Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

the piece of poo poo that was Rogue One

Oh we are gonna have words about this.

Cinemas around here just don't care if you bring anything in. You can even bring in entire shopping bags full of snacks and as long as you don't make too much noise you're in the clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Rogue One is the second best SW movie, after Empire. :colbert:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
It helps that most of them are trash.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Went to a local theater where Something Rotten was being put on. The theater manager came out right before curtain and gave the cell phone spiel followed by "If you have any snacks, please open them now. No, I'm serious, do it now before the performance."

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Railing Kill posted:

Rogue One is the second best SW movie, after Empire. :colbert:

What the gently caress. Rogue One is so boring my ten year old says it doesn’t count as a Star Wars movie

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Now I'll say something positive about The Last Jedi and we'll be off to the races.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Aus cinemas mostly gave up, now they really push fancy popcorn flavours you can't really find in stores. Or if you were unprepared and have to buy Snacks of Shame.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I think there was some sort of legal challenge to the rights of cinemas to restrict outside food here in the UK so now you can just walk in waving bags of snacks at the staff and they just leave you be.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I made it most of the way through a bottle of Jim Beam emptied into a large Coke from the concessions before falling asleep during the piece of poo poo that was Rogue One. My cow-orkers left me there to be shaken awake by cinema staff trying to clean out before the next showing. I've never felt like such an rear end in a top hat before or since.

wow what's it like working for red letter media?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Korremar posted:

I walked into the theatre, there were maybe twenty or so folks there, most of them wearing battle jackets and the like. A group of four dudes were sitting in the chairs right by the door, and immediately hit me with a group "Hail satan." I replied "Hail satan." and one of the dudes responded "gently caress yeah, want a beer?" and opens a cooler full of Natty Boh. It was loving dope.

incredibly blessed.

https://twitter.com/mybigcrack/status/1558624720794304512

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rgch4nhqO91r0uzl6.mp4

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I found this in a Facebook video and couldn't find the source off Facebook.

They made a sander out of a piece of wood, some glue, sandpaper, and a jigsaw

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is this a clear liquor dispenser when you eat the food? That's ingenious.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

“Pink Floyd” posted:

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding shots
How can you have any pudding shots if you don't eat yer meat?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

If that’s the Chinese spirit I think it is, that man may be dead now. poo poo smells like WD-40 and tastes like it too.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Warbird posted:

If that’s the Chinese spirit I think it is, that man may be dead now. poo poo smells like WD-40 and tastes like it too.

It helps it go down smooth

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

What does WD-40 taste like?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I've drunken that specific liquor like 3 times in my life and I don't remember anything about the taste except a strong feeling of "oh my god why did I drink this" each time. Now I'm kind of wondering what was so bad about it

Maybe that's how it gets you

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Xun posted:

I've drunken that specific liquor like 3 times in my life and I don't remember anything about the taste except a strong feeling of "oh my god why did I drink this" each time. Now I'm kind of wondering what was so bad about it

That is exactly how it gets you, you're hanging out with some Chinese guys and one of them's all "Let's have a drink!" but you've been down this road before and remember it was terrible, but not why it was terrible. So they pass the bottle around and you pour yourself a shot thinking "this can't be too bad, my colleagues from China are still upright after a shot". Then you drink it, and all hell breaks loose.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Just cram a bunch of poo poo into your purse and carry it in. The teenager earning minimum wage for telling you which theater to go to could not care less.
One of the weirdest things about american culture is people smuggling snacks into the theater.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Alhazred posted:

One of the weirdest things about american culture is people smuggling snacks into the theater.

Yeah, around here cinemas have "no outside food or drink allowed" signs but you can just openly bring in a shopping bag full of snacks and nobody cares.

Bargearse has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Aug 23, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zipperelli. posted:

What does WD-40 taste like?

Oilier, less-harsh gasoline? That’s my recollection from accidental hand to face transfer from wiping sweat or whatever.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Xun posted:

Baijiu is insanely bad, I once drank foaming purell hand sanitizer because I was bored and it tasted very close to how Baijiu tastes. The spot where I discovered the various Baijius at had some decent cocktails that played to its strong points that weren't terrible though, kinda like how most Gins are awful on their own, but can be delicious in cocktails.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Elviscat posted:

Baijiu is insanely bad, I once drank foaming purell hand sanitizer because I was bored and it tasted very close to how Baijiu tastes. The spot where I discovered the various Baijius at had some decent cocktails that played to its strong points that weren't terrible though, kinda like how most Gins are awful on their own, but can be delicious in cocktails.

Actually one of those 3 times were some Baijiu cocktails and that time it's the memory had the variation of "oh my god they added so much mixer to this and it still tastes like a joke being played on humanity"

I even like gin

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bargearse posted:

Yeah, Thiam around here cinemas have "no outside food or drink allowed" signs but you can just openly bring in a shopping bag full of snacks and nobody cares.

In Norwegian theaters we don't have signs because stopping people from taking legal products with them is kinda insane.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Movie theaters ban outside food and drink because tickets are so cheap that concessions are how they make most of their money unless they're a huge chain like AMC selling out blockbusters constantly. Unless you're being disruptive about it or obviously smuggling in something like bottles of booze, nobody will actually care to stop you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Movie theaters ban outside food and drink because tickets are so cheap

I have no idea if regular movie theatres around here ban snacks because at these prices I'd rather just stay home and order myself some dinner with the ticket money:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I have no idea if regular movie theatres around here ban snacks because at these prices I'd rather just stay home and order myself some dinner with the ticket money:

What are the differences in the 3 tickets?

And goddamn. I know they're 1 to 1 right now, but IMAX matinee here is only like 14 bucks. Regular screen is like 10.

And then 2 drinks and a popcorn is $30.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

What are the differences in the 3 tickets?

And goddamn. I know they're 1 to 1 right now, but IMAX matinee here is only like 14 bucks. Regular screen is like 10.

And then 2 drinks and a popcorn is $30.

Kids and wheelchairs are cheaper.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Movie theaters ban outside food and drink because tickets are so cheap that concessions are how they make most of their money unless they're a huge chain like AMC selling out blockbusters constantly. Unless you're being disruptive about it or obviously smuggling in something like bottles of booze, nobody will actually care to stop you.
Yes, I Knowles that. But that dosent make the ban on outside food less insane.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
As far as movie tickets go, if you go a lot and have a Regal nearby, I've been pretty happy with Regal Unlimited so far. A friend and I go prettymuch every week and it's cut our ticket spending dramatically. Our theater is a $21 a month one, but the plan pays for itself after two showings at the usual $14/ticket. Doesn't work on events like Fathom anniversary showings and there's a small upcharge for IMAX or 3D, but it's pretty solid. It's also got a useful feature with how you can add friends with Unlimited and book your seats together.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Echophonic posted:

As far as movie tickets go, if you go a lot and have a Regal nearby, I've been pretty happy with Regal Unlimited so far. A friend and I go prettymuch every week and it's cut our ticket spending dramatically. Our theater is a $21 a month one, but the plan pays for itself after two showings at the usual $14/ticket. Doesn't work on events like Fathom anniversary showings and there's a small upcharge for IMAX or 3D, but it's pretty solid. It's also got a useful feature with how you can add friends with Unlimited and book your seats together.

I begrudgingly signed up for A List because seeing a movie at AMC here is like $19 on opening weekend, so for $22 a month it's pretty easy to make it worthwhile. And it's got me going to the theater more often and giving things I wouldn't normally watch a chance.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Alhazred posted:

Yes, I Knowles that. But that dosent make the ban on outside food less insane.

I think it's stupid too and have always just snuck in snacks, but at the same time I wouldn't think a pub was stupid if they banned people from bringing their own food and it kind of seems like the same situation.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Echophonic posted:

I've been kicking around regal unlimited because unlike Cinemark's it's good. But I read regal declared bankruptcy the other day so I'm going to wait and see how that pans out

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Next thing you know restaurants will ban people bringing in outside movies.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Teks titys

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

That’s clearly Finnish for ‘subtitties’.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Alhazred posted:

In Norwegian theaters we don't have signs because stopping people from taking legal products with them is kinda insane.

I've only ever seen them enforce the rules in Australian cinemas a few times. Usually things like pushing their luck a bit too far and trying to bring in full takeaway dinners, things like that.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Bargearse posted:

I've only ever seen them enforce the rules in Australian cinemas a few times. Usually things like pushing their luck a bit too far and trying to bring in full takeaway dinners, things like that.

Can't even enjoy a succulent chinese meal these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How well trained are the cinema workers at their judo?