Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oscar Wild posted:

Do it. It's not a great game anyways and how many hrs have you actually played/anticipate playing in the next 3 years

Nine Parchments scratches a similar itch to Gauntlet Legends but is playable on this, the (thread of the) Nintendo Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fun Times! posted:

Oh, so it's jinxed then. Great.

Sorry!

But seriously, if there is farm automation and even decent combat I will be over the moon.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New Sonic Frontiers trailer. I know there’s a 95% chance it will be normal Sonic garbage but I think the trailer looks good at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZAbmxP7Yw

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Curious how it looks on Switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

Blurry

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LuckyCat posted:

New Sonic Frontiers trailer. I know there’s a 95% chance it will be normal Sonic garbage but I think the trailer looks good at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZAbmxP7Yw

That’s at least the best the game’s looked so far at any rate (Sega was being weirdly stingy on details prior to this, to their detriment in my opinion)

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Good news, everyone!

Dorfromantik is coming to Switch! It's like a chill puzzle version of Carcassonne, where you build forests, fields, and villages. It has a creative mode as well. I've been playing it on Steam, and it's quite relaxing.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
No, Sonic Frontiers is actually going to be very bad. The evidence is insurmountable.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I was just setting my new Switch OLED and after downloading a bunch of games, the system threw an Orange Screen of Death. Is this unit just toast? I power cycled and got it to boot again, but what I’m seeing online is that it’s a fatal Wifi chip error that will just come back.

I already returned the first one she got me as the right joycon was dropping connection while connected to the system and I didn’t wanna deal with customer service.

…ugh.

e: I’m just gonna return this one too and deal with my Lite until Switch 2. Such a disappointment. Nintendon’t make good hardware anymore.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 23, 2022

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.mini.com/en_MS/home/lifestyle/mini-x-pokemon-gamescom.html

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It looked like that concept car had a projector - thats a pretty neat feature if the concept ever gets picked up.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

rewatch that trailer but this time click on the little gear icon in the corner, click "quality", and then scroll all the way to the bottom

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Larryb posted:

That’s at least the best the game’s looked so far at any rate (Sega was being weirdly stingy on details prior to this, to their detriment in my opinion)

Right on, definitely keeping an eye on this. My expectation is pretty much, if it's even cool enough to give me like 4 hours of fun, and I don't find some of the open world stuff interesting etc, it's still probably worth a play. A rental or discounted purchase etc. But if they get a win, that would be pretty neat.

Last one I loved is Generations. And props to Mania for its idea, though that makes me just wanna play the originals. The world needs more cool 3D platformers at all times.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't give a hot gently caress about Sonic. I've never liked any of the games aside from the music but Frontiers looks neat, at least.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve been cursed to buy every Sonic game at launch and so I will do it again

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

hatty posted:

Ugh, jfc, why??

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

hatty posted:

You're part of the problem.

j/k enjoy whatever you like :cheers:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hatty posted:

Try therapy instead.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well I'd say I finally managed to get over my Xenoblade issues. Already cleaning up the Marsh, just need some collectables and to finish some sidequests. I do think I might start to leave more stuff for later if I wanna finish with the main plot soon (and leave some patience for the area full of missable sidequests).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ugh, jfc, why??

Emotionally distant parents is my guess

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Any thoughts on One Step From Eden? It's 40% off right now, might nab it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: I don't give a hot gently caress about Sonic.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I'm going to lol when sonic frontiers turns out better than mario odyssey

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

On the one hand: lol that people haven't learned their lesson after more than two decades.

On the other hand: they wouldn't keep making them if they weren't selling.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dpulex posted:

There's no way in hell.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sonic owns

Social Animal posted:

It is very fun, if you’ve played Mega Man Battle Network at all you will feel right at home. The game gets quite tough but they added some pretty modular difficulty settings to ease the challenge if you want.

sigher posted:

There's no way in hell.

*smash cut to Sonic Frontiers getting 102 on metacritic”

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Dpulex posted:

About as likely as you making a good post

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
sonic is good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there was some doom mod of sonic recently that was really fun

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I know the power port on the switch is non-standard but is it okay if I use any old usb c-to-a cable to connect peripherals to the usb a ports on the dock?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

I know the power port on the switch is non-standard but is it okay if I use any old usb c-to-a cable to connect peripherals to the usb a ports on the dock?

should be fine unless they’re specifically powered peripherals

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Social Animal posted:

Like the above poster said, it's very fun but I do want to stress that it was very, very challenging for me even though I had beaten all the Mega Man Battle Networks. The modular difficulty lowers the speed enemies move every time you die, which made it playable for me. Still, cool game with a lot in it if you like that sort of gameplay.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

About 40% through Astalon thanks to y'all talking about it this weekend. I'm so impressed by how well designed and paced it is. There have been so many times I've found a new ability and thought, "Aw hell yeah! This changes everything!" Clearly a Metroidvania fan's Metroidvania. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it. Maybe it was the 8-bit inspired graphics that made my eyes skim over it. But really I can't imagine the game looking any other way now.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

About 40% through Astalon thanks to y'all talking about it this weekend. I'm so impressed by how well designed and paced it is. There have been so many times I've found a new ability and thought, "Aw hell yeah! This changes everything!" Clearly a Metroidvania fan's Metroidvania. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it. Maybe it was the 8-bit inspired graphics that made my eyes skim over it. But really I can't imagine the game looking any other way now.

super glad you're enjoying it, it's the hiddenest of hidden gems.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dpulex posted:

I'll bite; what criteria would you consider when determining if it's better.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

I'll bite; what criteria would you consider when determining if it's better.

sonic

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sonic Frontiers looks cool, but it's also a 3D Sonic game. There's a chance it will actually be good and live up to the hype, but if there's one series you should absolutely never pre-order games for, it's Sonic.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
believe in sonic

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only Sonic game I regret preordering is Forces, just a boring game all around, Zero identity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Don't know about playing it, but Forces is neat to experience second-hand for stuff like "Sonic is tortured off-screen for six months" and the OC and their millions of "GAMER" shirts.