Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
hmm sounds like “communication abuse” to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

bawfuls posted:

maybe it's my poo poo-tier bracket but I've found it is significantly more common in unranked

in ranked role q you can report someone for not playing their role, but annoyingly you can only report them for that within the first few minutes of the game

Nah you're right it is less common in ranked, I'm just being whiny cause it did happen in my last ranked game and there was no recourse because of the goofy way reporting works

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

i last seriously played dota on the regular back when Techies came out, is there anything for re-learning the game? there's so much new poo poo to keep track of nowadays and it'd be cool if someone made a de-boomering guide

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This BSJ video covers a fair amount for your situation

https://youtu.be/yGGyrcCoITY

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Iamgoofball posted:

i last seriously played dota on the regular back when Techies came out, is there anything for re-learning the game? there's so much new poo poo to keep track of nowadays and it'd be cool if someone made a de-boomering guide

its easy to understand. dota used to be a game of honor and dignity and now its everquest tier cringe.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think the next big patch should make the game exactly like the original WC3 custom map.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Smythe posted:

its easy to understand. dota used to be a game of honor and dignity and now its everquest tier cringe.

I see why u like it so much now

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

How are bans supposed to work because it seems very rare that anything I suggest actually gets banned. I've heard 50% but it seems way lower for me and I'm wondering whether there's some kind of opaque system at work or my account is bugged somehow.

Also I just played with a guy that was so emo he talked himself into throwing the game over the course of 30-40min without anyone even responding to him. I think the first thing anyone said in teamchat was 'Report Viper' after he announced for the third or fourth time that he was throwing.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I think the next big patch should make the game exactly like the original WC3 custom map.

right down the ogre magi and the ogre creep sharing the same model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-sSDOMmvM

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I would return immediately.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Iamgoofball posted:

just play the game

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

How are bans supposed to work because it seems very rare that anything I suggest actually gets banned. I've heard 50% but it seems way lower for me and I'm wondering whether there's some kind of opaque system at work or my account is bugged somehow.

Also I just played with a guy that was so emo he talked himself into throwing the game over the course of 30-40min without anyone even responding to him. I think the first thing anyone said in teamchat was 'Report Viper' after he announced for the third or fourth time that he was throwing.
It is supposed to be 50% chance to ban each hero that’s nominated, then it bans additional heroes until it’s banned 16 total. The additional ones are based on ban rates at that mmr.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

bawfuls posted:

The additional ones are based on ban rates at that mmr.

Wait, so it bans heroes that are commonly banned at that bracket, effectively inflating those ban percentages?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Wait, so it bans heroes that are commonly banned at that bracket, effectively inflating those ban percentages?

I can't really say for sure, but there's a good chance auto bans don't count towards the overall manual ban rate which would feed the auto banner.

There's also a good chance the auto bans don't really impact the ban volume tremendously.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.32

quote:

Added Flagbearer Creep. Starting at minute 2 one of the melee creeps in every second creepwave is replaced by a Flagbearer. It has 40% magic resistance and an Inspiration Aura, which gives +3 Health Regen to all allies within a 700 range. Killing an enemy Flagbearer will grant you and each allied hero within 1200 radius bonus gold equal to 100% of a Melee Creep's bounty. Does not grant gold on deny and cannot be denied by hero abilities, e.g Demonic Conversion.

What the gently caress

quote:

Ogre Seal Totem
New Tier 3 Item
+12 Strength
Active: Ogre Seal Flop. Flop forward like an Ogre Seal 2 times, dealing 150 damage and slowing enemies in a 225 radius by 100% for 1s on each bounce. Bounce distance: 400. Manacost 75. Cooldown: 40s. Destroys trees.

