Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

AngryBooch posted:

Legendary tribal may be a real deck?

https://twitter.com/CubeApril/status/1561965283576872960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

"Heros never die! They get exiled and feed their master!"

these value monsters are hard to judge, you maybe want this in the fast angel deck? I def want this in my Tariel

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Sideboard in against people playing "three damage to all creatures" spells

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bird. posted:

am i reading the tea leaves correctly, is yavimaya steelcrusher the best limited common?

grape ape seems outta control

why the hell would you think that

remember, you can only tap creatures without summoning sickness for enlist. it's never going to attack for more than 2 on turn 3 unless you play a creature with haste

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

"Heros never die! They get exiled and feed their master!"

these value monsters are hard to judge, you maybe want this in the fast angel deck? I def want this in my Tariel

New Lurrus looking good

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
http://mythicspoiler.com/dmu/cards/battlewingmystic.html

The kicker is: Discard your hand, draw 2.

What?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

HootTheOwl posted:

What?

This is not the worst thing you could do after hand dumping to keep the pressure up.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sorry I was expressing excitment, as I feel the card is constructe dplayable.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

HootTheOwl posted:

What?

This looks dope.

I want to take this, Ledger Shredder, and the Phoenix Chick and build a U/R Angry Birds deck.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
^^^ yeah the chick, this bird and the Djinn all fly are aggro as gently caress

Izzet seems to have the theme of cast many >=2mv spells fast and refill, count the spells in your gy or recast them from there

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wow that's gonna be nice with the baby bird and some other cheap bodies

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is it worth getting a playset of muxus now or should I wait? I've had a bad goblin deck that I haven't updated since 2012 and want to start making it silly

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

bird. posted:

am i reading the tea leaves correctly, is yavimaya steelcrusher the best limited common?

grape ape seems outta control

I don't think it's even the best red common

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RC Cola posted:

Is it worth getting a playset of muxus now or should I wait? I've had a bad goblin deck that I haven't updated since 2012 and want to start making it silly

They are what? 6 bucks now? I don't think you'll regret buying them at that point.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

TesseractMinotaur posted:

How are you supposed to use Weatherlight Compleated?

It's kind of like a less good, but also Standard legal, Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

RC Cola posted:

3 at most, 2 is what you will most likely play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It's kind of like a less good, but also Standard legal, Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less good lol. Shorikai would be hosed up in standard.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sorcery
Domain - Each creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is 1 plus the number of basic land types among lands you control.

with one B maybe playable, but with BB you're gonna run into basic land issues

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Sorcery
Domain - Each creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is 1 plus the number of basic land types among lands you control.

Aren't we getting triomes? Either way, x=3 shouldn't be too much of a problem to hit, especially if one of your colors is green.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Sorcery

The Capenna trilands have three basic types, I think it'll be ok.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

A Moose posted:

Aren't we getting triomes? Either way, x=3 shouldn't be too much of a problem to hit, especially if one of your colors is green.

No, there's a cycle of reprints from Alara but they're not typed and you can't cycle them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
how the gently caress did I forget triomes? maybe because they are unreasonably expensive and I never got them (just like the OG were)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got some of the SNC triome, 100% trying to make a Domain deck.

I will make Domain a thing so help me god.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

With a single triome its a Languish, gonna see play

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So are we getting triomes or are we getting untyped trilands, there's a very large gulf between those two things

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

So are we getting triomes or are we getting untyped trilands, there's a very large gulf between those two things

There are untyped trilands in the Commander Decks.

I don't think we're getting Ikoria rare triomes again, I do think we're getting etb tapped typed duals at common. It's strange that we have the Snow versions of these from Kaldheim but not normal ones yet.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

We already have allied triomes from Capenna, 6 non-typed painland reprints in DomU, and the non-typed triland was a reprint from Khans that's in the commander precon.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yeah domain required a ton of fixing the first time around so it’s good to see it again.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the story explains that this device is a scryer. absolute flavor fail

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thought it said Sliver Scrutiny at first and got excited

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kalel posted:

the story explains that this device is a scryer. absolute flavor fail

If I was Karn I would have simply drawn the cards.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
some real good flavor text this set

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fun fact, this works with mutate and bestow and probably some other really fucky rules poo poo. Have fun keeping track of those boardstates lol

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

some real good flavor text this set

Slimefoot, Squee and Tinybones should team-up

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Fun fact, this works with mutate and bestow and probably some other really fucky rules poo poo. Have fun keeping track of those boardstates lol
Does it copy all auras?

...does it copy Oblivion Ring?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Tibalt posted:

Does it copy all auras?

O-ring's ability is an ETB, so its not a spell targeting the creature. It probably does copy auras though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tibalt posted:

Does it copy all auras?

it works on any spell that targets a single creature, including permanent spells. it wouldn't work on oblivion ring because it targets after hitting the battlefield, though even if it did your copy would have to hit ivy anyway if you chose to do that option

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tibalt posted:

Does it copy all auras?
Most of them. The ones that target creatures.

quote:

The spell O ring targets nothing.
The ETB on O ring is not a spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Oh, it's a may ability. Boo.