Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

like the majority of people use it for reasons other than to replace drinking, but socially, its at the same level as drinking. You can talk about it casually, don't be weird about it, probably don't wanna chat with your manager about it :shrug:

That's going be highly dependent on age and location. No doubt it's true of some people in some places but not among most oldsters in conservative places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I tell you what I'm seeing some cool fuckin colours from this Sensi Star I tell you whutttttt

:okpos:

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I tell you what I'm seeing some cool fuckin colours from this Sensi Star I tell you whutttttt

:okpos:

Death Bubba just puts me to sleep lol. Sensi Star is a good grow of it, better than cannatreks version

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Ayyo I just wanted to follow up about the poo poo I yammered a month ago. Apparently, Missouri is going to have recreational marijuana legalization on the ballot in November. So I just wanted to reach out to all you news cuties and news-cutie adjacents in Missouri and remind you to vote for this. It's good, okay?

Thanks.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Vote not just for yourselves people of Missouri, but also for us people who live in NE Kansas and would love to be able to drive an hr to pick up weed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I wish vaping weed tasted nearly as good as smoking it. You get so few of the flavors coming through when you vape, instead it's just a generic toasty pine, like hash taste, and nothing more.

Hell this weed I got rn, when smoked, is like sweet piney and petrichor, sometimes a mild grape coming through, super good flavors. Vaped, it could be any weed I wouldn't know it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I wish I could taste flavors in smoke instead of just a few seconds of rear end followed by a coughing fit

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
My taste buds must be hosed up because I have never smoked weed and thought it "tasted" like anything but weed. Every bud at the dispensary has this name like "Cherry Chunky Monkey Banana Gonuts" and they describe all the flavors and no, no it loving doesn't taste like anything at all. Liars.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My white whale is Strawberry Cough. Please tell me it's everything people say it is. The dispensary near me doesn't get any specialty strains.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Waffle! posted:

My white whale is Strawberry Cough. Please tell me it's everything people say it is. The dispensary near me doesn't get any specialty strains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjRNcxZfP38

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i had it a few times, once it did smell pretty strawberry-esque but other times it was just weed. I wouldn't be surprised if some unscrupulous places scent their weed

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Waffle! posted:

I've had it and it's very mild fruity aftertaste. my white whale is the Blueberry I had in the 00's that was like fruit stripe gum flavor, so good.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

My taste buds must be hosed up because I have never smoked weed and thought it "tasted" like anything but weed. Every bud at the dispensary has this name like "Cherry Chunky Monkey Banana Gonuts" and they describe all the flavors and no, no it loving doesn't taste like anything at all. Liars.

weed smoked definitely has very complex and noticeable flavors. you ever watch videos of people pheno-hunting? They'll smoke like 6 variants of one strain back to back and rattle off all these flavor types they're getting and decide on best fit for the furtherance of the seed line. It's there, the flavors are very real, but when vaped you miss a ton of it.

I guess Live Rosin is an attempt to retain a lot of that flavor that's locked in the veg, but it's still not like smoking it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've had it and it's very mild fruity aftertaste. my white whale is the Blueberry I had in the 00's that was like fruit stripe gum flavor, so good.

my white whale is some OG Great White Shark from 2004, it was completely white and dropped trichomes everywhere and got you so loving high and tasted really good. If there's a dragon to chase with weed, that's mine.

sometimes I miss the days of sketchy weed deals in high school/immediately post, but not a whole lot!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Waffle! posted:

I dig it. I had some real good, quite tasty strawberry cough shake that was nice to vape in the arizer, and at some point I got some sauce that was like, labeled super terpy fruity whatever, and it was like dabbing straight strawberries lol

it was nice to add into other stuff to make the flavor nicer!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

weed smoked definitely has very complex and noticeable flavors. you ever watch videos of people pheno-hunting? They'll smoke like 6 variants of one strain back to back and rattle off all these flavor types they're getting and decide on best fit for the furtherance of the seed line. It's there, the flavors are very real, but when vaped you miss a ton of it.

