Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the democrats

https://twitter.com/wabrandsma/stat...ingawful.com%2F

are going

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1561...ingawful.com%2F

to be destroyed

https://twitter.com/MrWalterShapiro...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

"lofty expectations," such as doing literally anything.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lmao

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
love to see the transition from "Biden is the new FDR" to "if you ask biden for any material improvement in your life, you're practically voting for the death of democracy"

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Let me guess, internal numbers for the midterm have started to sour?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

love to see the transition from "Biden is the new FDR" to "if you ask biden for any material improvement in your life, you're practically voting for the death of democracy"

I'm voting for the death of democracy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The democrats are going to lose even harder because they are going to count on being saved by the uniquely lovely candidates that the republicans are fielding in Pennsylvania and Georgia and just assume that they don't need to do anything to hold the Senate.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

StratGoatCom posted:

Actually they're fine. Everything is fine. Obama's numbers were the same, worse even. Biden has had the most productive summer of any president ever.

But if he loses, it's because of you little shits expecting him to get anything done when Manchin and Synema were hammering his balls like a speedbag and Mitch was blocking him from passing a single bill.
While it's true he lacks any redeeming qualities of any fondly remembered president with a legacy, have you considered joe means well and is doing his best?

That's pretty much the entire article, just padded with a few more whiplash inducing flip-flops between 'things are good' and 'things are bleak'

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Thoguh posted:

The democrats are going to lose even harder because they are going to count on being saved by the uniquely lovely candidates that the republicans are fielding in Pennsylvania and Georgia and just assume that they don't need to do anything to hold the Senate.

senate races are rarely competitive though. it’s a lot easier to predict the Lords than the Commons

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

StratGoatCom posted:

Turns out if you do absolutely nothing to address Roe vs Wade being overturned then you'll end up losing the enthusiasm that got kicked up by the ruling.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Turns out if you do absolutely nothing to address Roe vs Wade being overturned then you'll end up losing the enthusiasm that got kicked up by the ruling.

They haven't done nothing, not only did they fundraise record amounts of money but they had fundraising emails ready to go within minutes of the decision. I can only conclude that you love misinformation.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Excuse me but this administration has been extremely active on a molecular level since - and even before - the Roe ruling.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Srice posted:

They haven't done nothing, not only did they fundraise record amounts of money but they had fundraising emails ready to go within minutes of the decision. I can only conclude that you love misinformation.

The week after Roe got struck down we had an all hands meeting where the execs (of the company that IS the fundraising arm of the Democrat party) celebrated that our number went up because of the record amount of donations and processing fees they carried with them

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

My ideal is dems lose house, but Republicans both by not running on anything and choosing guaranteed losers like Oz lose a seat in the Senate. And Trump then goes all in against Cocaine Mitch.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

"Can he do any FDR stuff other than probably dying in office?"
"Oh like graze rainbow-farting unicorns on the south lawn? Grow up!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm just wondering where those rascally leftists got the idea that fdr and biden should be directly compared at all, its a weird pull.

Probably from Jeremy Corbyn.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I was told that Biden didn't need the left. Surely he can get some centrists and republicans to vote for his party?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

Excuse me but this administration has been extremely active on a molecular level since - and even before - the Roe ruling.

https://i.imgur.com/Lo1dLQd.mp4

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

maybe i’m an odd one in this thread but while watching the dems eat it will be hilarious it’s still depressing because of how much faster things get worse lol

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

mediaphage posted:

maybe i’m an odd one in this thread but while watching the dems eat it will be hilarious it’s still depressing because of how much faster things get worse lol

ive ascended beyond being depressed about it

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

accept death and the end of the cycle. this is how all things must go

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

mediaphage posted:

I'm more worried about goons continuing to be wrong about everything.

If the democrats aren't completely smashed beyond hope, the cycle of normalizing ghoulish suffering will continue a few more times, and the gop will run further to the right to distinguish themselves with the dems chasing the whole way

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

THS2 posted:

ive ascended beyond being depressed about it

tbh i lol a little at it but i still get a bit down to see gop senate candidates calling for the outright murder of all queer folks lol

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm more worried about goons continuing to be wrong about everything.

If the democrats aren't completely smashed beyond hope, the cycle of normalizing ghoulish suffering will continue a few more times, and the gop will run further to the right to distinguish themselves with the dems chasing the whole way

look i get it i just don't know that seeing the dems destroyed in any way guarantees something besides a fully cemented right-wing power grab. like, i hear you all rushing to post now but we all know it will get worse lol.

anyway i'm not saying i want to see them successful, just all options and outcomes are likely to be bad for a while!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lib and let die posted:

The Biden administration is a vibrant microbiome for bacteria and an excellent home for mites

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

things will get worse regardless of which rightwing party is in charge

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

if they run Liz Cheney I'm going to actually vote for Trump

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yellowcar posted:

things will get worse regardless of which rightwing party is in charge

like this is pithy and not wrong but they’ll get worse faster under two houses of the gop and a trump or desantis presidency and don’t pretend like they won’t. there’s no guarantee anything would rise up to replace the dems in our life either

this isn’t enough to make me vote for them since they’re making their own bed and they can lie in it but it doesn’t mean i can’t feel bad sometimes about how much worse and quickly things will get

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

but at least the khive tears will be delicious

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crowsbeak posted:

My ideal is dems lose house, but Republicans both by not running on anything and choosing guaranteed losers like Oz lose a seat in the Senate. And Trump then goes all in against Cocaine Mitch.
the map is favorable as gently caress for D this cycle even before taking into account lmao Oz, you might just get your wish

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*libbishly, seething* we don't NEED ur fukkin votes, u goddamn unicorn-wanting commie... but if u DONT vote for Democrats ur singlehandedly responsible for FASCISM!!!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the map is favorable as gently caress for D this cycle even before taking into account lmao Oz, you might just get your wish

this would be hilarious. anything that attacks that fucker is great. i used to complain to mcconnells office about poo poo and i would just get the smarmiest loving letters in response

ex post facho posted:

*libbishly, seething* we don't NEED ur fukkin votes, u goddamn unicorn-wanting commie... but if u DONT vote for Democrats ur singlehandedly responsible for FASCISM!!!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

mediaphage posted:

this would be hilarious. anything that attacks that fucker is great. i used to complain to mcconnells office about poo poo and i would just get the smarmiest loving letters in response

The issue with McConnell is he’s evil but half way competent. We need the half way competent evil replaced with their shallow successors.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

The issue with McConnell is he’s evil but half way competent. We need the half way competent evil replaced with their shallow successors.

i know. i’d argue he’s very competent. he’s got some trumpy challengers that are growing in number but he’s safe for another four years

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is no good outcome, so you might as well try to find humor in it.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

mediaphage posted:

i know. i’d argue he’s very competent. he’s got some trumpy challengers that are growing in number but he’s safe for another four years

If I can see him lose his leadership position due to Trump blaming him for less then great performance in 2022, I’ll be happy. Those who wait are much less effective.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

If I can see him lose his leadership position due to Trump blaming him for less then great performance in 2022, I’ll be happy. Those who wait are much less effective.

true although i bet he’d just be a puppet master

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mediaphage posted:

Is he? Or is he just surrounded by such high levels of dem incompetence that he seems Machiavellian by comparison?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots posted:

Is he? Or is he just surrounded by such high levels of dem incompetence that he seems Machiavellian by comparison?

I see it as the latter. A man with one eye in the kingdom of the blind is the king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there is no good outcome, so you might as well try to find humor in it.