're probably back at full health with their Ward recharged.

Basically, sucks to be you

that explains it. thank you

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2lSxnCVdg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-lCWWYsKoY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMQUuQW28I

Three content creators giving their thoughts on the league so far. TL;DR: it's not good, folks.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Honestly something just seems like... broken rather than purposefully changed. Surely this wasn't on purpose, right?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
After not playing for a full league I was looking forward to playing some PoE again. Didn't even make it all of Friday before I quit because I just wasn't having fun. I will say as my first league back with the Archnemesis mobs being core, they suck and are a huge mistake.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Well I pretty much skipped last league and thought I'd pop in here to see if there were any cool starters, but uhh

maybe I'll do some more Baal runs

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Red Red Blue posted:

Honestly something just seems like... broken rather than purposefully changed. Surely this wasn't on purpose, right?

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time they've hosed up drop rates by accident and then fixed it after the first few days. It's possible they tuned down drop rates on purpose so they could selectively adjust them upward (in fact I'm sure that was their approach, I think they just probably overdid it by accident).

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

queeb posted:

3.13 with the current atlas tree. Gimme a private league with this and I'd play 20 hours a day.

ggg's way more concerned that you'd get to endgame in 2 days than that you'd be playing for 2.5 months straight just making fun, cool, new builds and poo poo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

DangerDongs posted:

Yeah, someone probably hosed up big time.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnchantingBlueSalmonFrankerZ-6ZFiGoryUrp11z1o

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

I want to make the noise he makes my exalt drop sound.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Red Red Blue posted:

Probably not to this extent, but my favorite theory was that with their changes to iir/iiq and AN mods supposed to be dropping more, instead of making it be a bonus to what we had, they nerfed the drop rates on everything to try to compensate. (Doesn't explain empy's group etc though hence I am sure it's partially bugged as well.)

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with map sustain and I've never had an issue before. And since trash uniques are no longer dropping either I have a problem with alch sustain as well! I'm really hoping they get to buffing stuff tomorrow or I don't know that I'll continue playing.

eta, also league mechanics generally boost currency generation in some way or other but since the lakes I ran were completely trash I've been itemizing and hoarding them instead, hoping for a buff...

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I really enjoyed arch nem league, but boy has it made everything since just be a chore. They really want to die on that hill.

The harvest system rework itself is great I think, but just ugh. Literally should drop 5-10x what it does.

This "balance around one global trade when you have hundreds of thousands of players" system is not working out for people who like to find things while playing. And I get it - changing something from 2% to 3%, with how a very small but dedicated amount of people play the game, is the difference between "very valuable" and "1c trash", but I also don't care.

Part of what made the AN league fun was everyone designing new builds from ashes and omni.

I hope they adjust stuff soon (i don't think this is a bug), because loot starvation aside, I'm having fun. My starter is enjoyable, and the endgame systems are still great over all. Plus the challenges are doable, so I would like this to keep my interest.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Clocks posted:

Probably not to this extent, but my favorite theory was that with their changes to iir/iiq and AN mods supposed to be dropping more, instead of making it be a bonus to what we had, they nerfed the drop rates on everything to try to compensate. (Doesn't explain empy's group etc though hence I am sure it's partially bugged as well.)

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with map sustain and I've never had an issue before. And since trash uniques are no longer dropping either I have a problem with alch sustain as well! I'm really hoping they get to buffing stuff tomorrow or I don't know that I'll continue playing.

eta, also league mechanics generally boost currency generation in some way or other but since the lakes I ran were completely trash I've been itemizing and hoarding them instead, hoping for a buff...
The thing that really hurts right now, to me, is that it takes so many maps to get a lake, that without the regular sustain feeling like it's there, I'm like, cool. Only 8 more Strand runs until I have a lake! Sick!

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

xZAOx posted:

I hope they adjust stuff soon (i don't think this is a bug)

I certainly hope arcanist boxes dropping literally zero currency and simulacrum waves dropping literally zero items is a bug, because if not, we got bigger problems.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

My starter is so scuffed but feeling honestly great in maps. Poison shield crush trickster might actually be a thing. I'm doing a take on Jung's version but Ruetoo's might be better for softcore. Next step - frenzy charges and Uber lab. Also, hopefully, ggg buffs drops.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

yeah drops are hosed, I've never hit maps with this little currency before

it looks like they're straight broken or bugged, not just badly tuned (why not both)

ignoring that I'm generally doing alright, poo poo is really tanky though

fix the drops and make these beefy enemies explode in showers of loot (same for lake) and I'll be content - I don't have the viscerally negative reaction I see to AN enemies, if something is too lovely for my build at that moment or rolls some absurd combo with other mechanics I just move on

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lol I was in here a week ago saying that ggg reworks almost always end up coming out ahead of what stuff was before and people shouldn't worry that ggg is going to be gutting drops from, like, every mechanic people were worried about

mea culpa, I was wrong. I'm a big ggg homer generally, but lol they broke the gently caress out of their game and we're speedrunning chris wilson apology tour 2.0 in 3 weeks right now

Clocks posted:

same i ran out of maps and had to drop down literally 5 tiers which was bizarre because I'd pathed to the top of the tree almost right from the start so I had a fuckton of map drop nodes

victrix posted:

yeah drops are hosed, I've never hit maps with this little currency before

it looks like they're straight broken or bugged, not just badly tuned (why not both)

ignoring that I'm generally doing alright, poo poo is really tanky though

fix the drops and make these beefy enemies explode in showers of loot (same for lake) and I'll be content - I don't have the viscerally negative reaction I see to AN enemies, if something is too lovely for my build at that moment or rolls some absurd combo with other mechanics I just move on

I had 10 vaal orbs in 120k kills

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Is this something that gets real bad in maps? I'm only in act 7 and it seems fine. Except for when there were exclusively flameweaver mobs on tidal Island and I only had fireball

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Is this something that gets real bad in maps? I'm only in act 7 and it seems fine. Except for when there were exclusively flameweaver mobs on tidal Island and I only had fireball

the game got significantly more tedious and less rewarding as soon as i hit maps, it stinks. i'm having a lot of fun with the actual gameplay but i'm dead broke in SSF and dropped my loot filter 2 levels of strictness so I could start vendoring more rares to get alts and alch shards

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Zenithe posted:

I came out ahead of where I usually end up at map time if you ignore the fact that my floor ex aint worth poo poo anymore. About 1ex 20c once I hit maps, though most of the C was from selling jewels and mirror rings

It's juiced maps and league gimmicks and such that I noticed aren't paying out well

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol I was in here a week ago saying that ggg reworks almost always end up coming out ahead of what stuff was before and people shouldn't worry that ggg is going to be gutting drops from, like, every mechanic people were worried about

mea culpa, I was wrong. I'm a big ggg homer generally, but lol they broke the gently caress out of their game and we're speedrunning chris wilson apology tour 2.0 in 3 weeks right now

I'm currently reserving my judgment because it's clear that there's some pretty ugly bugs in this league. Between Strongboxes not dropping items, Simulacrum Waves not dropping items, and being able to roll maps which are not currently in the atlas (you can't run these and they bug your map tap if you put them in there) it's safe to say that regardless of what loot changes they actually intended to implement, something is hosed with them.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I hope it’s pat of whatever big is messing with all loot drops because of not harvest doesn’t exist anymore.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Does the fist of war support gem damage boost to "hits" apply to the aoe damage of tectonic slam?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm currently reserving my judgment because it's clear that there's some pretty ugly bugs in this league. Between Strongboxes not dropping items, Simulacrum Waves not dropping items, and being able to roll maps which are not currently in the atlas (you can't run these and they bug your map tap if you put them in there) it's safe to say that regardless of what loot changes they actually intended to implement, something is hosed with them.

lmao this game has the funniest bugs

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Does the fist of war support gem damage boost to "hits" apply to the aoe damage of tectonic slam?

Yes, all of what Tectonic Slam inherently puts out is hit damage.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Problem: Arch Nem monsters are way harder than the map boss.
Solution: Map bosses all have 4 Arch Nem mods at minimum.

Problem: No currency or any other loot is dropping from anywhere but Heist.
Solution: Heist contracts only have 1-2 chests, and monsters no longer drop any loot inside them. Blueprints only have 1-2 rooms per wing. Also, Arch Nem mods will show up more often.

Problem: Harvest takes way too many gardens to make even useful chaos orb crafts.
Solution: Harvest mobs have had their lifeforce drops doubled. To balance this, Harvest will now only have 1 plot. Every Harvest mob also has at least one Arch Nem mod.

Problem: Lake of Kalandra mechanic is too unrewarding, especially for its difficulty.
Solution: Rewards have been increased by 10%. However, now while slotting tiles, an Arch Nem monster will spawn nearby every 3 seconds.

Problem: People really don't like Arch Nem.
Solution: /shrug

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I spent a little bit farming contracts before finishing a10 and got a good amount of currency so if you are low on currency you can maybe try that. I normally don't like to heist since it doesn't progress my atlas and I can't do the league mechanic but I might go back to it if they don't buff lakes tomorrow

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well they are back in the office soon let’s see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
a bit late but on the topic of alching maps: remember that you can use orbs of binding on them, too