Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

I mean why even wait on the chains in the first place, it's not like the fight is hard enough to warrant trying to eke out every second of easy damage possible. Just chain him up and he'll be dead soon anyways
It's the kind of thing that could maybe have had a point when the content was brand new and you couldn't count on speeding through with damage so cutting down on mechanics time by holding the chains for some extra DPS might have seemed worth it, but it's also not 2015 anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sitting on the chains is an old school optimization strat and even though there is zero practical reason to do it now even in the worst groups, people will still do it because it is TECHNICALLY an optimization so people can't help themselves.

Also it leads to people finding out the chains have a timer so I let it slide for the sake of comedy.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im looking forward to when they inevitably redo that tier to not suck rear end (sorry WoD but you are guilty by association with LotA)

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Free dps time just feels nice sometimes, even if the non-free intensity is hella low

That dang dog likes to run around a lot too so I'll take a moment of not having to run after it any time.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Im looking forward to when they inevitably redo that tier to not suck rear end (sorry WoD but you are guilty by association with LotA)

It'll be well after all other story-required duties have been made soloable, but it's kind of funny to think of how they'd rework the Crystal Tower raids to be able to run them with 7 NPCs (or better yet, 23 NPCs just for the spectacle).

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i would probably pay a few bucks a month extra to be able to duty support 24 raids. just wow yeah

even better if they gamemasteranthony everybody they can into it. "Is that the guy driving the cart from the opening cutscene?"

Jabbering Idiot
Jun 5, 2013

Thundarr posted:

I think he rapidly gets stacks of gently caress You in that state and it would take a genuinely heroic level of full raid DPS to get him close enough to death before the chains that you could finish him off during the soft enrage. Couldn't hurt to build a PF to see if you could do it though.

Awesome! posted:

i bet its possible if you stack tons of smns for rezzes. he can only one shot one person at a time.

I'd be down for testing this out. My money's on "No, it's not possible" because his gently caress You stacks have a ton of +Haste I think, which means he's auto-attacking much faster than normal.

He just gets more and more excited. He even wags his tail! He gets soooo excited! What a good boy.

Oddly enough, dogs I've owned don't get less excited with the leash on them, though.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

quote:

The following items can now be equipped regardless of gender:
  • Far Eastern Maiden's Hat
  • Far Eastern Maiden's Tunic
  • Far Eastern Maiden's Armband
  • Far Eastern Maiden's Bottoms
  • Far Eastern Maiden's Boots
  • Eastern Socialite's Hat
  • Eastern Socialite's Cheongsam
  • Eastern Socialite's Gloves
  • Eastern Socialite's Skirt
  • Eastern Socialite's Boots
  • Far Eastern Officer's Hat
  • Far Eastern Officer's Robe
  • Far Eastern Officer's Armband
  • Far Eastern Officer's Bottoms
  • Far Eastern Officer's Boots
  • Mun'gaek Hat
  • Mun'gaek Uibok
  • Mun'gaek Cuffs
  • Mun'gaek Trousers
  • Mun'gaek Boots

Giving the people what they want.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Tamba posted:

Bind the right touchpad as another DPad and you can use DPad skills while moving.

Not a bad idea, I am not a fan of the "symmetrical stick" layout as it were for things like these

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I actually do want hard mode versions of alliance raids just built for 8 people with the same bosses. I think I might hate myself

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Control Volume posted:

Its me, the tank who spins the ahriman boss around like a top to try sniping healers :troll:

Round and round the Mainyu goes, where will he stop? Nobody knows!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thundarr posted:

It'll be well after all other story-required duties have been made soloable, but it's kind of funny to think of how they'd rework the Crystal Tower raids to be able to run them with 7 NPCs (or better yet, 23 NPCs just for the spectacle).

Duty Support CT, but they DPS slow enough you have to actually engage with every boss mechanic.

Also they pull Bone Dragon north.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

RME posted:

You fool, if you keep angry man facing the same way the healers still end up walking into it
I MTed the 4.3 trial the other day in a roulette and the sprout SCH managed to get murdered by the conal tankbuster every single time. It was genuinely impressive, they weren't stacked on top of me usually but somehow right before the cast bar came out they'd be hanging out in its zone.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope every expansion has me dealing with moogles in some capacity. Heavensward has not let me down yet.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

jalapeno_dude posted:

I MTed the 4.3 trial the other day in a roulette and the sprout SCH managed to get murdered by the conal tankbuster every single time. It was genuinely impressive, they weren't stacked on top of me usually but somehow right before the cast bar came out they'd be hanging out in its zone.

like moths worms to a flame

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

OhFunny posted:

Giving the people what they want.

What I actually want is access to the opposite genders' idle poses

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

jalapeno_dude posted:

I ran it once with a black mage who kept wandering over there to Leylines. Of all the times not to have popcorn...

