Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Aren't firefights chuds too? I guess this was one of the good ones [e: so of course he got fired]

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Aren't firefights chuds too? I guess this was one of the good ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYoDrNh-Svc
Firefighters are the people getting stoned by the population tired of the cops when they actually try to save people's lives from fire.
Edit: maybe this one will work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kon0rmLQE7U

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm considering a name change to
"EXPLETIVE the police"
But only if I can get it to somehow convey the news anchors tone.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

mobby_6kl posted:

Aren't firefights chuds too? I guess this was one of the good ones.

Especially from what I remember from the time of 2020 rioting and covid, this was the general consensus of goons posting on the Somethingawful.com comedy forums: Firefighters are cops in red instead of blue.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

I'm surprised there is not grocery store surveillance of it. Cause it sounds like the cop shot not as a reaction to threat, but after time to contemplate and grow from fear to anger. Which would of course be the diff from self defense to murder.

There probably was, but it was collected as evidence by police and magically vanished into the "currently under investigation" ether :iiam:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Especially from what I remember from the time of 2020 rioting and covid, this was the general consensus of goons posting on the Somethingawful.com comedy forums: Firefighters are cops in red instead of blue.

Firefighters run into burning buildings, cops stand in hallways while kids get murdered. Clearly these people are the same.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Firefighters run into burning buildings, cops stand in hallways while kids get murdered. Clearly these people are the same.

They also set buildings on fire, so not that different https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefighter_arson

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I remember seeing some infographic around 2016-2017 that showed professions and their votes for each party. Somehow, firefighters were more likely to vote Republican than cops. Honestly I'm not sure how that's possible, but yeah.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don't agree with the idea, but that was thrown around quite a bit by non-GBS goons who were frequenting any riot, police, or covid related thread because the ones in the politics fan forums weren't enough for them. Again, I don't agree with it and I think firefighters as a whole are on a different level than cops, however we lost a couple firefighters locally who spent their last days on ecmo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I don't agree with the idea, but that was thrown around quite a bit by non-GBS goons who were frequenting any riot, police, or covid related thread because the ones in the politics fan forums weren't enough for them. Again, I don't agree with it and I think firefighters as a whole are on a different level than cops, however we lost a couple firefighters locally who spent their last days on ecmo.

Yeah I’m just going by personal experience from people I know in who have experience with both (EMT, hospital workers) and their general consensus is firefighters > cops, but that’s obviously anecdotal and subject to a lot of variables.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its like comparing piss and poo poo. which one is worse really depends on the circumstances but youll usually land on a consensus that poo poo is generally worse

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Saucer Hovers posted:

its like comparing piss and poo poo. which one is worse really depends on the circumstances but youll usually land on a consensus that poo poo is generally worse

Yeah, I would entertain golden showers before scat play.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
If there's someone weird
In your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?
The Fire Department!

because they are much better at dealing with mental health crises and extremely unlikely to get violent

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A friend of mine's dad is a retired firefighter and is super progressive, however I am friends with him on FB and seeing comments on his posts I can see a ton of firefighter friends of his are hardcore chuds.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Weird that CHUDs are drawn to civil service jobs with strong worker protections and long-reaching pensions/benefits

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Republicans have done a lot to cater to white blue collar workers. It isn't that surprising.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Police are different, in that the job involves brutalizing and threatening others to make yourself feel big. There’s probably big dumb masculinity energy in all those jobs too, like slapping each other’s balls in the show to prove they’re not gay, etc.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/theBeerkid69/status/1560778634926796800

:mmmhmm:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

lol imagine comparing people who volunteer their time to save your life and run into burning buildings with someone who will shoot you dead if they surprise you while you are holding a phone

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

FilthyImp posted:

Weird that CHUDs are drawn to civil service jobs with strong worker protections and long-reaching pensions/benefits

“See, but I’m actually providing a public service, while those limpdick bureaucrats just exist to put up red tape!”

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kirk Vikernes posted:

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Firefighters don't murder people and dogs. They don't have guns. They aren't commonly used for riot control like in the 60's. They literally sign up to help people when they're at their worst. Cops sign up to put them at their worst.

They are not the same.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah I’m just going by personal experience from people I know in who have experience with both (EMT, hospital workers) and their general consensus is firefighters > cops, but that’s obviously anecdotal and subject to a lot of variables.

I admit I'm biased. But the roles of the two jobs are entirely different. Firefighters have no sort of lawful authority to do detain anyone or anything like that. There is no authority we want to work over on anyone to show we are more powerful or superior. We just want to help hurt people. :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 20, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
really ties it together

https://twitter.com/beyondbeefcake/status/1560780220696653824

also :acab:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/idkmanwow/status/1560840340260675584?s=20&t=HT5AWa55cEFwtsq2JZt2Ag

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nah, conservatives wouldn’t cancel someone for their speech, they hate cancel culture

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

You know the idiot who pulled the gun in the skateboarders?

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1560790980047028225?s=21&t=PoQNV-EyNULvHvXowbvWFQ

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Three cops filmed in Arkansas beating the poo poo out of a guy on the ground. One cop punches him about 12 times in the head. Two knees to the head too. Guy just trying to cover his head. Two others kneeing/punching/kicking. Horrific video. Woman filming is told to "SHUT THE gently caress UP"

I think I'm done with the internet for a while.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Three cops filmed in Arkansas beating the poo poo out of a guy on the ground. One cop punches him about 12 times in the head. Two knees to the head too. Guy just trying to cover his head. Two others kneeing/punching/kicking. Horrific video. Woman filming is told to "SHUT THE gently caress UP"

I think I'm done with the internet for a while.

I saw a tweet of that earlier when I was on my phone and didn't have the desire to look it up again and post it in here.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I heard the cops are suspended and being investigated by the state police. So, you know, justice has been done.

America's longest running and most powerful street gang.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Surprised this didn’t get posted here
:yeeclaw:
this is the third time

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

InsertPotPun posted:

this is the third time

I didn’t see it posted before I did. You might be thinking of the Trump thread where it got posted a bunch.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ted cruz

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/RobDiRienzo/status/1561810244430401540

https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1561811433578532867

We're catching up, fellas. :smug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good news for your shooter diversity quotas

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's easy to say you support womens rights, you need to take the bold stance of also supporting womens wrongs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
We really do need more diversity in the mass shooter arena. It's pretty gross that it's all young white males.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

shooting your way through the glass ceiling

way more successful than the corn field guy who tried to nailgun his way through the fbi glass door

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Legit surprised she’s still standing and not riddled with bullets.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
It looks like this may have been a targeted attack (I'm seeing reports of her having beef with the management of her condo building), so men are still running the "shooting randomly" game. :haw:

The Atlanta Metro system thing identified her, but I'm going to wait a bit before posting any further info. A LinkedIn post hinting at retaliation has been discovered, but I'd prefer to wait until the authorities identify her before passing this along.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 22, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Read After Burning posted:

It looks like this may have been a targeted attack (I'm seeing reports of her having beef with the management of her condo building), so men are still running the "shooting randomly" game.

The Atlanta Metro system thing identified her, but I'm going to wait a bit before posting any further info. A LinkedIn post hinting at retaliation has been discovered, but I'd prefer to wait until the authorities identify her before passing this along.

Withholding judgment until we know if she killed a landlord or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
gently caress cops eh