Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Even after ditching Edge, everything about The Judgment Day's presentation sucks absolute poo poo and doesn't really fit together cohesively at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aren't they just mall goths?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

He wouldn’t.

They can teach some other generic looking dude to look at his hands and act surprised for way less than it would cost to get a Gargano.

He'd have been a "nice to have," rather than a "must have" with AEW. There are plenty of smaller guys who can go in AEW, and honestly, he probably would have been lost in the shuffle. And considering that the current guy in charge has made it clear in the past that he values him as a performer, he probably made the right call to take the WWE contract on offer.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Finn's new song is literally just his old song with different note progression. It's not bad at all. Y'all are so weird and hateful.

The Judgement Day is a bad name though. They should lose the article.

Dude it’s pretty easy to gently caress up a song by taking one and changing it so that it sounds different. And it does sound different and it sounds bad.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Aren't they just mall goths?

Pretty much. In any case, they aren't remotely menacing enough for the Undertaker knockoff slow dirge smoky entrance. Finn is tiny, he can't be doing this poo poo. At the very least, he needs some Braun-sized heater. Priest is big but not that big. And I haven't seen any of their promos in awhile. I think they've moved away from the generic cheap heat stuff, but I haven't heard of them doing any real character building other than just looking like that, for some reason. Do they have a thing outside of hating Edge for no reason?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The in The Judgement Day bothers me so much. I've never seen that term referred to with an article.

Terminator 2: The Judgement Day

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

itd be a halfway decent gimmick if they were actual mall goths walking out to the Cure in tripp pants but theyre just lame generic wrestlers who wear black eyeliner

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The is the new Team

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cartridgeblowers posted:

The Judgement Day is a bad name though. They should lose the article.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

It's not bad at all. Y'all are so weird and hateful.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gargano was hot as hell till they overexposed/overbooked the feud with Ciampa in typical WWE fashion. Should have called it quits with the first match and moved on but it got worse the more the feud dragged on. Neither of the two ever really recovered from it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shard posted:

The in The Judgement Day bothers me so much. I've never seen that term referred to with an article.

Maybe they’re oddly worried that people will confuse them with the PPV name

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
All Summer Long is literally just Werewolves of London with different lyrics, it's not bad at all

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I have no take about the new Finn song I just thought the statement was funny

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think gargano has the potential to be a really strong babyface for wwe

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

DeepDickPizza posted:

Even after ditching Edge, everything about The Judgment Day's presentation sucks absolute poo poo and doesn't really fit together cohesively at all.

Bruh don't poo poo on The Brood v2.0 without the blood

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

All Summer Long is literally just Werewolves of London with different lyrics, it's not bad at all

This except it's completely terrible :v:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's "Werewolves of London" combined with "Sweet Home Alabama" and the thing I remember most about the song was white people calling it genius after complaining about sampling in black music for decades.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lunatic Sledge posted:

No, it's a deeply lazy mashup of Werewolves & Sweet Home Alabama, without the fun lyrics (or Warren Zevon) & with the ever lovely Robert Richie singing the most banal poo poo possible.

There's no charm or wit or even an "awooooo". It's all so lazy.

Also the drum intro is just Smells Like Teen Spirit lol

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's "Werewolves of London" combined with "Sweet Home Alabama" and the thing I remember most about the song was white people calling it genius after complaining about sampling in black music for decades.

Yeah, sampling is this really cool art that I loving hate copyright got in the way of it. And this is just the least interesting, like the nadir of sampling.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 23, 2022

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i was going to bitch about this derail and then realized/remembered it's about a kid rock song so it tracks for the wwe thread, continue

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I know they're cheap as gently caress, but they should license some lovely Kid Rock song for Ciampa or some other dipshit's theme.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

DeepDickPizza posted:

I know they're cheap as gently caress, but they should license some lovely Kid Rock song for Ciampa or some other dipshit's theme.

Uncle Kracker started as a turntablist for Kid Rock's backup band, Trips could probably get 'em both for a crisp 20

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ciampa and indeed all wwe wrestlers should come out to Break Stuff, the only song to correctly capture the WWE vibes

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Uncle Kracker started as a turntablist for Kid Rock's backup band, Trips could probably get 'em both for a crisp 20

kid rock is still inexplicably very popular so i'm sure it'd be worse

projecthalaxy posted:

ciampa and indeed all wwe wrestlers should come out to Break Stuff, the only song to correctly capture the WWE vibes

:hmmyes:

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

projecthalaxy posted:

Bullshit! break stuff does not as a song go nearly far enough in addressing what we should permit with respect to bodies hitting the floor.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
true story, when I first heard that song on the radio I thought it was "let the potties hit the pool"

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Its not even really a mashup, Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama both have the same progression in the same key (D > C > G)

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

time for hunter to ring up waltman and bring back the greatest wwe stable of all time

x-factor is back baby awooooooooo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I GOT EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I know you hate thX FACat faTORct

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
What’s Vince doing these days. Guy went from working 16 hours a day to sipping margaritas next to his pool?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shard posted:

The Judgement Day doesn't bother me, but "the WCW" did

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Seams posted:

What’s Vince doing these days. Guy went from working 16 hours a day to sipping margaritas next to his pool?

shredding paper id reckon

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

TheKingslayer posted:

The only way you should watch WWE again in a way they benefit from is if they prove they don't want to totally monopolize the industry anymore. But that won't happen.

Considering one of the first things that's happened under HHH's is them doing outright contract tampering trying to poach signed AEW wrestlers, no they'll never stop trying to snuff out any wrestling they don't own.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

stuff like GCW is safe the WWE will never have a hardcore/deathmatch belt

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Drakkel posted:

Considering one of the first things that's happened under HHH's is them doing outright contract tampering trying to poach signed AEW wrestlers, no they'll never stop trying to snuff out any wrestling they don't own.

they didn’t do that

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

shredding paper id reckon

With his butthole

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

HE RHYMES 'THINGS' WITH 'THINGS'!

(thank you for coming to my pet peeve trigger talk)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well I imagine this is a sign NXT UK won't be around for too much longer

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1562230865379622914?s=20&t=rpodWGahTi-Uc3WMDTFTIQ

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I still can’t hear that song without thinking of Eric the Midgets “Werewolves of New Mexico”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Digital Jedi posted:

Well I imagine this is a sign NXT UK won't be around for too much longer

Firing 80% of their roster a pretty big hint into that direction.