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kalli posted:

I have done WoD probably two dozen times over the last two years.

I do not know how the chains mechanic works. I have always gone into the belly.

I've done it twice and was in C = Chains both times, I do not know how to get in the belly. The chains mechanic is easy enough I figured out how to do it my first time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how to get in belly:

1) pretty soon after the fight starts cerb will cough up a purple orb called gastric juice that pulsates every few seconds. standing in that pulse will give you the mini status.

2) right after he coughs up the orb he will spit out a big purple puddle. if you stand in that without the mini status he eats you and you die. if you got shrunk first though he eats you and you go to the belly.

3) kill stomach walls in the belly

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Dareon posted:

I've done it twice and was in C = Chains both times, I do not know how to get in the belly. The chains mechanic is easy enough I figured out how to do it my first time.

Stand in the goo to shrink down, then stand in the other goo to get eaten. If you do it in the wrong order, you just die instead.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So what's everyone's patch day agenda? I've kinda been tuning out what's coming so I'll default to msq or tataru's bizarre adventure, maybe touch some island soil

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
MSQ first, hitting the dungeon and trial. Then normal raids. Ex trial when people are online, then gather and craft until savage comes out.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

So what's everyone's patch day agenda? I've kinda been tuning out what's coming so I'll default to msq or tataru's bizarre adventure, maybe touch some island soil

Hand in all the prepared collectables to buy the next crafter books, then don't actually craft the stuff and wait for material prices to bottom out first :v:

Island after that, I guess.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Alxprit posted:

Oh, since it's using a third-party launcher, maybe I should wait a day or two after 6.2 comes out to make sure it won't break compatability or what have you? No need to rush in any case, but it's definitely kind of awkward timing.

The launcher itself and its ability to update and start the game are extremely unlikely to be affected by this. Launching and updating happens separately from injecting the plugin loader into the game, and game launch stays pretty stable; the only exception was when they made Steam accounts use Steam authentication, and login for Steam-connecting SE accounts wasn't working for a few days.

Any plugins you may or may not want to use will likely not be working for a day or two, possibly longer depending on how much the game executable changes. This patch the dev team for XIVLauncher are also changing to use .net 6, so some plugins may get left behind in that upgrade as well.

Kuromoku
May 3, 2008

hazardousmouse posted:

Fill up my glamour dresser.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I’ve got a lot of materia to sell so that’s my number one priority

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Imagining watching MSQ cutscenes without my cosmetic mods is putting my teeth on edge so if Dalamud and Penumbra aren’t ready by the end of the day, I’ll probably be hitting the island first.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Running MSQ on ps5 to pop all the trophies that I probably hit the requirements for on PC.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

MSQ (using the adventurer glam we got last patch), Tataru's totally awesome adventure, then Island!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kuromoku posted:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
God yes, I have a bunch of poo poo I had to move to my retainers to make room for other poo poo, like the new swimsuit.

Now I just need 20 more glamour plates

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kuromoku posted:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

hazardousmouse posted:

as an East Coast Lad, I use the time after work but before my westmost friends are around to unlock as much group content as possible (in this case I think that's just P5 and the MSQ dungeon?). once I'm gated on those I dig into solo stuff like the island or tataru quests until my friends are all around then we do the group stuff together.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Filling my dresser to 800/800 and redoing about 10-15 of my glamour plates before I play Warhammer 3.

I think my favorite part of this game is whenever I try a new class in pvp I'm like "oh boy here's a new class I enjoy." Only FL Dancer has really been grating to use and even that has the fun contrarian high skill ceiling appeal. And CC, of course. Been learning Sage recently and that got me into it for pve too.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

gently caress I gotta buy a shitload of prisms for the Great Addening

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Wait, so when is the maintenance in terms of 'hours from now'? I think I got misinformed yesterday and thought it started... well, about ten hours ago.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Macaluso posted:

God yes, I have a bunch of poo poo I had to move to my retainers to make room for other poo poo, like the new swimsuit.

But the new swimsuit goes in the armoire?

As for me, put all the materia I've been sitting on up for sale, get a map and put it up for sale. Do custom deliveries for scrips to buy a couple books and then maybe craft something out of said books (namely looking for new glowing primal weapons). Chuck a few things into the glam dresser that I've acquired in the last week or so. Gather the mats to get a 610 katana made or make it myself, then do the normal raid. After that, probably Dip my toes into island sanctuary just far enough to see what the progression loop is like and then off to msq.

Edit: Oh actually the first thing I am going to do is add 5 more mounts to my mount favorites list.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 23, 2022

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cleretic posted:

Wait, so when is the maintenance in terms of 'hours from now'? I think I got misinformed yesterday and thought it started... well, about ten hours ago.

two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Regalingualius posted:

gently caress I gotta buy a shitload of prisms for the Great Addening

I've been buying a ton because I hope lots of people forget.