Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

2 pts on this: new series is on the holy roman empire iirc, and hinge points will have guests on every ep which matt said is a big improvement

the guest thing might be good, it sounded like he knew it wasn't well regarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1562126865896194049?s=20&t=pDPTxqz88LGT5WmSVKTOog

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
he's eating poops under the assumed name John Kaspersky now

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

dudes rock

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

err posted:

Also new season of Hinge Points

i hope the hinge points theme is longer this time, like maybe 8-12 minutes at the start of every episode, and just gets progressively more bonkers and annoying until it's a cacophony of voices shouting HINGE POINTS for the last minute or two. and then the episode ends

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

called it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I still have one episode of Hinge Points on my computer that crashes Windows Explorer every time I try to delete it.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
I'd have more sympathy with the anti-chapo people (I do not want to know a god drat thing about New York City thanks) if they weren't either just rival podcasters trying to grift themselves but less successfully, or being the most annoying anarchist and/or liberal wokescolds who do things like say the same obvious political observations multiple times in a row

at least matt will and felix make me laugh now and then, their haters are just annoying

Tainted_Node
Aug 1, 2022

by Hand Knit

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is bait to make me explain the Chapo's family trees

oh god I know more about Felix's childhood neighbors than my own

Lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Shipon posted:

I'd have more sympathy with the anti-chapo people (I do not want to know a god drat thing about New York City thanks) if they weren't either just rival podcasters trying to grift themselves but less successfully, or being the most annoying anarchist and/or liberal wokescolds who do things like say the same obvious political observations multiple times in a row

at least matt will and felix make me laugh now and then, their haters are just annoying

that it's just dudes hanging out talking about whatever is enough to be anti-chapo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There is one guy in particular that calls everything an OP because they make more patreon money then him. I think his name on twitter is something like Jimmy Falun Gong or something like that. I only know about him because he was on an episode of the Trillbilly's. Lol

I listened to his series (programmed to chill) on who funded Hitler and it was pretty good. accusing Carl zha and radio free Amanda of being CIA is hilarious tho

https://twitter.com/JimmyFalunGong/status/1448472510014578692?t=DPBe5ZdfL_Y9LcXIKLf95A&s=19

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

jimmy is CIA

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

theres a CIA podcaster and he even has a SA account

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Popy posted:

theres a CIA podcaster and he even has a SA account

brown moses has a podcast?!?!?!?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i know you were talking about widdle bobby evans. he's not cia -- worse than that. he's a anarchist gullible moron. but that's a triple negative

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
idk i wish i was dumb enough to scam hundreds of thousands of dollars from some dumbass cia front

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

idk i wish i was dumb enough to scam hundreds of thousands of dollars from some dumbass cia front

Yeah seriously. chance the gardener rear end bitch

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

i hope the hinge points theme is longer this time, like maybe 8-12 minutes at the start of every episode, and just gets progressively more bonkers and annoying until it's a cacophony of voices shouting HINGE POINTS for the last minute or two. and then the episode ends

Lmao

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Michael S Judge is great. I liked his recent eps on firsthand account of opioid withdrawal from a very literate perspective. helpful for working with folks. or even just telling them: do you want to trade a lifetime of moderate pain for occasional total relief and occasional total pain. absolutely tracks in my experience. all psych meds are so weird and hosed in their own ways. even antidepressants can have a life threatening withdrawal that no provider will tell you about.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

fr0id posted:

Michael S Judge is great. I liked his recent eps on firsthand account of opioid withdrawal from a very literate perspective. helpful for working with folks. or even just telling them: do you want to trade a lifetime of moderate pain for occasional total relief and occasional total pain. absolutely tracks in my experience. all psych meds are so weird and hosed in their own ways. even antidepressants can have a life threatening withdrawal that no provider will tell you about.
yeah that was a pretty raw and brutal episode. i'm glad he's back to doing episodes again after like close to a 9 month hiatus.

also shameful confession, MSJ is basically asmr for me, good episodes to fall asleep to (but not because they're boring but because his voice is insanely soothing and mellow). i hope he gets back on trueanon again, the spider network episodes kicked rear end. he should have been on the JFK trueanon episodes instead of that dipshit @horse_trotter ben guy

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:19 on Aug 24, 2022

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
it’s heart Breaking to see a real rear end dude succumb to physical and mental ailments but also all too familiar. fit and healthy people don’t concern themselves with figuring out how hosed reality is. the eternal dichotomy. MSJ rules though and ties trillbillies for patreons that actually need the money. for the latter I loving hope they are donating a third or more to Tanya. if not it’s an automatic unsubscribe.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
in five years all podcasters will be dead, cancelled, or doing ASMR fetish content

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

tokin opposition posted:

in five years all podcasters will be dead, cancelled, or doing ASMR fetish content

Or sell outs like Mike Duncan

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mawarannahr posted:

i Hope there exists a dude with all three of these tatted on him

doing a podcast called mtw book club and it's just settlers and the work of j. moufawad-paul

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

R. Guyovich posted:

doing a podcast called mtw book club and it's just settlers and the work of j. moufawad-paul

hell yeah

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

how does an english version of a japanese podcast work? do they transcribe it, translate, and then have some other guy read it aloud?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

subtitles, duh

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

crepeface posted:

I listened to his series (programmed to chill) on who funded Hitler and it was pretty good. accusing Carl zha and radio free Amanda of being CIA is hilarious tho

I hope carl challenges him to a sword duel

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Oh right

*Looks at thread title*

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hell yeah, was hoping for a show with these guys together since I heard RCR helped Nick attend an auto show.

https://twitter.com/regularcars/status/1562105622849634304?s=20&t=pQPIuf2NknyvzeKZPsVYUg

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Republicans posted:

Hell yeah, was hoping for a show with these guys together since I heard RCR helped Nick attend an auto show.

https://twitter.com/regularcars/status/1562105622849634304?s=20&t=pQPIuf2NknyvzeKZPsVYUg

Not a crossover I expected but sure

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Republicans posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i was watching rcr on youtube the other day for some reason. i think "the algo" pushed it up... hmm maybe the same thing happened to Adam..... a little interesting coincidence dont u think...

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

RCR is very good, even if you aren't super into cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxqtnI4I4c

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The only car guy i've watched is the old guy who looks like John Lennon and starts every video by saying "rev up your engines!"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I regularly watch a guy that only works on vintage mercedes diesels because I'm a diesel guy now

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the E1 James Bond episode is loving amazing

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

it would be a lot better if it was regular train reviews :smugmrgw:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
haha he say poop when he talk about the car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The latest kill James bond has convinced me the third mic is garbage on every Alice podcast

Drop Devon and Liam imo