I guess Live Rosin is an attempt to retain a lot of that flavor that's locked in the veg, but it's still not like smoking it.

you taste it more smoking than vaping? really?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
You can notice it pretty easy if you run a vapcap load to bust, and it ashes out. The pine and fuel flavor comes out really strong in what I usually buy.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LifeSunDeath posted:

I wish vaping weed tasted nearly as good as smoking it. You get so few of the flavors coming through when you vape, instead it's just a generic toasty pine, like hash taste, and nothing more.

Hell this weed I got rn, when smoked, is like sweet piney and petrichor, sometimes a mild grape coming through, super good flavors. Vaped, it could be any weed I wouldn't know it.

Except for a bong (though even that's been years), I've had exactly the opposite experience vaping weed vs smoking it. With a joint or a bowl, I can get some flavor on the first hit, but it's generally just carbon after that.

I definitely get the toasty taste with a dry herb vaporizer eventually, but flavors are generally stronger and last longer over a bowl with a vape IME.

EDIT: As a general rule, flavor comes out more at lower temperatures, so maybe it would be different if I used a hemp wick to light vs a larger flame.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 23, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have two white whales: Golden Eagle (had it once, never saw it again. Most unique flavor/smell I've ever had) and Headband my old, now-jailed dealer used to grow. It was like dispensary Headband I've had, but 100x stronger and legit made me feel like I had a headband on

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Except for a bong (though even that's been years), I've had exactly the opposite experience vaping weed vs smoking it. With a joint or a bowl, I can get some flavor on the first hit, but it's generally just carbon after that.

I definitely get the toasty taste with a dry herb vaporizer eventually, but flavors are generally stronger and last longer over a bowl with a vape IME.

EDIT: As a general rule, flavor comes out more at lower temperatures, so maybe it would be different if I used a hemp wick to light vs a larger flame.

I smoke mostly out of a chillum or a small pipe. Weed has clear flavor when you smoke it, generally on the back end but some gas up front. also sometimes blow the smoke out my nose for more noticeable flavors. Vaping flower is just consistently that hashy taste to me.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Fellow goon and Dynavap enthusiast PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE told me about the Simrell FMJ (Full Metal Jacket), which is a copper band that goes around your Dynavap and has a single point you heat. It's also supposed to keep it warmer longer and yadda yadda yadda. Here's a link it's available for the same $10 at a bunch of other retailers that have much better shipping options / stock. I'll post a review once I get mine hopefully this weekend

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

Fellow goon and Dynavap enthusiast PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE told me about the Simrell FMJ (Full Metal Jacket), which is a copper band that goes around your Dynavap and has a single point you heat. It's also supposed to keep it warmer longer and yadda yadda yadda. Here's a link it's available for the same $10 at a bunch of other retailers that have much better shipping options / stock. I'll post a review once I get mine hopefully this weekend

this dude I watch on yt got one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohSD33CzHk

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I got one it works, nothing to complain about

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I’ve been curious about those, do they do.. anything for use with an induction heater? I don’t really use torches anymore, but would totally pick one of these up before a camping trip or something probably.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Crimson Harvest posted:

I got one it works, nothing to complain about

Sweet, at $10 that makes it A High Quality Weed Accessory Purchase, thanks Crimson

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

This is a couple seconds past the click, one pull

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Is that burnt?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
If it's not I don't think extraction gets more complete than that

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Nope no burning
e im pretty sure this tip has the half bowl spacer in

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's exactly what my dynavap looked like every time I used it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Jestery posted:

If it's not I don't think extraction gets more complete than that

That's almost an advertisement. We'll see--just ordered a FMJ from Simrell and, while I was at it, a Ti tip and a low temp captive cap from Dynavap. The FMJ is backordered, but they say it should ship by end of week, so everything should arrive at about the same time.

Very excited.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

My FMJ is has been travelling all around the world to arrive at my door step today or tomorrow

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Let me introduce you to my friend:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

:pressf:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

:pressf:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

also I think I'm high I'm getting 9/11 vibes from this joint

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's exactly what my dynavap looked like every time I used it.

same, it looks like that after you vape it, that's normal

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I have a Dynavap, I just don't think it ever got that black unless I'd charred something. Something to aim for I guess, and means there's maybe even more efficiency to pull out of this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I just let it go till it's a milk chocolate brown

I make edibles from the avb, so it's not like it's going to waste