Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

jumping on symbols and restarting every time i fell off then running away from a boulder in the underground cave was, ah, not a highlight. Cool game though, I like the vibe, it has a bit of a Ys feel in a way I can't really pin down

So it's not just me struggling with that part. Does the platforming continue to be important? I can't get the hang of these jumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There is quite a lot of platforming

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I struggled hard with it for a while and died a few too many times. I feel that you can’t really jump quickly after you land so if you wait a second it works out.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

I struggled hard with it for a while and died a few too many times. I feel that you can’t really jump quickly after you land so if you wait a second it works out.
Yeah I had some very frustrating times at Fancy Mel's minigames trying to work this out. It's so jarring going back to a game that doesn't have any kind of coyote time lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Got through the first two chapters with Rue. Weird game, but it's so charming. Gargoyle rules.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Rod is cool, lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

this game looks cool but every psx emulator i try crashes or runs like dogshit

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

P-Mack posted:

duckstation

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

P-Mack posted:

Try this one

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mbt posted:

duckstation

Thank you!

herculon posted:

Try this one

mine isn't starting up but there's a place nearby that might be able to fix it so I can play my legally owned copies of software and the playstation BIOS

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

It’s also $6 on the Vita if you have one

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Beat the game as Rue

Game is cool. Digging the soundtrack on the first playthrough. Some of the platforming sections were very aggravating, particularly in Mel's atelier and the Tower of Maya. I like all the characters, game has a lot of heart.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
been wasting time fighting Rod lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

can't believe Starscourge Radahn and Yobgoblin are both in this game... truly ahead of its time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

the tiny text box is so good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

been wasting time fighting Rod lol

Rod ftw

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arch Nemesis posted:

Game is cool. Digging the soundtrack on the first playthrough. Some of the platforming sections were very aggravating, particularly in Mel's atelier and the Tower of Maya. I like all the characters, game has a lot of heart.

this sums it up for me, too. i liked the monster and character designs art-wise. the psx era squigglevision rendering is endearing to me

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Love this guy

if you spin attack too many times as the salamander he gets dizzy and falls over. this game rules lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

if you spin attack too many times as the salamander he gets dizzy and falls over. this game rules lol

Yep. had a video of it but I decided to just let people discover that for themselves, best part of the game bar none

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mint is easy mode lol. the magic system kind of owns, i wish more games had systems where you could pick your element and then how that element is used

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Won't be able to play for a few days but hopefully get through the Mint campaign in time. Last dungeon was maybe a bit too long and the final boss was poo poo, but that was just kind of the style at the time, can't really find too many major faults with the game. A good nomination

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

mint is easy mode lol. the magic system kind of owns, i wish more games had systems where you could pick your element and then how that element is used

Legend of mana has a spell customization system that's pretty neat, but by the time you can start really getting into it you'll have a weapon that does 2x the damage and the game is over lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

right at the start of Mint's storyline, but spoilering since it could be spoilers for people playing Rue first

drat, Mint is cold to her sister lol. For some reason, I thought Mint was the younger of the two through the whole Rue story.

e: lol at the revenge

Arch Nemesis fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 20, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The platforming sections in Mel’s Atelier were kind of annoying as hell

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

PSX texture filtering ftw lol

why hello doctor

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

why hello doctor

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The platforming sections in Mel’s Atelier were kind of annoying as hell

I had to take a break from this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

why hello doctor

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

why hello doctor

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like how casually the story glances over how the doctor abandoned his daughter for five days to do research

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I like how casually the story glances over how the doctor abandoned his daughter for five days to do research

its what she gets for calling me Polly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Later on she calls Duke Dukey which just sounds like Dookie. Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

why hello doctor

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

why hello doctor

integer rear end rendering pipeline

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

why hello doctor

lol

: Beat the game as Mint
: Get the Epilogue ending

rue seems like the cooler choice at first with transforming but mint >>>> rue

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

why hello doctor

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Rue/Polly's Drag Race

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

She should be executed imo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
this went from an 8 to a 6 with this AIDS platforming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

this went from an 8 to a 6 with this AIDS platforming

I was just about to post the same thing, I was getting frustrated enough with the little bit you have to do in the Underground Ruins as Mint but the part afterward outside Mel's atelier where you just have to do a few lovely Mario levels for no real reason has me shouting at my TV like DSP. I pushed jump dood come on.