Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

If a stillsuit can filter out via a period cup, I feel that the cup itself is superfluous.

It's got one of those dentist spit suckers but with a little immersion blender blade inside for the solid bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

It's got one of those dentist spit suckers but with a little immersion blender blade inside for the solid bits

cool

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

oh god i just got a mental image of a stillsuit filtering out the diva cup

Usil gonna drink the water of life.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

stick you hand in the box, it's full of pain.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Someone's about to get kicked out of a bakery

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Okay i google translated it and i still dont get it

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

(Yelly girl) THE REVERSAL OF LITTLE AND A IN A LITTLE TREAT WAS THE POINT OF THE SALAMI JOKE IMPLYING THE CAT WAS WRITING THE CAT CARE TIP AND HAD THE TYPICALLY FLAWED GRAMMAR WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH FROM 2000 ERA LOLCAT MEMES SO FAILING TO REVERSE IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've never read that nerd poo poo but my understanding is that once the Honored Matres come into play doesn't that become rather literal? Herbert got horny in the last few books from everything I've heard (and will shamelessly recirculate without proof).

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

Okay i google translated it and i still dont get it

Le petit mort is a French euphemism for orgasm. Go back back this knowledge

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Interestingly, they also call actual death 'the big orgasm'.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

sebmojo posted:

(Yelly girl) THE REVERSAL OF LITTLE AND A IN A LITTLE TREAT WAS THE POINT OF THE SALAMI JOKE IMPLYING THE CAT WAS WRITING THE CAT CARE TIP AND HAD THE TYPICALLY FLAWED GRAMMAR WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH FROM 2000 ERA LOLCAT MEMES SO FAILING TO REVERSE IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE

Sunglasses astros shirt guy, hand on your neck: so in the early 2000s as more people switched to DSL or cable internet, image-sharing started becoming more popular and elaborate jokes could be shortened to the punchline over an image that conveys the context. This was known as an image macro on the something awful forums which was basically a prototype version of 4chan or reddit where people paid money to be told whether they're funny or not and if they weren't they had to pay again. So as the image macros, or reaction memes as we'd call them now, gained popularity an offshoot of that was direct short form jokes created by adding text to an image usually using a commonly known subject of observational comedy. And an offshoot of that was the commonplace issues that come with pet ownership, such as cats being destructive and oftentimes mercurial in their fluctuating aloofness and neediness, which gave rise to LOLcats as relatable comedy and popular simply because people enjoy cute cat pictures. And I'd be remiss to not mention that all that money that went to people posting cat memes went to the website owner buying a bunch of expensive cookies and a very expensive new spine which was somewhat futile when his next purchase was a tool to remove the top of his head. Anyways as these image macros circulated and escaped containments from the something awful forums they took on a life of their own and the enduring name for them became "memes" based on the writings of a sad british schoolteacher who was extremely fascinated by the idea of dogs engaging in mutual simultaneous oral sex.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Large Testicles posted:

oh god i just got a mental image of a stillsuit filtering out the diva cup

How does it filter the chunky bits?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kuros posted:

Urine and feces (and presumably other things) are processed in the thigh pads.

Someone didn't read the book or watch the David Lynch version.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Aug 22, 2022

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

The Anime Liker posted:

Urine and feces (and presumably other things) are processed in the thigh pads.

Someone didn't read the book or watch the David Lynch version.

It's been many many years since I read the book.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Kuros posted:

Same as it deals with poop.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

poop without rhythm, it won't attract the worm

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

mind the walrus posted:

I've never read that nerd poo poo but my understanding is that once the Honored Matres come into play doesn't that become rather literal? Herbert got horny in the last few books from everything I've heard (and will shamelessly recirculate without proof).

This was posted in a discord server earlier today, you be the judge of Herbert’s horniness.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
All sci fi authors are sex weirdos, just hope they get it out in their books instead on their publishing company staff like Asimov

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hypnophant posted:

Fire departments take EMS calls to protect their budgets while EMS gets systemically underfunded. That's it that's the whole reason. Firefighting and medical care aren't complementary skills and while I worked with a few truly excellent firefighter-paramedics, for the most part firefighters on an EMS call don't want to be there, don't have any reason to be there, and don't do anything useful while they're there, but they need to be there so their leadership can justify their budget based on call volume when EMTs getting paid a fraction what firefighters get are doing 95% of the work.

That's because the hospital is also underfunded and the ER won't have a bed for our patient for another 2 hours

To be fair, it is probably handy to have a couple burly fire bros on hand when you have to move a fatty down the stairs. The patents keep growing but the EMTs stay the same size.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

mind the walrus posted:

The Matres just use sex to control people, basically by loving thoughts into them, but the Bene Gesserit were already doing stuff like that. All the books are kind of horny but the real messed-up stuff is in Heretics IIRC, when one of the witches tries to fuckception a nine-year-old boy and instead he turns it around and unlocks his mind's potential to like, move really fast and vibrate through walls or something.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Bloop posted:

Sorry but there's no Man in the Boat on Arrakis

that so? what color is the Boathouse on Arrakis?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that so? what color is the Boathouse on Arrakis?

:coffeepal:

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

These guys must eat a lot of rear end.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Large Testicles posted:

i'm sorry, NUKE A MARSHMALLOW BETWEEN COOKIES??? is that what you think s'mores are?

Yeah, sorry. I’m from New Zealand and s’mores aren’t really a thing here, which is why I didn’t call it that, but the marshmallow between two wine biscuits in the microwave was a thing we did as kids for a sweet treat and to get to watch the marshmallow expand through the microwave window. Try it out, it’s fun. A wine biscuit is approximately a graham cracker, more or less. I think. I’ve never actually had a graham cracker. Sweet, plain, dry cookie thing anyway. Would probably also be good with digestive biscuits or hob nobs.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

The Matres just use sex to control people, basically by loving thoughts into them, but the Bene Gesserit were already doing stuff like that. All the books are kind of horny but the real messed-up stuff is in Heretics IIRC, when one of the witches tries to fuckception a nine-year-old boy and instead he turns it around and unlocks his mind's potential to like, move really fast and vibrate through walls or something.
Radical Larry is from Dune!?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

This was posted in a discord server earlier today, you be the judge of Herbert’s horniness.

this is the least arousing thing i have ever read

fuckin' tax assessment form levels of horn

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

LifeSunDeath posted:

French Paul Atreides: "man, I thought this was gonna be some really bad torture, but there's just a nice warm baguette in here, does the Bene Gesserit just want to feed me lunch?"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Elviscat posted:

French Paul Atreides: "man, I thought this was gonna be some really bad torture, but there's just a nice warm baguette in here, does the Bene Gesserit just want to feed me lunch?"

"Aw, bon pain"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The Anime Liker posted:

I have some bad news about how like 85% of hands that have touched your food have touched a dick.

Cope, seethe, and starve, incels.

Fellas, is it gay to sexually gratify a woman? :ohdear:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that a cat

It's a goat.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Fellas, is it gay to sexually gratify a woman? :ohdear:

Who cares, keep eating rear end, pussy or cum (or everything) if you fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the Sex Arbiter has logged on