Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

fatherboxx posted:

Slimefoot, Squee and Tinybones should team-up

Heist movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can do some real fun stuff with Helm of the Host on this one to give a copy haste.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Yooooo new legendary faerie. There's some cool stuff you can do with that...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
cut down some other critter, and the faerie is like "oh me too me too!"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

What a strange casting cost, would've been a great aggro top end at 2WW.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mat Cauthon posted:

I would assume limited. I think its a bad card at 4 cmc.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

5 is 1 whole mana cheaper than Sovreigns of Lost Alara for the purpose of grabbing Eldrazi Conscription. Though it doesn't have haste so its actually completely worthless. It almost had 1 job

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mat Cauthon posted:

I see where youre coming from but like, its a dangerous ability, lot of good auras and equipment out there. I understand why they were safe with it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
a 4/4 first strike vigilance lifelink for 4 would be close to playable even when it isn't casting an aura or equipment from your hand for free, lol

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's kind of a dangerous card in general because a large first strike lifelink vigilance body makes combat impossible. So if it can pick up something that makes it hard to remove, then you've just won all combat for the rest of the game.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sickening posted:

I would assume limited.

It's rare, do rares even get balanced for limited?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hey, rules question: it says you may put an aura [...]from the graveyard onto the battlefield attached to danitha -- can you bring an aura back that *can't* attach to danitha, like overwhelming splendor? the rules about non-cast auras ending up on the battlefield always trip me up

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

flatluigi posted:

hey, rules question: it says you may put an aura [...]from the graveyard onto the battlefield attached to danitha -- can you bring an aura back that *can't* attach to danitha, like overwhelming splendor? the rules about non-cast auras ending up on the battlefield always trip me up

303.4i: If an effect attempts to put an Aura onto the battlefield attached to an object or player it can't legally enchant, the Aura remains in its current zone, unless that zone is the stack. In that case, the Aura is put into its owner's graveyard instead of entering the battlefield. If the Aura is a token, it isn't created.

(no)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

some real good flavor text this set

This is all I see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5qDyZm2itQ&t=32s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71Epv4g6jY&t=42s

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 23, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lone Goat posted:

303.4i: If an effect attempts to put an Aura onto the battlefield attached to an object or player it can't legally enchant, the Aura remains in its current zone, unless that zone is the stack. In that case, the Aura is put into its owner's graveyard instead of entering the battlefield. If the Aura is a token, it isn't created.

(no)

makes sense, but boo

guess i'll have to continue to treasure my rise to glories

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

It's kind of a dangerous card in general because a large first strike lifelink vigilance body makes combat impossible. So if it can pick up something that makes it hard to remove, then you've just won all combat for the rest of the game.

Not really anymore. It either needs to have haste or the special effect has to be something better than aura fuckery.

There has been a very limited amount of 4/4 for 4 that have ever made waves and they have all had some serious upside over this thing. a 4/4 for 5 better be loving value town.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 23, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Fun fact, this works with mutate and bestow and probably some other really fucky rules poo poo. Have fun keeping track of those boardstates lol

bet they had fun programming that on the online platforms

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sickening posted:

Not really anymore. It either needs to have haste or the special effect has to be something better than aura fuckery.

There has been a very limited amount of 4/4 for 4 that have ever made waves and they have all had some serious upside over this thing. a 4/4 for 5 better be loving value town.

Questing beast had a short story worth of text

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Sickening posted:

I'm saying if this was easy to make into a 5/5 hexproof reach or some poo poo like that, it would be really obnoxious. Like I'm talking about a theoretical where the ability consistently gets an aura/equip that makes this either haste + other value or resistant to removal + some other value. No idea if good auras or equipment to go with it exist now or may exist in the next few sets but just pointing out that if they did, having this at 4 could be dangerous and even at 5 it leads to bad games if it's a good strategy.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Dang, enigma drake and electromancer had a baby.

Haughty Djinn
1UU
Creature - Djinn
Flying

Haughty Djinn's power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard.

Instant and sorcery spells you cast cost 1 less.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the fact that it plays a card from your hand or graveyard for free and bypasses equip costs is enough to have it at a slightly higher cost than the base rate for a 4/4 with three relevant keywords, if just for futureproofing.

but futureproofing implies there are no auras or equipments in any format that you'd be currently happy to use with her ability, and that's just not true

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

kalel posted:

Questing beast had a short story worth of text

That is my point.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

I'm saying if this was easy to make into a 5/5 hexproof reach or some poo poo like that, it would be really obnoxious. Like I'm talking about a theoretical where the ability consistently gets an aura/equip that makes this either haste + other value or resistant to removal + some other value. No idea if good auras or equipment to go with it exist now or may exist in the next few sets but just pointing out that if they did, having this at 4 could be dangerous and even at 5 it leads to bad games if it's a good strategy.

No.

I don't think there is an aura that exists or will exist that makes this a good card at 5. At 4, it would need a hell of an aura to play around and chances of that seems really REALLY slim.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Cloudsteel Kirin makes it a 5 mana Platinum Angel. Rabbit Battery, another Haste enabler with Danitha.

Hero's Heirloom is a legendary matters equipment in DMU that gives +2/+1 Trample and Haste.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

Cloudsteel Kirin makes it a 5 mana Platinum Angel. Rabbit Battery, another Haste enabler with Danitha.

Hero's Heirloom is a legendary matters equipment in DMU that gives +2/+1 Trample and Haste.

And while those seem fun, do any of those options seem in any way competitive?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Sickening posted:

Synergizes well with Ratadrabik and Liliana of the Veil, so maybe.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sickening posted:

are you asking if the card's any good or are you asking if it's going to make a new top tier deck happen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bugsy posted:

Haughty Djinn
1UU
Creature - Djinn
Flying

Haughty Djinn's power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard.

Hmm I was definitely going to put the Battlemage Captain in my Historic Izzet Wizards deck, but I think I might also be in the market for a 4/4 flier for 2.

Does this ability affect flashback costs

Edit: oh it's 3

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 24, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hmm I was definitely going to put the Battlemage Captain in my Historic Izzet Wizards deck, but I think I might also be in the market for a 4/4 flier for 2.

Does this ability affect flashback costs

Flashback is an alternate casting cost so I think it should be reduced

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
it does work with flashback. the rules for alternate costs are you declare youre paying the alternate cost, then apply any relevant reductions and additional costs. flashbacked instants/sorceries are still instants/sorceries so its kosher.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

flatluigi posted:

are you asking if the card's any good or are you asking if it's going to make a new top tier deck happen

I am saying the answer to any of those questions is probably “no”.

Any fair decks that play auras is going to find the card too expensive. Any non fair deck is not likely to get a payoff worth the setup.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Has wotc announced what is in DMU jumpstart yet? I know those are replacing theme boosters but it isn't clear if they will be only DMU cards or if they will also have other reprints like original jumpstart and m21.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sickening posted:

That is my point.

yeah I kind of had more but I hit post before I finished. And now I forgot what I was going to say

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Rahu posted:

Has wotc announced what is in DMU jumpstart yet? I know those are replacing theme boosters but it isn't clear if they will be only DMU cards or if they will also have other reprints like original jumpstart and m21.

We don't know the cards in Jumpstart boosters yet, but we know there's 5 unique cards and they're in the card image spoiler (but not on scryfall for...some reason?)

{W} Serra Redeemer
{U} Cosmic Epiphany
{B} Tyrannical Pitlord
{R} Ragefire Hellkite
{G} Briar Hydra

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Sickening posted:

The only magic that exists now is commander and kitchen table magic. Who cares about how competitive it is?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
If you play Magic competitively I pity you

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I don't think she's good enough for a dedicated RW Equipment list, but there is a UW aura reanimator that would like her (and maybe the Mardu legend from Strixhaven)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

flatluigi posted:

the fact that it plays a card from your hand or graveyard for free and bypasses equip costs is enough to have it at a slightly higher cost than the base rate for a 4/4 with three relevant keywords, if just for futureproofing.

but futureproofing implies there are no auras or equipments in any format that you'd be currently happy to use with her ability, and that's just not true

It looks like a late game limited thing, just to grab a random aura for value

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have not played magic in years but i am sad that the phyrexians have taken the weatherlight :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Haughty Djinn
1UU
Creature - Djinn
Flying

thats just azurik from xbox