Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Genshin Impact: Smoking Grass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's not weed you piece of poo poo fatui!!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hyperbloom-ension Nahida

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Genshin Impact: Act 3!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Genshin 3.0: We're very excited about getting a third type of green damage number

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Genshin Impact Tree.0: Touch the wisdom grass

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just started playing recently and only got access to the summer event today. Given that it ends in a few days and seems to involve an extremely long quest chain, will I have time to get anything worthwhile out of it, or should I just give it a miss at this point?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I just started playing recently and only got access to the summer event today. Given that it ends in a few days and seems to involve an extremely long quest chain, will I have time to get anything worthwhile out of it, or should I just give it a miss at this point?

the quest chain honestly isnt that long. you can absolutely get it done in a few days. its like 4 dungeons that each take an hour-90 minutes or so each.

id definitely recommend doing it all just for the free copy of fischl, shes an extremely good unit and even if you already have her, her constellations are great too.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

I wouldn't bother running around to collect all the chests (at least not unless you have free time afterwards and feel like tooling around for a few handfuls of primogems) but you should definitely try and blast through the event story and follow a guide to collect 16 conches so you can get the free Fischl and her skin.

You can see the locations of all the overworld conches on the official interactive map.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 20, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Okay, cool. Thanks. I already got a little way into it and haven't seen any of the event currency yet, so I don't know how plentiful it is and wasn't sure what kind of time scale I'd be looking at to get Fischl.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I wouldn't bother running around to collect all the chests (at least not unless you have free time afterwards and feel like tooling around for a few handfuls of primogems) but you should definitely try and blast through the event story and follow a guide to collect 16 conches so you can get the free Fischl and her skin.

You can see the locations of all the overworld conches on the official interactive map.

The event challenges tied to each island and the boat time attacks give decent rewards too.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Okay, cool. Thanks. I already got a little way into it and haven't seen any of the event currency yet, so I don't know how plentiful it is and wasn't sure what kind of time scale I'd be looking at to get Fischl.

The event currency comes from repeating the dungeons that unlock after you finish each story one. Works out to about 3 runs per dungeon or you could sacrifice the primos for time and run one dungeon 12 times. Definitely try to get Fischl

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

the event currency is gotten from little combat challenges, not boss fights. you can max it out in like 20 minutes.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

but you should definitely try and blast through the event story and follow a guide to collect 16 conches so you can get the free Fischl and her skin.

this is the most important part, if you don't get it now you can only get it with the genesis crystals (the real money currency) later

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

FractalSandwich posted:

Another important thing to note: you only need to OBTAIN 2400 of the currency, not actually spend 2400 to buy Fischl. So feel free to buy the stuff you need from the event shop as you go.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

Genshin Impact Tree.0

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

serefin99 posted:

Another important thing to note: you only need to OBTAIN 2400 of the currency, not actually spend 2400 to buy Fischl. So feel free to buy the stuff you need from the event shop as you go.

Ngl, I had completely forgotten about the event shop and had all 2400 points, so thanks for the reminder!

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Garrand posted:

Genshin Impact Tree.0

Genshin Impact Tree.0: The Fake Cat Girls Are Increasing
Genshin Impact Tree.0: Touching Grass in HD
Genshin Impact Tree.0: Slime Theory Is Real
Genshin Impact Tree.0: A Whole New Nation To Mispronounce

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7iw25XsME

More animations shorts from Mihoyo. Honkai related again to advertise a concert.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

sandorius posted:

Genshin Impact Tree.0: Touching Grass in HD

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Kale posted:

Sounds like according to recent leaks we might be getting A permanent TCG feature in 3.1 and an event im a place called Sumpter Beast Park in Sumeru which is supposed to feature Yae Miko somehow for some contest (No idea if its for the TCG but I feel if any character would get obsessed with a hobby thing like that it would be her, Itto and/or Ninguang maybe), which I assume means a rerun for her. If so that's interesting cause apparently Dendro is supposed to compliment her kit very well.

This would be very cool.

