Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hmm looks like the reality is bicyclists shouldnt be in the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/NASAExoplanets/status/1561442514078314496

#wow #whoa

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
sounds like spooky ghosts imo

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

rotor posted:

sounds like spooky ghosts imo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/status/1552357225628422150

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

One of the biggest rivalries in modern sports

https://twitter.com/legit_scumbag/status/1561556851614879745?s=20&t=Wiw4Zp5fOYHuD-2MEKyqPA

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

as someone who has been to bunbury several times and whose bank is a subsidiary of CBA i can confirm this is 1000% real

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

imagine admitting youd ever been to bunbury

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

just a massive unforced error

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

we never went there specifically, like just stopped there once or twice on the way down south. usually bypassed it altogether when they built the mandurah bypass.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

but yeah, trap sprung a shameful admittance

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i literally dont even know where or what bunbury is but the important thing is that for a brief moment, i made someone feel bad.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i literally dont even know where or what bunbury is but the important thing is that for a brief moment, i made someone feel bad.
someone other than yourself, you mean

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

FMguru posted:

someone other than yourself, you mean

yes, of course, goes without saying

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im a bunbury man, iykwim

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yospos mascot

https://twitter.com/spark898/status/1561909641608577025?s=21&t=w-DsbdXNBPIu7hPatle9aw

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

what is that creature doing to his eyenus

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

in reality rhe cyclists are fatter too!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
it bugs me that they used one of the most ridiculously chonky cars on the road for the modern comparison, probably because if they used a modern polo to compare with the old one it wouldn't look that much different

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://twitter.com/marzipanlord/status/1561911568639541248?s=21&t=AX-cZhOcA2r3mQFfbXrzuw

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

DesperateDan posted:

it bugs me that they used one of the most ridiculously chonky cars on the road for the modern comparison, probably because if they used a modern polo to compare with the old one it wouldn't look that much different

i also don’t think a vw golf was a “typical family car” of 1980 in the us. whole lotta station wagons and other pretty wide cars from back then

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

rjmccall posted:

i also don’t think a vw golf was a “typical family car” of 1980 in the us. whole lotta station wagons and other pretty wide cars from back then

my parents had a Jetta, to support their ailing Bug

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

you my brown eye girl

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

i'm going to ignore the anal eye and just wonder what the anal ear is that they're talking about

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

EricBauman posted:

i'm going to ignore the anal eye and just wonder what the anal ear is that they're talking about

it’s so i can hear your posts better, my dear

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

ambushed by the goatseer

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

i imagine the last frames as kermit turning in to the camera and doing the scrunched face

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
imo that graphic is fine. it is using maybe an extreme example but the trend is bang on. basically every single car model has increased in width over the past forty years

you get a couple of these on the road at the same time and that three foot space you’re supposed to give cyclists ata minimum just evaporates

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mediaphage posted:

imo that graphic is fine. it is using maybe an extreme example but the trend is bang on. basically every single car model has increased in width over the past forty years

you get a couple of these on the road at the same time and that three foot space you’re supposed to give cyclists ata minimum just evaporates

its almost like the roads arent built for bicycles and they shouldnt be shoe-horned in where they dont belong

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

https://twitter.com/SkyCladDrifter/status/1561763841536557056?t=Mcb4DCqpYCJ1b2PkHF1K0g&s=19

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Shaggar posted:

its almost like the roads arent built for bicycles and they shouldnt be shoe-horned in where they dont belong

lol

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Shaggar posted:

In old European cities most streets weren't originally built for cars either, and it shows, and the gradual widening of cars is absolutely a problem

for instance the first version of the Renault Clio was pretty small, barely larger than a Twingo (one of the smallest city cars other than smart cars). Modern versions have become a lot bigger and are absolutely not anymore what you'd call a small city car.

Same thing happened with other similar cars, like the Volkswagen polo. Nowadays small city cars of that size are becoming extinct, there's pretty much only the Toyota Aygo remaining in that segment.

Now you see huge SUVs and other large cars everywhere, except the streets arent getting wider so it's becoming more and more cramped. It's probably not as noticeable in the us because you have been driving huge cars forever and have lots of space

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Zlodo posted:

In old European cities most streets weren't originally built for cars either, and it shows, and the gradual widening of cars is absolutely a problem

for instance the first version of the Renault Clio was pretty small, barely larger than a Twingo (one of the smallest city cars other than smart cars). Modern versions have become a lot bigger and are absolutely not anymore what you'd call a small city car.

Same thing happened with other similar cars, like the Volkswagen polo. Nowadays small city cars of that size are becoming extinct, there's pretty much only the Toyota Aygo remaining in that segment.

Now you see huge SUVs and other large cars everywhere, except the streets arent getting wider so it's becoming more and more cramped. It's probably not as noticeable in the us because you have been driving huge cars forever and have lots of space

Japan has the same issue, which is why the Kei platforms are a thing, with a lot of older towns still having very slim roads.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Zlodo posted:

I'm looking for a compact car, it cant be Twingo (that's European for small) or any city size. It has to be of 2 or more Aygo (that's European for 2 seats) and has be be Clio (small) sized. And has to be really Polo (cute).

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

lament.cfg posted:

I'm looking for a compact car, it cant be Twingo (that's European for small) or any city size. It has to be of 2 or more Aygo (that's European for 2 seats) and has be be Clio (small) sized. And has to be really Polo (cute).

We got an EUaboo here

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ouiaboo

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1561772884464377863?t=1lLpJUZ7hs-jnjxp55FkMQ&s=19

:captainpop: