Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

they still do dumb dumb things in crowded sea lanes. I read the flag reports and get to watch presentations on it.

it got better with ISM codes but then everybody got complacent again. I mean it’s still better than pre ISM but it’s becoming a problem for the clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

https://files.catbox.moe/69sxuh.mp4

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I'm almost expecting the US to just nuke itself in the event of ww3 after reading this

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rutibex posted:

I wonder what's the fuel efficiency on those tiny James bond helicopters. could I use it for grocery shopping

yes but u have to be very careful not to hit the shelves with ur propellers

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

naming something/someone after John McCain guarantees a crash in 100% of cases

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ConflictsW/status/1561408446422999047

tankie road rage!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
wait are you allowed to smash tanks in the biathlon

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

iirc it would result in a penalty for the offender

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
lmao if Trump leaking nuclear secrets ends up giving another country a material advantage and they just gloat about where the information came from.

I wonder if there's missile defense poo poo in dragon horde under the pool house?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

skooma512 posted:

lmao if Trump leaking nuclear secrets ends up giving another country a material advantage and they just gloat about where the information came from.

I wonder if there's missile defense poo poo in dragon horde under the pool house?

trump keeps the nanci pelosi pic on him at all times

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

that owns so hard

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

how the gently caress are tank olympics not a thing in america? we're a nation with more tanks than our military wants or needs and the world's largest audience for redneck tv

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
because the abrams is the most boring tank ever built

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because the abrams is the most boring tank ever built

I don’t know about boring itself, it just would be a little awkward to watch repair crews have to go back and forth fixing turbines.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I dunno I see an abrams and my internal reaction is

it just looks like a bad low poly tank from a very early 90s video game

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mantis42 posted:

how the gently caress are tank olympics not a thing in america? we're a nation with more tanks than our military wants or needs and the world's largest audience for redneck tv

They were in West Germany, I think there still is a US competition between armoured units of some sort.

e: We had Iron Man, Patrol Competition, FOO Competition, Gun Det Competition, Marksmanship and Top Medic annually.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
how does Top Medic work

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i bet its rough volunteering to run the top medic competition

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

an ac130 attacks your field hospital, everyone who survives gains the title of top medic

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

how does Top Medic work

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_STT2JO5MwE

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

how does Top Medic work

Ukrainian Top Medic is about how best to cover up your tattoos in a Russian POW camp

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

KomradeX posted:

Ukrainian Top Medic is about how best to cover up your tattoos in a Russian POW camp

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

how does Top Medic work

(bells)

The United States Advanced Field Medic school is where hand picked army field medics and navy corpsman learn new ways to say “drink water” and “actually I’m totally the equivalent of a real medical professional” while failing to diagnose something obvious like a broken arm or something.

To its students and instructors, it is known simply as

Top Medic

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I had to have my hand bones rebroken because the medics put on a split for the other hand and it started to set wrong. Field Amb is basically equivalent to a major hospital Emergency Dept, if not better (because they are Tactical). 🎗

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Aug 23, 2022

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

a friend of mine was medically retired from the usmc after 1 year cause when he presented with a fairly obvious case of broken wrist, all the corpsmen kept true to their mission and just called him a pussy who might not have drank enough water. my friend at the time was moto enough to just go along with it. so after a year his wrist got all hosed up and they had no choice but to send him to an actual doctor who immediately realized that this guy’s arm would be hosed for life.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

because this will happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFvqDaFpXeM&t=128s

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ConflictsW/status/1562138242207604737

thread with the best moments of tank biathlon 2022

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ASPI_org/status/1561964621564870657
https://twitter.com/Dr_M_Davis/status/1562016649053556737

quote:

Senior Analyst - Australian Strategic Policy Institute - focus on Defence Strategy and Capability issues including Space Policy and Space Security

Danann has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Aug 24, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Best Friends posted:

this guy’s arm would be hosed for life.

good. heartwarming story

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

alright which one of you freaks neglected to tell me tank racing is a thing

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Buck Wildman posted:

alright which one of you freaks neglected to tell me tank racing is a thing

imagine the ratings if they made a game show where randoms would go to that big parking lot in california full of unused abrams and do tank feats

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/848982344111280130

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I hope we buy them and give them to China as a mea culpa

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's not even an aircraft that exists yet

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

it can fly along with the submarines that won't exist for decades

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

gradenko_2000 posted:

Then the best time to sell it is now, before info starts leaking out all the problems and crashes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m fairly certain I could drive a tank as good as an average soldier after about 3 hours of practice

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
but could you fit in one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Danann posted:

it can fly along with the submarines that won't exist for decades

flying submarines?? now this i gotta see