Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nilbop posted:

Hey, Superman doesn't have a rabbit sidekick!

He has a bat one, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chair is an Avenger??

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

From Beyond the Unknown #23 (1973; reprints)

Fantastic Four 2099 #8 (1996)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Probably just Reed's usual away / out-of-office message. No need to worry.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Probably just Reed's usual away / out-of-office message. No need to worry.

"Hello, this is Reed Richards, I'm out of the office and/or dead today, please leave your message or condolences at the sound of the beep"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

I choose to believe that the tea and scones Jarvis mentions are just for the Hulk

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bonvillain would be a good name for a Bond villain.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Chair is an Avenger??

Avenchair

(I'm sure there's some goofy reason for it but I just wanted to say a dumb portmanteau)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Venus #6 (1949)

Sinestro #10 (2015)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

"Ha, jokes on you!. With my X-Ray vision I can still see fine, and the Cape stops kryptonite dust getting into my eyes."

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The truth is that this happens every time Superman encounters normal people, that's how he was able to keep his identity a secret.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No its his power of super cape manipulation
Hes making fun of batman

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Secret Society of Super-Villains #7 (1977)

Punisher #36 (1990)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is the Punisher supposed to be flipping that guy off? I mean, I assume he just pulled up his bulletproof glass window so why not.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Is the Punisher supposed to be flipping that guy off? I mean, I assume he just pulled up his bulletproof glass window so why not.

I believe it's both. The arm thing is a rude gesture in in other countries so that's probably a workaround to avoid actually having him actually flip the guy off (which I guess was somehow too obscene for a Punisher comic of all things?), and the fact that he's rolling up the window does probably indicate that it's bulletproof and it's a "gently caress you, try it" move.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 23, 2022

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

TwoPair posted:

I believe it's both. The arm thing is a rude gesture in in other countries so that's probably a workaround to avoid actually having him actually flip the guy off (which I guess was somehow too obscene for a Punisher comic of all things?), and the fact that he's rolling up the window does probably indicate that it's bulletproof and it's a "gently caress you, try it" move.

It was a longstanding rude gesture in the US for a good long time as well. It's an early Punisher book, looks like '91, and so that was spicy for the time. Sweet Christmas!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ygolonac posted:

It was a longstanding rude gesture in the US for a good long time as well. It's an early Punisher book, looks like '91, and so that was spicy for the time. Sweet Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sihBO2Q2QdY

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

More fun from Peter David's X-Factor. I'm sure I've seen #1 Fan posted here before but it's an evergreen page.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All three of the Chalker bros outroductions leading into their return in the annual were a wonderfully stupid storyline.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay, who else read that page in Doctor Weird's voice.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

More fun from Peter David's X-Factor. I'm sure I've seen #1 Fan posted here before but it's an evergreen page.

Doctor Wiley: The later years.

Also I wonder if Mutant Rap is supposed to be "generic white guys murdering rap because they don't get it." Or is it a rip off of Vanilla Ice's "Ninja Rap."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Question IRL posted:

Also I wonder if Mutant Rap is supposed to be "generic white guys murdering rap because they don't get it." Or is it a rip off of Vanilla Ice's "Ninja Rap."

The latter. The storyline that's attached to is post-Extinction Agenda (Genosha enslaves mutants) where a bunch of them have come to America seeking refugee status. A bunch do various things with members of X-factor finding out how cool / terrible things are, so that's just hey, mutant culture is developing into a thing.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Blue Beetle #30 (1944)

Superboy #111 (1964)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darthemed posted:

Blue Beetle #30 (1944)

"I dislocated my thumbs, but it sounds more impressive if I say it's yoga."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Actually he mentioned trick psychology there too so he might have managed to trick the person putting the cuffs on him to do it wrong and let him just pop the things open.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kwyndig posted:

Actually he mentioned trick psychology there too so he might have managed to trick the person putting the cuffs on him to do it wrong and let him just pop the things open.

"Hey man, don't put them on too tightly, okay? I have diabetes."

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Wait for it....

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Superboy #111 (1964)

All of Superman's major romantic interests have had the initials L.L.. Coincidence?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Suleman posted:

All of Superman's major romantic interests have had the initials L.L.. Coincidence?

You know which letters are right next to L?
K M
M K
Martha Kent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

why did you say that name

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Kwyndig posted:

"Hey, waiddaminnute, is dat a gun under youse arm pit?"

"No, that would be silly!"

"Yeah, you're right."

Suleman posted:

Lana Lang
Lois Lane
Lex Luthor

Checks out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheCenturion posted:

"Hey, waiddaminnute, is dat a gun under youse arm pit?"

"Why yes it is!"

"Yeah, right. Pull da udder one!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

From Pubic Domain #3.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

From Pubic Domain #3.

I want that tatt

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

evilmiera posted:

I want that tatt

I'm betting a bunch of people either have gotten it since that came out or will in the near future.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would be impressed if a bunch of people already got a tattoo from a book that came out 10 hours ago

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

I would be impressed if a bunch of people already got a tattoo from a book that came out 10 hours ago

I wasn't sure if that came out today or not, but I bet a bunch will get it in the next couple months. If I had a way to instantly check every single tattoo on earth I'd put money on there being at least one by tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It is pretty cool, I can't deny