Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Lmao that guy was so flabbergasted she's for real that he backed out of the "BoFa deez nuts on ya chin" that she would totally have fallen for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

Lmao that guy was so flabbergasted she's for real that he backed out of the "BoFa deez nuts on ya chin" that she would totally have fallen for.

This is the first time I've ever seen a Deez Nuts joke get blue balled.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TontoCorazon posted:

From a discord server I peruse

This looks familiar somehow but I know I haven't read it before it was posted in here.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

Have you considered that some philosophers might be problematic, too?

https://twitter.com/Liv_Agar/status/1560335207496024066?s=20&t=j5LGaTvSVSb4lMsuLmst1Q

lol the three that aren't a murderer or Algerian signed a petition to French Parliament saying that it shouldn't be a crime to rape 13 year olds.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Tunicate posted:

lol the three that aren't a murderer or Algerian signed a petition to French Parliament saying that it shouldn't be a crime to rape 13 year olds.

Yes, they are french philosophers who were alive in the 70s

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tunicate posted:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bluskyeallison/status/1560533310140518400?s=21

This is what she is referencing:

https://twitter.com/midnight_pals/status/1560333033353293824?s=21

If you don't see the racism, don't worry, Mumsnet is here to explain everything (Mumsnet are the idiots):

Threads:

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1561132867551342592

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1561133750934573057

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1561600900556238848

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1561617537938296834

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 12:32 on Aug 22, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Love starting my day by reading something that makes me want to go outside and take a long slow walk

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The only way I could see that as being remotely considered racist would be if this Bailey person is Italian, and as someone who is from an Italian family, it ain't racist.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

samovar proudly carries a spaghetti briefcase

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mx. posted:

samovar proudly carries a spaghetti briefcase

*tastes suitcase Bolognese from floor*

"Wait, is there garlic in this ragu?"

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
gotta hand it to those psychos, that does read as racist when you consider the half-millennia old racism they added to it

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
There's racism in the briefcase already, mumsnet spaghetti

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Samovar posted:

The only way I could see that as being remotely considered racist would be if this Bailey person is Italian, and as someone who is from an Italian family, it ain't racist.

but have you considered that italians aren't white, so anything you say about them is a joke about all non white people? checkmate

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
imagine if instead of 'spaghetti falls out of my briefcase' they instead said 'I'm going to murder a child with a gun'. Not so funny now, is it?????

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love that mumsnet is so stupid I genuinely can't tell who's a troll and who's legit.

Like what do you even say to

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Do... do they mean the eminem song? This website loving rules lmao

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Look, if you just change the time, place, who's involved, and the context of everything, it's racist!

DaysBefore posted:

They absolutely do. Mumsnet is the site that Linehan was radicallized by, IIRC.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DaysBefore posted:

they 100% do, unless they mean some nobody soundcloud guy doing a 4chan meme I can't think of any mainstream rap song that involved spaghetti other than that

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

sexpig by night posted:

I love that mumsnet is so stupid I genuinely can't tell who's a troll and who's legit.

Like what do you even say to

This is absolutely a troll. It has to be

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Seems weird since TERFs often forget trans men exist I would assume she'd be in favor of free menstrual products because it'd be a social welfare system that wouldn't benefit trans women.

it's a few pages ago by now but i just need to clear this up: terfs absolutely don't forget trans men exist, they purposely erase trans men so their attacks on trans men can be ignored and disregarded, even by people who do want to be trans allies. they just take advantage of trans women's hypervisibility and redirect the active ire towards trans women in order to do so. for example, they complain about "inclusive language" in reproductive rights, a subject that directly harms trans men and other nonbinary people capable of pregnancy, and target and pin the blame on trans women so that they can justify doing it: those trans women want inclusion even when they're not affected by it, it doesn't make sense to kowtow to them, aren't trans people so illogical and unreasonable? it contributes to the idea that trans men don't face any problems being trans men (which turns into "trans men are just women who want male privilege so if women get better conditions we can decide they don't need to transition/identify as men anymore") and silences any who try to say otherwise. it also benefits them by pitting trans people of different types against each other to disrupt solidarity with in-fighting.

obviously, they don't want people to be aware of this tactic cause then people see through it and call it out, so they play dumb. don't fall for it.

