Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

HootTheOwl posted:

Computer. Woman. Hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

HootTheOwl posted:

Computer. Woman. Hot.

shut down the forums, nobody's ever topping this post

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

lobster shirt posted:

i do not auto upload photos but this thread is reminding me that i should back up all my photos (to my computer), i would hate to lose all the photos of the first few years of my son's life.

I use OneDrive for a lot of stuff but personal backups for the rest, and I'd rather not use OneDrive for photos for the basic data profiling reasons mentioned. I spent a little time looking at solutions that would be nearly as seamless and have come across NextCloud as a personal self-hosted cloud with automatic backup from Android to your private server: https://blog.leavemealone.app/moving-from-google-photos-to-nextcloud/

I'm going to look at setting that up when I get home and then find some decent photo gallery software that encrypts its library etc, also preferably OSS.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:sickos:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HootTheOwl posted:

Computer. Woman. Hot.

incredibly progressive :hmmyes:

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

HootTheOwl posted:

Computer. Woman. Hot.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

I appreciate you very much.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1561838290998788096?t=Aer4ITz551694j11I4wDvQ&s=19

hell yeah

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Now this is the kind of cyberpunk dystopia we have been waiting for.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

calling it a hologram to make the crime committed against you sound cooler

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

withak posted:

Now this is the kind of cyberpunk dystopia we have been waiting for.

can we replace the entire c-suite with holograms?

imagine working for hatsuni miku

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

looking foward to the day where saying "a deepfake hologram did it" is a valid legal defense

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tokin opposition posted:

*a child staring intently at you appears on monitor for your weekly teams meeting, speaking in a gravely tobacco voice* finally, ive achieved my dreams of entreprenuership as a 5000 year old dragon

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lollontee posted:

*a child staring intently at you appears on monitor for your weekly teams meeting, speaking in a gravely tobacco voice* finally, ive achieved my dreams of entreprenuership as a 5000 year old dragon

Sh...

Shadowrun? Is that you?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

babypolis posted:

looking foward to the day where saying "a deepfake hologram did it" is a valid legal defense

and once again people can claim they were replaced by a changeling. everything old is new again

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Rutibex posted:

and once again people can claim they were replaced by a changeling. everything old is new again

it was totally daemonic possession, not my fault at all

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Farm Frenzy posted:

calling it a hologram to make the crime committed against you sound cooler

hell I’d do the same

Catboy Slim
Aug 23, 2022

by Hand Knit

silentsnack posted:

it was totally daemonic possession, not my fault at all

the Tesla Defense

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sh...

Shadowrun? Is that you?

it was dunkelzahn all along

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/__femb0t/status/1561801074964680705

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1561875640122499072

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

tokin opposition posted:

"Hatsune Miku, also called Miku Hatsune, and officially code-named CV01, is a Vocaloid software voicebank developed by Crypton Future Media and its official moe anthropomorphism, a 16-year-old girl with long, turquoise twintails."

what

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

other people posted:

"Hatsune Miku, also called Miku Hatsune, and officially code-named CV01, is a Vocaloid software voicebank developed by Crypton Future Media and its official moe anthropomorphism, a 16-year-old girl with long, turquoise twintails."

what

congrats on getting out of that 30 year coma op. let me explain "smartphones" to you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

other people posted:

what

its a cartoon face over an autotuned text to speech bot

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

tokin opposition posted:

congrats on getting out of that 30 year coma op. let me explain "smartphones" to you

lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

other people posted:

what
This is not an adult swim infomercial. It is real.
https://youtu.be/yPuI4l0jK7s

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lastgirl noooo

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

other people posted:

what
tell me you never read Idoru without saying it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the next wolf of wall street will have a board meeting scene that's all vtubers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capitol records signed a virtual ai rapper that was created by 2 white guys who raps with the nword and cites fabricated events of police brutality he "lived" through in his ai generated song lyrics. He also makes frequent stereotype references like how hockey is not popular with black people. Following backlash the contract was terminated

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Capitol records signed a virtual ai rapper that was created by 2 white guys who raps with the nword and cites fabricated events of police brutality he "lived" through in his ai generated song lyrics. He also makes frequent stereotype references like how hockey is not popular with black people. Following backlash the contract was terminated

It's truly astonishing, the speed at which digital blackface technology is progressing.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''ai'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

poppin in to say lol at the thread title anyway toodles

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

lmao

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sh...

Shadowrun? Is that you?

Always was, omae.

Ubiquitous drones, stupid sec forces everywhere, some years back thailand disqualified guys for operating iron bands over their shin, effectively creating bone lacing!