Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper

the Martin Short Cinematic Universe

e: what a terrible snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor

a man is sitting at the desk in his study. he paid off his mortgage a few years ago and through thrift, hard work, luck and inheritance has enough invested in index funds to finally retire. he suffers a massive heart attack and dies.

he finds himself amidst the clouds. what can only be presumed to be an angel greats him. the angel is mute and resembles an og star trek green alien girl. the man's echo, dismayed and angry, asks the angel "why now? this isn't fair, it was so close to finally being good." the angel smiles from ear to ear, beaming, joyfulness and warmth emanating from every from every detail of her face. she beckons to a couch hewn of golden silk. he sits down and sees his life before him. it has its rough spots and traumas and passing hardships to be sure, but overall it is all comfortable and rewarding to a point that could be considered blessed. most of his life is spent with a loving and tolerant wife and largely free from financial woes. his children grow to be relatively functional adults. his work is neither simple nor overly demanding. his network of friends and acquaintances broad enough that he does not want for companionship or sport, but honed enough so as to not be intrusive. decades upon decades of small accomplishments, smiles and love amassed into a immense baroque structure of shimmering gold. the shade of the man again exclaims "but I finally going to live my life, I was finally going to be happy. this isn't fair." the angel shakes her head and puts her hand to her forehead. she points towards an arch.

the man walks through the arch and is reincarnated as a house plant. the house plant comes to reside in the man's former home, now occupied by the man's son, daughter in law and grandchildren. were a house plant able to see, it would've seen the man's son and his family likewise living lives comfortable and rewarding. for about 2 years until the firesharks arose from the seas and burned everything they didn't eat. the house plant, were it able to apprehend the situation and recall the thoughts and opinions of its former incarnation, would now finally understand that neither having the good nor avoiding the bad were enough to satisfy the man it had been.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the idea of an investigator trying to piece a person's life together using only the thousands of memes the person collected on their phone

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Prurient Squid posted:

Grand Moff Tarkin rings bell.

Well Vader, I made it, DESPITE your directions.

"I am altering the directions" [waves hand]

Well, that didn't help because I'm already here.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
johnny fileseed: a man traveling the country teaching others how to pirate media

----------------

Karate Bastard

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

a skeleton walks into a bar, ordering a beer and a mop

Jestery

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the idea of an investigator trying to piece a person's life together using only the thousands of memes the person collected on their phone

I am scared of this happening to me

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jestery posted:

I am scared of this happening to me

do what i do: throw them off the trail by collecting cool-looking foreign language memes and abstract, non-sensible memes.

[years later, as investigators look through GHF's phone]

"i don't know why we're trying to piece his life together; look at all this poo poo-- it seems like all he did was download memes. trying to piece together the life of somebody when he never loving had one to begin with!"

me, in my grave: *smiles*

----------------

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

a skeleton walks into a bar, ordering a beer and a mop

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Saruman's where the orcs came from speech except:

"Do you know where xxxxx came from? They were artists once."

Karate Bastard

Do you know where Orcs came from?

No?

Cleveland.

Huh.

Prurient Squid

No.

Silloth.

Prurient Squid

OK so most of you come from America and all my life I've understood that it's really big. I mean, do you ever get confused? Like what stops you from getting lost? Or does everyone just stay in their own bit? Also don't the laws change when you go over the lines? I don't know, it just sonds difficult.

Karate Bastard

You don't simply walk into Montana

Prurient Squid

Suddenly I've got a flash back to Johnny Depp as that drug dealer saying "big deal, I moved some plants across an imaginary line".

Did they ever let that dude out of prison?

The Voice of Labor

Prurient Squid posted:

OK so most of you come from America and all my life I've understood that it's really big. I mean, do you ever get confused? Like what stops you from getting lost? Or does everyone just stay in their own bit? Also don't the laws change when you go over the lines? I don't know, it just sonds difficult.

years ago in a gbs american food thread this came up. like, explaining to europeans that america is a bunch of small countries each with its own food and culture and only united by a shared currency, kind of a shared language and racism

Karate Bastard

It's like Europe!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

No?

Cleveland.

Huh.

the cleveland orcs, 0-20 so far this season

----------------

Prurient Squid

And edgy comic book reimagining of the civil rights movement where Martin Luthor King shoots Malcolm X.

Karate Bastard

Silloth marillion!

Suddenly i find myself with a fistful of herring. Huh.

Prurient Squid

Make a Lord of the Rings but set it in that Cleveland thing you keep talking about.

Prurient Squid

Maybe I should write about what I think Cleveland is and then I could research Cleveland and see how much I get right?

Karate Bastard

Yes

Karate Bastard

Can we get someone from Cleveland in here??????

Karate Bastard

No it's not for me to point and laugh

Karate Bastard

This time

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Karate Bastard posted:

I have never been but am also here to answer any and all questions about The Cleve.

Karate Bastard

Karate Bastard posted:

Words never uttered by anybody

WithoutTheFezOn
Oh no

Karate Bastard posted:

Sup?

Prurient Squid

OK,

Well. I dunno it sounds like a nice place. Maybe green and pleasant?

I'm thinking nice pastures perhaps livestock even? It's perhaps the part of the United States that was remained a place of natural beautry or something.
Kind of like what I imagine the amish is? Actually, the law in Cleveland is that technology can't develop beyond that of the horse and plow.

It's like a kind of tradpunk kind of paradise. It's such a popular place that arouses curiosity that they strick quotas as to who can get in every year.
And actually there's a subdermal chip to track people's movements. Quite frankly, it's a police state. But look a kind of solarpunk ultra naturalist police state.

Almost like the worst kind of ideal world.

It's primary export is crackers.

Harold Fjord

Karate Bastard posted:

Yo

Karate Bastard

Haha forreal? This is gonna be great :neckbeard:

Bright Bart

Clevelan's main export is emptyquotes.

Karate Bastard

Is it really called "Cleveman"?

"Clevemen"? Is that what you say?

WithoutTheFezOn
Oh no
No. It is The Land of Cleve.

Karate Bastard

Prurient Squid posted:

OK,

Well. I dunno it sounds like a nice place. Maybe green and pleasant?

I'm thinking nice pastures perhaps livestock even? It's perhaps the part of the United States that was remained a place of natural beautry or something.
Kind of like what I imagine the amish is? Actually, the law in Cleveland is that technology can't develop beyond that of the horse and plow.

It's like a kind of tradpunk kind of paradise. It's such a popular place that arouses curiosity that they strick quotas as to who can get in every year.
And actually there's a subdermal chip to track people's movements. Quite frankly, it's a police state. But look a kind of solarpunk ultra naturalist police state.

Almost like the worst kind of ideal world.

It's primary export is crackers.

I'm emptyquoting this

everywhere

Bright Bart

It was meant to be called Clever-land but they forgot how to spell.

And so here we are.

Karate Bastard

I've heard it's a lot like Baltimore

Harold Fjord

Bright Bart posted:

It was meant to be called Clever-land but they forgot how to spell.

And so here we are.

Literally got changed from Cleaveland due to a newspaper headline that couldn't fit it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

I live in southern Ohio but I went there once because my daughter was at a dance convention and I wandered over to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

It had a couple of cool exhibits but if you're not super hype to see a lot of no doubt priceless artifacts of rock & roll history you eventually end up doing what I did for most of my visit. Namely, wander from room to room while repeatedly thinking to yourself "Oh, huh, another guitar"