Turpitude II has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Aug 22, 2022

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

There's vomit on his sweater already
Carry-on spaghetti

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Old Man Romano returning from his vacation to the old country, lugging several steamer trunks full of dry spaghetti to hand out to the neighbourhood children on the next Saint's day. The fat envelope in his pocket, filled with the highest quality red sauce money can buy in Palermo, is going straight to Don Rossi

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So now whenever I watch Spalding Grey talking about thinking up an acting mnemonic for "a computer malfunction" and coming up with a mental image of a Macintosh with spaghetti coming out of it, I have to stand and stalk out of the room in protest of his sickening anti-Italian slur

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

DaysBefore posted:

Old Man Romano returning from his vacation to the old country, lugging several steamer trunks full of dry spaghetti to hand out to the neighbourhood children on the next Saint's day. The fat envelope in his pocket, filled with the highest quality red sauce money can buy in Palermo, is going straight to Don Rossi
This proposed remake of The Godfather sounds terrible.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Nevermind bad at phone posting

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wow
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1561659839360778241?t=K67Pkk56T_9YFVyAMdhQ2A&s=19

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ah, the 50s in American. Or as I like to call it, "The Decade When Nothing Bad was Happening".

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I hate this kind whitewashing of history more than anything.

Oh look i found a picture of someone well off enough to pose and look good in a photo. This must be indicative of thier entire race or culture at the time, because all of them are a monolith.

It is that special kind of racism that lets them pine for glory days. Glory for some people, misery for most others.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

For those who don't recognize her, that's famous movie star Dorothy Dandridge, who kept getting cast in roles that didn't match her talent.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Hihohe posted:

I hate this kind whitewashing of history more than anything.

Oh look i found a picture of someone well off enough to pose and look good in a photo. This must be indicative of thier entire race or culture at the time, because all of them are a monolith.

It is that special kind of racism that lets them pine for glory days. Glory for some people, misery for most others.

See also: Iran, Cuba

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Remember the good old days, when poor people legally had to pretend they didn't exist

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Just remember, most history was written by or written for the rich and the royalty. It always seems to be a good time to live in history when you pretty much own people.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

McCracAttack posted:

Ah, the 50s in American. Or as I like to call it, "The Decade When Nothing Bad was Happening".

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1561660427528019970

Wow, thanks for the clarification, George.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Wow, thanks for the clarification, George.

Phew, for a hot minute I though it was racist!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Okay, Dorothy Dandridge was drop dead gorgeous and very talented. This is like saying white women back then all looked like Greta Garbo, so why don't they now?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

This guy needs to stick to drawing grotesque comics of himself molesting various women.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

nine-gear crow posted:

This guy needs to stick to drawing grotesque comics of himself molesting various women.

Hey don't worry I didn't have to go too far to find something in that vein.
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1560770868116078593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

DaysBefore posted:

sexpig by night posted:

they 100% do, unless they mean some nobody soundcloud guy doing a 4chan meme I can't think of any mainstream rap song that involved spaghetti other than that

There's a recent (as in 2017) song by Remy Ma and Fat Joe called Spaghetti, maybe that? Referencing a Big Pun song:

Remy Ma posted:

Flashing fetti and jewels
They slurpring on spaghetti
Up at Vito's with noodles, they slurping on spaghetti
Stash the work in the Buick, they slurping on spaghetti
And a bag of that ooh, they smoking on spaghetti

Fat Joe posted:

Meet me at Vito's with Noodles
We'll do this dude while he's slurpin' spaghetti

This racism is DISGUSTING. :colbert: