Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I love the people in the comments insisting that making your own family is wrong because REAL FAMILIES are about BLOOD which gives you UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

yyyyyeah that's how it works, you weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I cannot think of many things that would make being 40 worse other than adding children to the process.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/HolyChrisMolina/status/1562116087176724480

The best thing about deathbed regrets is that you don't have them for very long.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

https://twitter.com/HolyChrisMolina/status/1562116087176724480

The best thing about deathbed regrets is that you don't have them for very long.

https://twitter.com/HolyChrisMolina/status/1562164967637504001

Guy saying that familial love is unconditional immediately reveals conditions in which he would stop loving his children.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/ShawnHils/status/1562157935685410816

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

woah wait, okay. so I clicked this to see it bigger and...

https://twitter.com/CatSplotchy/status/1562181330649088001

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought all states had two senate seats?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

He's also running for Pennsylvania. Maybe it's a joke? It's just an extremely incoherent one.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

OwlFancier posted:

Oz is from Jersey, but is carpetbagging in PA cus the only thing he's good at is heart surgery.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Midnight Voyager posted:

He's also running for Pennsylvania. Maybe it's a joke? It's just an extremely incoherent one.

No, this person was very serious about New Jersey having 3 senate seats.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Midnight Voyager posted:

He lives in NJ.

His campaign ads have mostly filmed in NJ as well.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Samovar posted:

Evidently has never seen that one portrait of Carlos the 2nd, or the portrait of his sister, or Count Ingolf of Rosenborg, or Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, or Count Christian of Rosenborg.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oz doesn’t actually live in Pennsylvania that’s the joke, he lives in NJ but is running in Penn hence third Jersey senate seat. It’s on of the things Fetterman has been harping on.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

When I get into a really bad doomer mood, I do wish that I didn’t also have to worry about what will happen to my children as we slide inevitably towards the apocalypse.

I wouldn’t say I was regret having children, but I do certainly understand why millennials (I am one myself) don’t have them.

Also, this idiot doesn’t seem to realise that some millennials have already entered their 40s

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lmao if you can't entertain yourself past 40 without kids to take up your time you're a loving boring unimaginative loser

I already don't have enough free time or money as it is, to hell with having kids lol

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1562176865846059011

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

Evidently has never seen that one portrait of Carlos the 2nd, or the portrait of his sister, or Count Ingolf of Rosenborg, or Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, or Count Christian of Rosenborg.

Minus the Carlos II portrait, I never knew about these Danish royals before and by loving god I yearn for that time.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I love my daughter and being a dad and will probably have another kid and when people tell me they don't want kids I say gently caress yeah and tell them all the reasons their choice is a good one.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Well the answer is "enjoying doing whatever I want whenever I want".

It's not all about me though, I'd be a horrible parent so both me and my hypothetical children win here.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
plus who wants to live to be 80 anyway

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/SethDillon/status/1562130481793089536?t=xJw_oFrSwm7-XMo_q7M2OQ&s=19

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Scientastic posted:

When I get into a really bad doomer mood, I do wish that I didn’t also have to worry about what will happen to my children as we slide inevitably towards the apocalypse.

I wouldn’t say I was regret having children, but I do certainly understand why millennials (I am one myself) don’t have them.

Also, this idiot doesn’t seem to realise that some millennials have already entered their 40s

Embrace the bloodshed and just lean into preparing them for the future hellworld, while also preparing them for the present hellworld.

My 6 and 4 year old love playing “nerf hunter” where they hide somewhere in the house and have to make it to the front or back door without getting shot. It’s definitely just a cute game and not a way to subtly train them to survive in an active shooter situation.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The universal rule of children is:
I love my kids.
I hate all other kids.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
^^^ this^^^

I’m an older millennial dad and I can confirm that not having kids is always the correct choice and in all possible situations they make things worse and in no possible situations do they actively make anything better.

That said, given the option to go back and change things I absolutely never would.

There are a couple benefits to being a parent though:

* built in excuse to get out of doing anything you don’t want to do / work etc

* your family stops bugging you about having kids / other “””Adults””” take you more seriously

* you get to do fun goofy poo poo that would be weird if you didn’t have a kid with you

* very easy to meet and hook up with other hot local moms and dads in your area :getin:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

There is something to be said for having someone in your life that loves you, and that you love, and are responsible for too. That doesn't necessarily require one to reproduce, rather it does take a conscious choice to take on the responsibility. I think that can be good for people. Not a prescription for everyone, just pointing out a benefit that can come through being a parent, or guardian, or caregiver of some variety.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Happily, the world is such that that there is likely to be the opportunity for interdependence among any group of people who are friends.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

fullroundaction posted:

* very easy to meet and hook up with other hot local moms and dads in your area :getin:

I have been reliably informed that there many, many hot MILFs in my area that want to meet me and I don't have children.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Now's as good of a time as any to start!

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Owling Howl posted:

I have been reliably informed that there many, many hot MILFs in my area that want to meet me and I don't have children.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRf5qYdj/

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hot milfs?

In my area?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

fullroundaction posted:

* you get to do fun goofy poo poo that would be weird if you didn’t have a kid with you

The pro move here is to wait until your siblings have kids, and then you can be the cool uncle/aunt. You get to go do the fun goofy poo poo with them, but can give them back when they’re tired and cranky.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Khizan posted:

The pro move here is to wait until your siblings have kids, and then you can be the cool uncle/aunt. You get to go do the fun goofy poo poo with them, but can give them back when they’re tired and cranky.

gently caress yeah, it's great. You can be their favourite person by doing basically nothing. Love my nieces and nephew.

I love kids but I never wanted to have one myself badly enough to actually do it. So I'm glad my siblings picked up that one.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

fullroundaction posted:

* built in excuse to get out of doing anything you don’t want to do / work etc

At a job I no longer work at, the boss outrught said to me that I shouldn't need as much time off as everyone else in the office because I lived alone.

It didn't make me take less time off, it just made me 'sick' more often.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

- Man who has not had a stable job since 2018.
I thought it was "interesting"/great that he hasn't had a video game role since he went full loving gamergate. gently caress that assclown.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Khizan posted:

It can also be extremely fun when said nieces and nephews grow up and you can drink with them and take them to get tattoos and hang out and poo poo. Doing fun and goofy poo poo with your siblings' kids definitely pays off.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Hot milfs?

In my area?

It's more likely than you think.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
You should get that checked out

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

teethgrinder posted:

I thought it was "interesting"/great that he hasn't had a video game role since he went full loving gamergate. gently caress that assclown.

And his last real credit aside from some football b-movie was a re-release of a 10 year old game he didn't actually do any new dialog work for.

I strongly suspect the reason why Kal Reegar was killed off screen between Mass Effects 2 and 3 was that BioWare didn't want to hire Baldwin back because he was already revealing himself to be a massive inflamed prick even pre-gamergate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcyAk-pFF6M

It's kind of incredibly telling that the behind the scenes videos for Halo 3: ODST show Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Tricia Helfer and Nolan North all recording lines together and getting along and having a blast and yet there's no sign of Adam Baldwin there despite him also appearing in the game. It's probably got something to do with the fact that Fillion and Tudyk loving hate him in real life because he's that big of a godawful rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
i was disappointed to hear fillion say recently that he'd jump at the chance to work for joss whedon again :sigh: