Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
anyone had luck returning tires to the ‘co? Seems they allegedly have a 30 day return policy but i’m getting conflicting answers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Kibun's Healthy Noodles are back to an affordable price, but I think it's because they are being discontinued. They are ending in .97, which means they are gone for good, right? Or just gone for a certain amount of time? They used to be under $10, then got marked up to $18 and now they are back down to $9.97. I'd recommend them if you want a low carb, low calorie noodle substitute. Just add a little butter and Italian herbs and you have a delicious side item that's only about 150 calories, 0 carbs, super tasty and filling.

The other issue I ran into today was all the egg cartons had broken eggs in them. Never seen that.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ShowTime posted:

Kibun's Healthy Noodles are back to an affordable price, but I think it's because they are being discontinued. They are ending in .97, which means they are gone for good, right? Or just gone for a certain amount of time? They used to be under $10, then got marked up to $18 and now they are back down to $9.97. I'd recommend them if you want a low carb, low calorie noodle substitute. Just add a little butter and Italian herbs and you have a delicious side item that's only about 150 calories, 0 carbs, super tasty and filling.

Aw man, I just tried a package of those and was going to make it a staple.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Head Bee Guy posted:

anyone had luck returning tires to the ‘co? Seems they allegedly have a 30 day return policy but i’m getting conflicting answers

how many burnouts have u done

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
how did you break your tires in 30 days

anyway I don't remember seeing anything about a return policy when I was shopping tires less than a month ago, so you'll probably have to call your tire center. It's also probably gonna really matter why you're returning them.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

david_a posted:

Aw man, I just tried a package of those and was going to make it a staple.

You might still be able to find them elsewhere, but Costco was the most affordable place. At Whole Foods it would probably be $10 for a single packet.

I'm hoping its just temporary. They really are tasty. Great for a noodley base for pretty much anything, including stirfry and spaghetti.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

ShowTime posted:

The other issue I ran into today was all the egg cartons had broken eggs in them. Never seen that.

Oh my god these are disgusting. Just eat zucchini!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The hot dog + drink price might never change but the price of the drink itself was raised by a dime. Of course I learned this the embarrassing way by having $1.25 in cash, attempting to get 2 drinks, and being short. Good thing I had a card on hand too.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the michelin wiper blades did not fit my prius. gently caress you michelin wiper blades from costco. get snapped in half bitch

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Oh my god these are disgusting. Just eat zucchini!

It's all about preparation. And I eat zucchini too, and love it. I get the healthy noodles because it takes all of 15 seconds to cut the package, rinse with water and throw them into a pan.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Yeah those healthy noodles are great for a quick Asian dish. Frozen stir fry vegetables + noodles + tofu + some kind of sauce. Quick, easy, and won’t kill you.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ordinary konjac noodles have been an ordinary part of japanese, NE & SW chinese and korean food for like a millennium or two, it's not a flash in the pan. maybe it's a flash in the pan for american peeps eatin em

the flowers also look fuckin awesome

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 24, 2022

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
oh yeah, the other thing that fucks over konjac places is that small children should not eat konjac, they can choke, because that poo poo does not melt in your mouth like gelatin. it's about the same death count as live octopus. so it can definitely kill you if you're 3

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok no but for real what happened to the tires?!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

ordinary konjac noodles have been an ordinary part of japanese, NE & SW chinese and korean food for like a millennium or two, it's not a flash in the pan. maybe it's a flash in the pan for american peeps eatin em

the flowers also look fuckin awesome

I wouldn’t say they are a flash in the pan, just weren’t easy to find years ago, at least in rural markets. I remember having a hard time finding them at Whole Foods. Now I can (or could) find them at a huge store like Costco. I mean, my area doesn’t even have a ramen restaurant.

But I love them and don’t even do anything particularly Asian inspired with them. I just eat little to no carbs, but do like noodles, so they work out great for me. I also eat a ton of cauliflower rice and zucchini noodles (when I can find the frozen spirals). I’ve even just used broccoli as a base for stuff. Sometimes for chicken or something, or I make spaghetti, or as I learned recently and really, really enjoyed: with just a little butter and spices.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

Ok no but for real what happened to the tires?!

Was just thinking about swapping them for slightly nicer Michelin Pilot Sport

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Used my $200 executive rebate to pick up a nespresso and some pods. Costco version comes with a little automatic milk foamer/steamer so I've been making after-work lattes. feeling blessed

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
chicken breast juice from my triple-breast pack leaked all over my cart and I had to run back and replace it myself :hotpickle:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Head Bee Guy posted:

chicken breast juice from my triple-breast pack leaked all over my cart and I had to run back and replace it myself :hotpickle:

I noticed those packs were a little wet to the touch so I went and grabbed one of those bags by the Salmon. It was a solid call as it leaked like a bitch based on the amount of water in the bag by the time I got home.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

large hands posted:

Used my $200 executive rebate to pick up a nespresso and some pods. Costco version comes with a little automatic milk foamer/steamer so I've been making after-work lattes. feeling blessed

look just because costco's whole bean selection is mediocre doesn't mean you have to choose violence like this

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Psion posted:

look just because costco's whole bean selection is mediocre doesn't mean you have to choose violence like this

I have a behmor drip and a French press but I'm not buying/dealing with an espresso machine. And I think the Nespresso tastes good :mrgw:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I've never really felt like french press is worth the effort so I get you on that, but consider this: aeropress is real and your friend

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I used to be a fanboy of both at some point but I found I much prefer a boring pour over now.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i have and regularly use a drip coffee maker, french press, aeropress, chemex, and espresso machine

all have their uses, get em all

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

going 2 costco 2 nite

loading up on diapers and wipers

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
I drank french press for about 15 years, it was the perfect balance of effort with prep and cleaning, taste, cost etc. But I saw a long-term study that linked unfiltered coffee to heart problems and it spooked me enough to switch to pour-over. Then when I started working from home full time at the start of the pandemic, I invested in a Moccamaster and don’t see myself changing away from that in my lifetime. It’s a big upfront cost but is pretty minimal in terms of maintenance.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Walrus posted:

i have and regularly use a drip coffee maker, french press, aeropress, chemex, and espresso machine

all have their uses, get em all

2nd this

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

french press hater here. take your grimey sludge and begone with you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My Costco had the Sherpa blankets back in stock. They had a new kids size one I hadn’t seen before.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Saw this in the meme thread in PYF. Should probably be added to the OP.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Dreamworld Coca Cola tastes really strongly of pineapples and cum

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 25, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Well now I'm definitely going to try it.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Wife just got a Pendleton Sherpa from Costco online and it owns

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

we have that thing in a queen size blanket and a couch throw. my one dog absolutely loves them and tries to be touching them at all times. they are really warm and good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
an aeropress and a grinder is literally all the coffee gear you need. instead of getting a better brewing appliance, get a better grinder and a fun mug. maybe a nice kettle if you really want to go wild

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

an aeropress and a grinder is literally all the coffee gear you need. instead of getting a better brewing appliance, get a better grinder and a fun mug. maybe a nice kettle if you really want to go wild

I have a baratza conical burr grinder. I don't want an aeropress. I am happy with my new nespresso

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

large hands posted:

I have a baratza conical burr grinder. I don't want an aeropress. I am happy with my new nespresso

i'm happy for you too i was talking to the guy with five coffee makers saying it was worth it

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

i'm happy for you too i was talking to the guy with five coffee makers saying it was worth it

I have 6 coffee makers

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

large hands posted:

I have 6 coffee makers

I'm trembling with rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

I'm trembling with rage.