Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i will alqays have softness in my heart for gargs because the diy tag matches were the best stuff under the wwe umbrella ever but the later ciampa feud stuff like the final beat and the weird indi hartwell and theory are his kids stuff was silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lurks With Wolves posted:

We joke about Tony Khan wanting to collect all of his favorite PWG guys, but AEW doesn't really need more upper midcard indie guys who can put butts in seats. At some point you have to admit that your roster's big enough to fill the number of shows you're putting on.

That's not really how Khan builds his roster though. If he thinks someone will make his roster better and increase his business, he doesn't care how big his roster already is, he's gonna try to go get him.

I just think he didn't think Gargano would make his roster better.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He wouldn’t.

They can teach some other generic looking dude to look at his hands and act surprised for way less than it would cost to get a Gargano.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
lol just lol at the always badd-ing of Johnny Gargano ITT.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

are you new here

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Hey you can feel free to pull my receipts if you want I've been saying the same things for four years.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

100 out of 100 polled american taxpayers say johnny gargano is "neat"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t think I’ve ever posted about Gargano before outside of maybe the odd joke about his shocking hands.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kosmo Gallion posted:

engage.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I always thought the overwrought gargano/ciampa feud was more of a shawn Michaels product

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Johnny Gargantuo would be a cooler name. Have him wrestle on stilts so he looked 11ft tall

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

hes just a little guy. just a lil pal in his iron man shirt

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

Yeah, I heard when he became a free agent that Tony Khan just wasn't as interested as people might think he would be. I'm a little surprised - I thought Gargano's ability to move tickets on those takeovers would intrigue Khan, I guess he credited Adam Cole more for that stuff.

Tony just has good taste in wrestlers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like the most value Gargano would have to AEW is as one half of DIY and it didn't seem like Ciampa would be available any time soon so

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

hes just a little guy. just a lil pal in his iron man shirt

you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i have never been much of a gargano guy, pre-nxt or otherwise

sometimes people just don't click with certain wrestlers

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Apparently Finn got new music
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1561878014660591619

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I can't have audio at the moment is the new song stupid. Also lol is that ziggler in the thumbnail thats rough buddy.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Johnny Gargantuo would be a cooler name. Have him wrestle on stilts so he looked 11ft tall

I think if Vince was still around, he'd call him Johnny Gargamel.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sounds bad

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The Two Winged Angel

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That time The Shield tapped into Best Friend energy

https://twitter.com/speareigns/status/1561495096440152065

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just went to the zoo, it's a llama mask.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was an alpaca.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Cavauro posted:

it was an alpaca.

ever pet a llama/alpaca? so weird. real hard skin under that fur.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wwe theme songs have gotten so bad. It’s the most farty over produced thing. Just give me a sick guitar riff or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
HHH not immediately paying someone to do a lawyer-safe knock-off of Real Rock'n'Rolla is his second greatest failure as a booker and not just turning Finn into the Real Rock'n'Rolla and immediately pushing him to the top of the company is his greatest failure as a booker.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shard posted:

That time The Shield tapped into Best Friend energy

https://twitter.com/speareigns/status/1561495096440152065

Seth's reaction going from 'okay good I'm not going crazy Roman's on my side' to 'oh no my friends are dumb' is art.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The Shield and New Day and Wyatt Family segments are going to age/have already aged incredibly well out of what were largely awful eras of WWE and it's almost like well-done stables are an integral part of wrestling or something

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WWE has never had as good of a series of matches for as long as The Shield run was culminating with the Wyatt Family match and the matches against Evolution.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Orange Carlisle posted:

you may not like it, but this is what peak performance center looks like

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I dont know if he was ever bad but good god the talk around him was often.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

congrats to jommy gargano

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

I feel like the most value Gargano would have to AEW is as one half of DIY and it didn't seem like Ciampa would be available any time soon so

keep that chud away from AEW please and thankyew

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

the escape goat posted:

keep that chud away from AEW please and thankyew

AEW already has Jericho

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Gargano in NXT is one of the best examples of how great Tag Team Wrestling can be. I did not give a solitary poo poo about Gargano by himself but that 2 out of 3 falls match with Revival was incredible and the like first half of the Ciampa Gargano feud is one of hte best in wrestling before it got overblown and lovely.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

AEW already has Jericho

They’re allowed one

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Finn's new song is literally just his old song with different note progression. It's not bad at all. Y'all are so weird and hateful.

The Judgement Day is a bad name though. They should lose the article.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chudas in my Mind???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe but the bigass tv wall is hideous. Just pay for a real set you fuckin dweebs.