Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Thanks Ants posted:

That's a really tightly packed field for having done 46 laps, was it coming off the back of a pace car session?

I believe it was shortly after a restart, yes.

Watkins Glen is a weird track, not counting the chicane I think it only has two left turns in the configuration NASCAR uses.

Edit: lovely snipe, boo Max, hooray for Spa, etc.

bgreman fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

refleks posted:

love the little flap popping up to try and slow down the car...

Never blow a diffusor from the wrong side

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Race Week. Let's guess how Ferrari is going to gently caress it up from the front of the field this week.

I'm going to say they win the race but don't have enough fuel in the tank so get DQ'd

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Every Ferrari engine fails except the one in Bottas's car

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ready to see lewis get in there after red bull and ferrari are forced to stop cheating

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Are the floor changes this week? I thought it was Zandvoort.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Race Week. Let's guess how Ferrari is going to gently caress it up from the front of the field this week.

I'm going to say they win the race but don't have enough fuel in the tank so get DQ'd

they win free and clear here with perfect strategy and gently caress monza up so bad binotto is disappeared

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Mark my words lads, Big Charlie is going to go full Schumacher and win all of the remaining races to clinch the title. I'm not sure my prostate will be able to handle it.

E: if he doesn't win in Spa just give me the loving ban for this incredibly dumb toxx clause already.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Diorama posted:

If Max and Charles DNF every remaining race and Sir Lewis wins them all, can he clinch the WDC?

If are Lewis wins all next races he will be at 371 points, Max currently has 258. So if Lewis wins them all Max needs to score around 13 points a race to stay ahead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Thinking it's going to be an epic scud win

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Thinking it's going to be an epic scud win

Both world championships, agree

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals
Ferrari 1-2 coming up

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lewis could win this

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Fodder Cannon posted:

Ferrari 1-2 coming up

First 2 DNF's?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

net work error posted:

Lewis could win this

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Zedd posted:

First 2 DNF's?

piss and poo poo

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals
Doing the 1-2 on red bull

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Can't wait for my favorite team Ferrari do well at Monza on the 2022 Italian Grand Prix!!!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

net work error posted:

Lewis could win this

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Lichtenstein posted:

Can't wait for my favorite team Ferrari do well at Monza on the 2022 Italian Grand Prix!!!

monza mia!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I'm excited to see how Ferrari gently caress up their strategy this weekend

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

with mclaren having such a rough time the hilarity of ferrari gently caress ups is all that's keeping me going

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Fodder Cannon posted:

Ferrari 1-2 coming up

What could go wrong?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

with mclaren having such a rough time the hilarity of ferrari gently caress ups is all that's keeping me going

This!

Also I just know that whenever the floor changes come into effect, that some how Red Bull will nail the adjustment and Ferrari will suddenly be slower than Alfa

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Wait, are they still planning on finishing off this season? Huh, bold choice. You'd think they would have realized over the long break that this sport is stupid.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

Let's go Lewis, will be good to see the cheating Red Bulls demoted to the midfield now they can't have their fraudulent floors.
The "cheating floors" are worth something like a tenth, and half the field use them including Ferrari, the only team within a tenth.
I'm very sorry to have to tell you this, but Max is going to win in front of a capacity orange crowd and save Spa as a race in the process. Truly the hero we need.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'll leave it to the reader to decide which is more ethical
- finding and using a clear loophole in the regs.
- snapping your drivers spines in half to make the FIA change the rules so you don't have to redesign your car, because your hacks missed the obvious gains

Bonus points if you're also the team who got to use DAS for a whole season, because it would be "unfair" if your development direction was taken away because you read a loophole that absolutely was not there.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
calm the heck down it's monday

e: tuesday for some itt

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Khablam posted:

- finding and using a clear loophole in the regs.
- snapping your drivers spines in half to make the FIA change the rules so you don't have to redesign your car, because your hacks missed the obvious gains

Bonus points if you're also the team who got to use DAS for a whole season, because it would be "unfair" if your development direction was taken away because you read a loophole that absolutely was not there.

They also quietly admitted their engine is down on power, which, uh, was pretty obvious from race 1.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Khablam posted:

lol F1

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Everyone want some good news relating to F1?

Russia will not be returning to the Calendar.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Custard Undies posted:

Everyone want some good news relating to F1?

Russia will not be returning to the Calendar.

So this means we can keep Spa right.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
They’re going to try to add another race in the US

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pirate Radar posted:

yeah there's still some crypto exchanges that ain't imploded/seized yet, I'm sure they can get a NYC GP outta Adams before the money dries up

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Pirate Radar posted:

its forced diversity gone mad #racergate

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thanks Ants posted:

Let's go Lewis, will be good to see the cheating Red Bulls demoted to the midfield now they can't have their fraudulent floors.

net work error posted:

As the elevation rises on track in Spa so too will the lion Sir Lewis Hamilton

Ive not read the thread over the break but just diving back in ready for the weekend and wanted to highlight this beautiful pair of posts

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I've got 2016 spa on in the background while I work. Max took out seb and forced kimi to pit on turn 1 after Max had a bad start and dive bombed then. Then on lap 12 Kimi passed Max and Max dived into Turn 7 and pushed him off the track again. No penalties. Nothing has changed.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

pre-race reminder that F1 is about entertainment not sports or ethics or w/e bs

Replace Russia gp with Venezuela or North Korea or something

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SocksAndSandals posted:

pre-race reminder that F1 is about entertainment not sports or ethics or w/e bs

Replace Russia gp with Venezuela or North Korea or something

I mean we're getting more races in the USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
would love to see a race in venezuela. imagine pastor giving out the winner's trophy. chills