Tower of Fantasy chat

Zenostein posted:

You can melee the dandelions, actually. But for the top one you have to double jump and it's a pain to get the lockon for say, the spear, to actually target it (and positioning yourself to hit it and not be in the drat thing's hitbox is difficult). The laser staff thing works well, so long as you shoot precisely at the top of your double-jump. Not that it matters, you basically have to always have that crap bow equipped for all the fire stuff anyway.

Huh. This I did not know!

Also I detest that crap fire bow. Feels like Amber all over again but without the charm of the character.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah ToF's story is not really related at all to cybernetics vs humanity so far. It's actually about how humanity destroyed civilization by building the Tower of Fantasy(tm) to harness the zombie radiation from the moon, then literally destroyed the world by making a failed time machine powered by zombie radiation to try and go back before the cataclysm and unfuck everything, which shattered the spacetime continuum or some poo poo. And the megacorp which made the tower & time machine runs what's left of the world. Now a few decades years later (or is it a few hundred years?) a terrorist group is loving with everyone and stealing all their poo poo in an attempt to recreate the time machine and re-attempt the hail mary time machine strat. The robot thing is just a minor subplot when Shirli's zombie radation inhibitor breaks and her brother Zeke defects to the terrorists so they'll make her a nonzombified cyborg body before she dies.

This is a good synopsis. It made the infodump by Hykros when I finished that chapter in the main quest yesterday a bit more understandable.

I have some questions from the more veteran ToF players. Genshin fans, if this gets irritating let me know and I'll take it to a new thread. If I have to do an OP though it will be initially pretty brief so don't expect much.

Alright. So I'm looking for advice on what SSR to get for my SSR choice box. I have Shiro (Chakram), Crow (Thunderblades), Cocoritter (Absolute Zero), and Huma (Molten Shield V2). I was thinking of Zero for his pyro ability or Meryl which I hear is good for PVP. I'm toying with the idea of getting the next limited character who has a pyro ranged weapon however so please factor that into your analysis.

My SRs are Echo (Halberd) 6 stars, Pepper (Staff) 2 stars, Ene (Pummeler) 6 stars, Bai Ling (bow) 6 stars, and Hilda (gun) no stars.

Also I have enough Black Gold (120) to pick a SSR that I already have to increase it by one star. What should I pick?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Unless you're willing to put all your black golds into Zero dupes, probably not Zero, and I say this as someone who has 1* Zero and is planning to do just that. Zero is VERY star reliant, as half of his utility is locked behind his 1, his 3, and his 5. Furthermore, you already have Coco, who's the best healer in the game if you need it as far as pure healing goes (Nemesis is a better support for DPS purposes, though), so you might be better off considering getting someone like Tsubasa who is arguably going to be the most future proof because her buffs are still sometimes relevant (esp once you eventually get her to 6*, but just at 1* she's already really strong)

Definitely don't get a dupe with the selector box, though, you want to spread your box wider so you have more options for the gold token buy shop.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I have coco and huma's first star, I think overall their utility is about equal. huma gets a big damage boost by building 3 stacks using the shield dodge attack, then switching to axe mode where they convert to 45% damage. coco gets a trickle heal that targets the team member with the lowest HP, so it works for both solo and co-op. I run tsubasa/huma/coco most of the time, the balanced resonance is pretty good and huma's shield break is useful everywhere

for the free SSR box you should look at what you're missing in your team comps: do you have two attack weapons for the co-op 40% damage bonus, etc.? I went with huma because I didn't want to equip The Bad Bow to burn the branches around the supply boxes

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Helical Nightmares posted:

This would be very cool.

Tower of Fantasy chat

Huh. This I did not know!

Also I detest that crap fire bow. Feels like Amber all over again but without the charm of the character.

This is a good synopsis. It made the infodump by Hykros when I finished that chapter in the main quest yesterday a bit more understandable.

I have some questions from the more veteran ToF players. Genshin fans, if this gets irritating let me know and I'll take it to a new thread. If I have to do an OP though it will be initially pretty brief so don't expect much.

Alright. So I'm looking for advice on what SSR to get for my SSR choice box. I have Shiro (Chakram), Crow (Thunderblades), Cocoritter (Absolute Zero), and Huma (Molten Shield V2). I was thinking of Zero for his pyro ability or Meryl which I hear is good for PVP. I'm toying with the idea of getting the next limited character who has a pyro ranged weapon however so please factor that into your analysis.

My SRs are Echo (Halberd) 6 stars, Pepper (Staff) 2 stars, Ene (Pummeler) 6 stars, Bai Ling (bow) 6 stars, and Hilda (gun) no stars.

Also I have enough Black Gold (120) to pick a SSR that I already have to increase it by one star. What should I pick?

Your choice with the SSR box is basically just down to which playstyle you want to focus on.
Meryl will let you run double tank weapons with her+Huma if you want to play as a tank in party content, and Zero will enable double-support without having to use the SR healing staff so you can be a healer. Zero is not especially good outside of his niche as "the only other standard-banner support" (or if you get tons of dupes) so I would just avoid him unless you really want to play as healer while also wanting to skip the Nemesis banner. Plus Huma already covers the pyro niche and she's great, especially if you pick up her 1* dupe passive which is one of the best in the game and gives a huge damage boost to her active skill.

And yeah Meryl is one of the best weapons in pvp, probably top 3. I got to top 100 on my server using her + huma. But it is just painful going against all the Nemesis 3x healer keepaway teams. If you don't plan to use her for PvE stuff I wouldn't pick her up purely for PvP because the high level pvp meta is just super unpleasant at the moment and gets old fast (until they release a new powercreepy limited to counter nemesis :p ).

King is another option if you do plan to roll for Cobalt the fire shotgun lady later since unlike Huma he will enable double-dps resonance with her so you can bring a support weapon like Coco. If you run Huma + Cobalt as your fire team then you will need some kinda filler DPS to stick in your third slot for that +40% damage passive, so no chance to use Coco. But IDK how big of a deal that is, Huma+Cobalt+Shiro is probably a fine team.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Helical Nightmares posted:

Alright. So I'm looking for advice on what SSR to get for my SSR choice box. I have Shiro (Chakram), Crow (Thunderblades), Cocoritter (Absolute Zero), and Huma (Molten Shield V2). I was thinking of Zero for his pyro ability or Meryl which I hear is good for PVP.

Bear in mind most of the recommendations on the internet, especially the "best team for xxxx" pages, are based on the CN version that came out December 2021. Every weapon and matrix have been rebalanced for global as have most bosses. The characters with the longest lifespans are supposedly going to be ones that do a percentage based buff to team damage, like Shiro or Tsubasa.

I got Shiro and Huma very early and ran them with Peppe. Later got Shiro's first star and replaced Pepper with Nemesis. Shiro is top tier DPS, has a great buff at 1 star, is ranged, and her skill (tink...tink...tinktinktinktinktinktinktink) is quite satisfying. She's also great for pegging dandelions and nailing guys up on towers.

I love Huma's playstyle. However, I just got King off that 10-pull clotho supply pod and it has made a huge difference in what I can clear. He is the only shield breaker that is tagged DPS so Shiro+King+healer will give you DPS resonance. And he does way more damage than Huma, especially in teams. I bought his first star which is a pretty big buff. I actually think Huma is the better shield breaker as King's skill has a gigantic cooldown while Huma's has a huge AOE and is up just about every time you want to swap to her.

I also ran Crow for a bit for volt resonance, he is top tier DPS but only if you ignore all his other attacks and do an amount of plunge attack spam that would make even Xiao wince.

If I were you I would probably get King. Having a shield-breaking DPS just gives you so many more options in terms of what team resonance you want. I have had no issues with damage with Shiro+King even with bosses who can't be bothered to stand still in Shiro's gently caress circle. If you're getting Nemesis and like Huma's playstyle then I would think about Samir who is supposedly still top tier DPS with zero stars.

I still have my free SSR box and am trying to decide between Samir and Tsubasa. I'm really not concerned with powercreep as it's doubtful I will keep playing once I have explored everything and cleared the existing content.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Shiro is also a shield breaker who is tagged DPS though

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
yeah okay you got me there but in my admittedly limited experience she's an SBINO unless her skill is up and her target also has to be kind enough to sit in a chair the whole time rather than say move 10 yards in any direction

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks again to everyone who answered my questions about the summer event. I finished it with a good couple of days to spare. It took a little longer than I might have liked, but I was planning on playing Genshin pretty much all weekend anyway, so it all works out.

I got to Inazuma straight after, and Shinobu was one of my first 4-stars, so now I have more lightning than I know what to do with. I guess that's not such a bad problem to have.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
New short web event with some forest rangering and 40 primos: https://act.hoyoverse.com/ys/event/e20220819tighnari-wmke/index.html

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So what actual stats should I be trying to put on Gorou if he's just in Itto's pocket? EM and ER? None of his talents mention scaling off any of his stats. Or does he not scale and I pretty much don't need anything but some hp and def buffs to avoid him getting smacked in the split seconds he's on the field casting is buff?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Coolness Averted posted:

So what actual stats should I be trying to put on Gorou if he's just in Itto's pocket? EM and ER? None of his talents mention scaling off any of his stats. Or does he not scale and I pretty much don't need anything but some hp and def buffs to avoid him getting smacked in the split seconds he's on the field casting is buff?
He basically doesn't scale, his burst damage is so crazy low. Because of this I have him at 75CR/50CD with favonious and ~220 ER.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ironically one of his best artifact sets is one of the 4* ones, Exile :v:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

No Wave posted:

He basically doesn't scale, his burst damage is so crazy low. Because of this I have him at 75CR/50CD with favonious and ~220 ER.

Yeah that's what it looked like. The only scaling I saw was def increasing his talent damage, but I don't really care about the damage he does, just the buff strength. I was just curious if there was a hidden mechanic I didn't catch.

Mix. posted:

ironically one of his best artifact sets is one of the 4* ones, Exile :v:
Ah thanks for that, that's something good to know.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yeah, you didn't miss anything, he's weird that way. His A1 is just a flat 25% bonus that doesn't look at his own stats. The only scaling mechanic I notice is his C4 heal.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FractalSandwich posted:

Thanks again to everyone who answered my questions about the summer event. I finished it with a good couple of days to spare. It took a little longer than I might have liked, but I was planning on playing Genshin pretty much all weekend anyway, so it all works out.

I got to Inazuma straight after, and Shinobu was one of my first 4-stars, so now I have more lightning than I know what to do with. I guess that's not such a bad problem to have.

Just in time to see the word immune pop up a bunch :v:
(It’s actually less than you’d think for inazuma, it’s just slimes/specters and some bosses, so don’t worry about it)

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
For me Gorou is all about his C6. Adding 40% crit damage to Itto or Ningguang makes them more of a wrecking ball. Even though I think Gorou is cute and want him to have nice things.

Edit: Committing to the artifact grind and having somewhat optimized teams has made me realize how over-produced the Oceanid fight is. Talk less and fight more lady.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 22, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Patch Notes posted:

3. Adds "Dendro DMG Bonus" to the primary attribute of the Goblet of Eonothem artifact (Due to the addition of this attribute to Goblet of Eonothem, the percentage of getting the primary attributes of DEF%, HP%, and ATK% will be reduced, while the percentage of getting other primary attributes will not change.)

The good ending :)

Patch Notes posted:

10. Adjusts the pull range of the pull effect on objects in the vertical direction to twice the horizontal range. Affected pull effects include: Elemental Skill: Kaedehara Kazuha, Jean, Sucrose, Traveler (Anemo), Elemental Burst: Venti, Sucrose, Shikanoin Heizou, Traveler (Anemo), Weapon Effect: The Viridescent Hunt
:confused:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

we're going to have a bunch more floating enemies (like the spectres) and theyre making it easier to pull them in?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah, read that as the same. A very good change

..but no flying enemies would be better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Hopefully it means we can pull archers off of those unclimbable towers.