:hellyeah:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 23, 2022

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

HITCH A RIDE
Reworked Scepter. Grants new ability: Hitch a Ride. Centaur tosses an ally into a cart hitched behind him. While in the cart, the ally can still cast and attack normally, but cannot move independently or be targeted by opponents. Non-targeted effects can still affect the hitched ally. Increases the attack range of hitched melee heroes by 200. Mana Cost: 75. Cooldown: 60s. Duration: 8s. Cast Range: 300

What the gently caress

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

^That sounds amazing. And now Steam is in Offline mode and I can't play :f5:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That seal flop thing was in Labyrinth wasn’t it? Bring on the weirdo neutrals

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's gonna take me a while getting used to Tinker's rearm going on cooldown if it doesn't finish channeling.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Overclocking
Reworked Scepter. No longer refreshes all of Clockwerk's abilities on cast and neither grants bonus Movement and Attack Speed. While Overclocking is active, all of Clockwerk's abilities are supercharged: Battery Assault damages and stuns all enemies within its radius. Power Cogs increase Clockwerk's Attack Speed by 250 while Clockwerk is inside. Rocket Flare has its cooldown decreased to 3s and shoots 2 additional flares to either side of the target area. Increases Hookshot stun radius and duration by 50%. When Overclocking expires, Clockwerk is stunned for 3s. Buff Duration: 13s. Cooldown: 50s.

wtf
Normal Punch
Ability is now granted by Scepter
Illusion damage equals replica damage of the current level of Wall of Replica
Min Damage increased from 10 to 50
Max Damage increased from 300 to 450
Illusion spawn delay decreased from 0.7s to 0.25s
Cooldown decreased from 14s to 9s

why tf are there dawnbreaker buffs

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 24, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Removed small camp near mid lane woah!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

very good. double railgun

DECOY
Now granted by Scepter. When cast, turns Hoodwink invisible, increases her movement speed by 15%, and creates a decoy of her that starts charging up Sharpshooter, aiming at the nearest visible enemy in 3000 range. If attacked or targeted by a spell, the decoy is destroyed and a lesser Bushwhack is cast towards the attacker. If the decoy was not attacked, it shoots the Sharpshooter in the direction it was aiming, dealing 60% of its regular damage

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

holy poo poo hoodwink's decoy agh sharpshooter aims even when enemies are out of vision lmao

edit: sometimes, but not always, and sometimes it also just farts out an illusion that runs at the nearest enemy

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 24, 2022

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So excited for PB to be added to Captain's Mode. New Scepter, and Shard buff sounds good.

Too bad I can't play because it's in "Offline Mode" :argh:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
open the servers valve!!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I'm loving these Engima buffs. Scepter was such a waste before:

quote:

Enigma
Malefice
Reworked Shard. Increases Malefice stun duration by 0.35s and at every tick on an enemy hero creates an Eidolon which cannot split but still get a refreshed duration after a set amount of attacks
Black Hole
Reworked Scepter. Deals additional damage equivalent to 3.5% Max Health and pulls all enemies in the 1200 AoE with the speed of 175 units. Units being pulled in the additional Scepter radius can still move
Talents
Level 10 Talent +0.35s Malefice Stun Duration replaced with +50 Black Hole Damage Per Second
Level 15 Talent +200 Midnight Pulse Radius replaced with +350 Health
Level 20 Talent +400 Health replaced with +200 Midnight Pulse Radius
also +1 armor to Rubick hell yeah; the undying cast points buffs are great too

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I thought they killed my boy Ogre for a second until I saw they gave him +20 base damage in compensation for the regen and armor loss.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

TOOT BOOT posted:

I thought they killed my boy Ogre for a second until I saw they gave him +20 base damage in compensation for the regen and armor loss.

I think they did a bit in that he wont be as effective of a bully to the enemy 4/5 support for free. gently caress that ogre hanging around running at me all the god drat time.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

THE LEVELLER
Removed item

Noo

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If Centaur puts Snapfire in his cart and then she uses Gobble Up on him they just ascend to the heavens

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Geight posted:

If Centaur puts Snapfire in his cart and then she uses Gobble Up on him they just ascend to the heavens

Sounds perfect.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Can centaur put cm in his cart during freezing field and then hit stampede to chase people down with cm ult? Sounds fun

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Geight posted:

https://v.redd.it/pufopqs6tjj91

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

This patch seems more interesting than the past few that were nothingburgers outside of a few changes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://giant.gfycat.com/ShinyWelltodoHamadryad.webm

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

i love cart

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

couple more clips from reddit

https://giant.gfycat.com/ColdTheseAmericankestrel.mp4

https://giant.gfycat.com/NiftyGlaringJackrabbit.mp4

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I would be extremely salty about that Invoker save.

I really don't like the idea of him carting an ally out to safety. Interesting idea to cart someone into/through combat but yea...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol at how far away u can suck ppl into the cart