Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Dale reminds me of Trevor from this classic article that was a big sensation in its time

https://bostonreview.net/articles/jonathan-m-metzl-dying-whiteness/

Tell me honestly you couldn't imagine those quotes in Dale's voice

I don't think Dale ever said anything explicitly racist or classist, except that the Souphanousinphones were abducting and eating neighborhood dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don't think Dale ever said anything explicitly racist or classist, except that the Souphanousinphones were abducting and eating neighborhood dogs.

The discussion was about fictional show Dale vs the thousands of real Dale Gribbles that exist right now out in America somewhere. That article talks about the actual Dales

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The discussion was about fictional show Dale vs the thousands of real Dale Gribbles that exist right now out in America somewhere. That article talks about the actual Dales

I'm just saying no, I can't imagine that in Dale's voice, it sounds wrong because Dale isn't a loving rear end in a top hat.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm just saying no, I can't imagine that in Dale's voice, it sounds wrong because Dale isn't a loving rear end in a top hat.

Well, he's a certain kind of rear end in a top hat at least, but yeah not that kind

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Dale is a sweet trusting sensitive trusting man ok

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm saying Dale is not an rear end in a top hat but if you set the show in 2022 he definitely is

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Which is pretty loving racist. Do we see him interacting with minorities other than the Souphanousinphones or his gay friend John Redcorn (who is no doubt one of the good ones)?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

2nd Amendment posted:

Which is pretty loving racist. Do we see him interacting with minorities other than the Souphanousinphones or his gay friend John Redcorn (who is no doubt one of the good ones)?

I think the treasurer of his gun club is a black gay man.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Dale loves his son and would die to protect him. Aint no chud dying for anyone other than trump

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Arson Daily posted:

Dale loves his son and would die to protect him. Aint no chud dying for anyone other than trump

His perfect white son whose grandmother was a quarter Jamaican, according to Dale.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

2nd Amendment posted:

When he is meeting an exterminator contact he speaks Tagalog. He regularly hangs out with Octavio and wrote him a respectful termination letter. He seems to get along fine with the gay Black man Earl from the gun club.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When they came up with Dale, they were very concious of the fact that the real life Dales of the world are racists and made sure to avoid that for the character.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

When they came up with Dale, they were very concious of the fact that the real life Dales of the world are racists and made sure to avoid that for the character.

He never once questioned the reality of the Holocaust, which is of course absurd because it was faked by the same people who faked the moon landing.

Joke obviously, even in the 90’s I knew dale as a character was rather neutered because real conspiracy theorists are not pleasant to be around, at best they’re paranoid and racist, at worst they’re in the middle of an acute psychotic episode and will murder you because you’re “one of them”, or they had too much meth that day

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 23, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dale reminds me of Trevor from this classic article that was a big sensation in its time

I could not

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I think Johnny Hardwick occasionally does YouTube videos as Dale. He’s like classic Dale but about today’s conspiracy theories, guaranteed no racism. Watch those until you develop a more positive Daletitude.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 23, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I said I could not

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

I said I could not

That’s dalenetivity if I’ve ever heard it.

I’m sorry I’m enjoying a bottle of Christmas Cheer (southern comfort with a tiny bit of nutmeg and cinnamon grated into it).

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

A MIRACLE posted:

Dale is a sweet trusting sensitive trusting man ok, sug

Ftfy

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"He's your dad. He's your dad, ok? He's your dad."

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

"He's your dad. He's your dad, ok? He's your dad."
It looks just like the one on my Dad's truck.
You mean Dale Gribble's truck?
Yeah, my dad.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

2nd Amendment posted:

Dales dad is gay, he was mad because he thought he was a government agent.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

2nd Amendment posted:

When you come back, your fanfiction where Dale is a horrible person isn't fun. Just wanted to let you know :shobon:

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

I cannot imagine these quotes in Dale's voice. Dale's heart has known the warmth of love and he has capacity for good.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
I feel that the "Dale would have to be some sort of Trump/QAnon Nazi now" position is like saying that in the 1997 series he would have to be planning to bomb a nursery at a Federal building.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol boomhaur is a pig and yall are worried about dale in 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Boomhauer is a dang ol cop man

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What a baffling reveal

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Wow you guys sure got some opinions about cartoons.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

surely they'll ignore the Boomhauer cop thing

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He'd be retired by now anyway.

Or elected county sheriff.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Can we just agree that the characters of KOTH were by and large well meaning people and stop this insane fanfic of talking about how they would all be breaking into the capitol throwing pocket sand at Nancy pelosis desk, or whatever. I thought y’all liked this show

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We're allowed to like things in bad ways

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Dad what do we do if people come into the KOTH thread to post qanon fanfic about dale gribble

We tell them politely but firmly to leave

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

We're allowed to like things in bad ways

the show bible was very clear that we are not.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I've posted this before, but if Peggy was a q anon nut, she would call it "peg-anon".

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I've posted this before, but if Peggy was a q anon nut, she would call it "peg-anon".

The way to do it is Peggy’s musings start to get circulated online and people think she’s talking in code about world events and she ends up inadvertently becoming “Q”

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dacap posted:

The way to do it is Peggy’s musings start to get circulated online and people think she’s talking in code about world events and she ends up inadvertently becoming “Q”

Rightful Queen of Montana

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
peggy becomes Q but only because she posts everything in espannol and her errors cause people to think she's saying things she's not

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dale follows her and tells Hank all about it who tells it to Peggie. I guess the resolution is Peggie comes clean and tells Dale she could never speak Spanish after the skydiving accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT69z_eXElI

I watched this video and was surprised it mostly times where Dale Gribble was not woke AF