Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mediaphage posted:

like this is pithy and not wrong but they’ll get worse faster under two houses of the gop and a trump or desantis presidency and don’t pretend like they won’t. there’s no guarantee anything would rise up to replace the dems in our life either

this isn’t enough to make me vote for them since they’re making their own bed and they can lie in it but it doesn’t mean i can’t feel bad sometimes about how much worse and quickly things will get

yeah there’s no guarantee, but there’s at least a fuckin snowball’s chance in hell versus the current situation where the dems all spring to life whenever there’s a hint of a vaguely leftward insurgency in order to judo it into submission

like everyone gets all mad and puffy and goes BUT THE GOP ARE BAD and point at them as the final boss

yeah sure cool, you still have to defeat the mini boss that are the democrats. the fact that the gop is the big bad doesn’t mean poo poo when you keep getting owned by the door fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
oh yeah i agree, i just go through phases being depressed for a bit, i think a lot of the poo poo that's been happening to queer folks on top of the pandemic is just kind of making my brain itch

anyway yeah i mean ive met and talked to mcconnell, i legit think he's a smart, competent dude. just also mean and bad and deserves bad things

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

are the GOP actively calling for the killing of non-cis? there’s one guy somewhere in the midwest iirc, but he’s gonna lose the primary

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:siren: non-succy 25 yr old zoomer running in a congressional primary today in FL for val demings' seat :siren:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahaha

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lol

https://twitter.com/alexwdc/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Big shocker given the fawning coverage in the liberal media she's received

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah like the gop is completely poisoned against her and will never in a million years vote for her

so of course the dems are going to fund her campaign or some stupid poo poo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Joe Biden is gonna throw a press conference of him standing behind a table full of DeVry gift certificates with a big ol grin like Trump's McDonalds spread

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

you love to see it folks

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there is no good outcome, so you might as well try to find humor in it.

Humor found

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1562218088879345664?s=21&t=wONoFpMaLECazFc9IWxVmA

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wait, why make it state school specific? lolll that's just so needlessly limiting

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

wait, why make it state school specific? lolll that's just so needlessly limiting

Can’t let some fancy pants Harvard grad benefit from this!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

that's just so needlessly limiting

The Democrats!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the circle.. is complete..

https://twitter.com/PaulSorrentino3...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lmooooaaa

https://twitter.com/WaitingOnBiden/...ingawful.com%2F

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yellowcar posted:

things will get worse regardless of which rightwing party is in charge

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

I see it as the latter. A man with one eye in the kingdom of the blind is the king.

This is ableist af. You did a racism. You did an imperialism. You did a nationalism. You did a xenophobia. You did a white fragility. You did a weak apology. You did no growth. This makes it abundantly clear you don't understand the intersectional nature of the multiplicity of your offenses.

biden 2024

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i hope it happens

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ummm excuse me, that's whataboutism pointing out the willingness of the dems to spray the moneyhose over everything and anyone except good things has nothing to do with the sound financial policy of letting you loving starve, prole

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
We should start packing away the lib Rosetta Stone so future generations can decipher the already dated and nonsensical title "Mueller, She Wrote"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

sorry, she lost

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage posted:

tbh i lol a little at it but i still get a bit down to see gop senate candidates calling for the outright murder of all queer folks lol

look i get it i just don't know that seeing the dems destroyed in any way guarantees something besides a fully cemented right-wing power grab. like, i hear you all rushing to post now but we all know it will get worse lol.

anyway i'm not saying i want to see them successful, just all options and outcomes are likely to be bad for a while!

if it makes you feel any better, the dems winning big is also a right wing power grab

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fart simpson posted:

if it makes you feel any better, the dems winning big is also a right wing power grab

moderately less likely to actively encourage their followers to murder my friends even if they might still be murdering people abroad

they’ll just give us big scarlet fs to wear so people know we might be carrying the plague

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mediaphage posted:

moderately less likely to actively encourage their followers to murder my friends even if they might still be murdering people abroad

they’ll just give us big scarlet fs to wear so people know we might be carrying the plague

the libs in charge of the CDC and other health apparatuses are why gays are being blamed for Monkeypox. libs might not actively call for the murder of lgbtq folk but the libs will absolutely turn the system against them

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

mediaphage posted:

which republicans are encouraging their followers to murder your friends?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

which republicans are encouraging their followers to murder your friends?

lol ok

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I’m just curious

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

the libs in charge of the CDC and other health apparatuses are why gays are being blamed for Monkeypox. libs might not actively call for the murder of lgbtq folk but the libs will absolutely turn the system against them

yeah that’s why i literally said that in the post

the “just” is moderately sarcastic

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
was the famously good and principled republican liz cheney doing exactly that poo poo back in 2013 during the gay marriage stuff

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

mediaphage posted:

idk social murder poo poo like they're doing in CA by denying healthcare and housing to the most vulnerable strikes me as necropolitics too. Targeting the same demographics as well, just with more steps.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

That's $150,000 the govt paid them for each dead kid lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
the podcast lady also had her student debt forgiven, but it's ok because shes our troops

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

idk social murder poo poo like they're doing in CA by denying healthcare and housing to the most vulnerable strikes me as necropolitics too. Targeting the same demographics as well, just with more steps.

one party wears rainbow attire and puts up rainbow decorations thirty days a year, and the other one doesn’t. i know which one I want operating the queer killing drones!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Watch Biden manage to lose the PMC as well.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

mediaphage posted:

maybe i’m an odd one in this thread but while watching the dems eat it will be hilarious it’s still depressing because of how much faster things get worse lol

Or maybe you don't live in the hinterlands that the dems abandoned to the gop a generation ago? I'd be a lot more amenable to the argument of supporting democrats strictly as a harm reduction measure if they hadn't abandoned the citizens of 4 out of 5 states to the people out to cause the harm over the course of the last thirty years.

I won't deny that the republicans, especially in the post-Trump era, have a political project and social movement to degrade the civil rights of minorities of every stripe across the board. I will argue that voting for democrats does nothing to stop its advance because the democrats (and specifically liberals) do not have a political project or social movement to counter it. They don't have a competing vision for how things should be and a path to get there. As such they are not a countervailing force against the conservative project but at best a pause button of decreasing efficacy.

I'm not saying you need to welcome what's coming but it would be better to accept it as inevitable and stop relying on ineffectual talismans like the democratic party, the federal governmental apparatus, liberals, and the political system writ large to halt it.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

oh do people mistake this thread as evidence of the people posting in it being invested in the democrat party? like I'm going to be personally gutted if the Democrats keep the house and expand their margin in the Senate? is that what the people who hate read this thread think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I started this thread mainly for myself to catalogue the democrats many, repeated, avoidable, intentional gently caress ups that will lead to them getting thrown out of power, and laugh at them

everyone else is welcome to laugh too, and especially at people that think the democrats won't be destroyed

welcome~