Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Mr Hootington posted:

What social media do you look at to seek out all of these morons?

I looked at the replies to a tweet announcing the Batgirl stuff, was surprised by there being a number of people arguing vociferously in Zaslav's defense, and clicked on their profiles out of curiosity.

I just have no idea why anyone would defend Zaslav.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If the algorithm on twitter or instagram or YouTube or literally any other social media site determines you have even a passing interest in pop culture, then you’re bound to have extremely online dc bros pop up in your feed eventually.

I follow some of that, but never run into any of those freaks.

Fangz posted:

I looked at the replies to a tweet announcing the Batgirl stuff, was surprised by there being a number of people arguing vociferously in Zaslav's defense, and clicked on their profiles out of curiosity.

Never look at replies and a lot of people are poisoned nearly beyond hope due to capitalism.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fangz posted:

In my mind, I picture them as the people on the rooftops in Independence Day, begging the aliens to take them away like it's the loving Rapture right before the aliens blow them to smithereens.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Timby posted:

In my mind, I picture them as the people on the rooftops in Independence Day, begging the aliens to take them away like it's the loving Rapture right before the aliens blow them to smithereens.

This comparison is really unfair to those people, there's a chance those aliens might have been good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

This comparison is really unfair to those people, there's a chance those aliens might have been good.

yeah, in the face of end stage capitalism, I'm on top of that building because even a giant space laser is better than what's coming

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
edgy

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Quick reminder that Snyderchat is a banned topic in this thread at the moment. You can take it to CD if you're really jonesing to discuss Snyder and Snyder-related activities. :cop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soonmot posted:

yeah, in the face of end stage capitalism, I'm on top of that building because even a giant space laser is better than what's coming

They were there to strip the planet bare of resources. The aliens were end stage capitalism.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Snyderchat too spicy? You may be entitled to compensation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqdteLz520

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I don't think this was mentioned here before - Spider-man No Way Home being re-released in theaters in about two weeks

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/spider-man-no-way-home-returns-to-theaters-tickets-on-sale-now

This just reeks of desperation. There's a vague line about "More fun stuff for fans to enjoy", but I get the feeling it's going to be like that unfinished Smart Hulk bit they added to theater showings after it cracked $1B. A dvd extra or deleted scene or two stitched into the movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CzarChasm posted:

I don't think this was mentioned here before - Spider-man No Way Home being re-released in theaters in about two weeks

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/spider-man-no-way-home-returns-to-theaters-tickets-on-sale-now

This just reeks of desperation. There's a vague line about "More fun stuff for fans to enjoy", but I get the feeling it's going to be like that unfinished Smart Hulk bit they added to theater showings after it cracked $1B. A dvd extra or deleted scene or two stitched into the movie.

It says it is 11 minutes of extra footage.

I guess Sony doesn't have much else going on in terms of theatrical releases? It will probably make some extra money and costs basically nothing. I'm not going to the theater for a 5% longer version, though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Release a double feature with Morbius!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
If It's confirmed to be more Matt Murdock stuff I might cave and give them one (1) more viewing of the good Spiders-Man film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's also been a weak summer for releases so they'll probably get a bunch of people who just want to go see a movie.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i will merely stay at home and watch No Way Home again, and then the deleted scenes on my 4k blu ray copy

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

They were there to strip the planet bare of resources. The aliens were end stage capitalism.

no one on that building knew that and then they got space lasered, so still a win for me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

i will merely stay at home and watch No Way Home again, and then the deleted scenes on my youtube

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I think the plan was to include those scenes on the original home release but they pulled them to justify this extended version.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1562556090906075136

So uh... Flash in 2024? Or they're just gonna can it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

AngryBooch posted:

WB/D says Flash is still on for June 23, 2023.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

WB/D says Flash is still on for June 23, 2023.

Interesting because I thought Aquaman 2 was doing re-shoots with Affleck's Batman because it was re-ordered to come out before The Flash which would have made Earth-1's Batman into Keaton's.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Who even knows what's actually going on at this point

It's also really hard to say what will happen with Miller's legal issues before next summer

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn’t they open 2022 by putting together a sizzle reel of all the cool stuff that was gonna dominate 2022?

2023 is definitely gonna be the DCEUs year.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Didn’t they open 2022 by putting together a sizzle reel of all the cool stuff that was gonna dominate 2022?

2023 is definitely gonna be the DCEUs year.
They sure did, and then within a month they started pushing everything back

IIRC it was Black Adam, The Flash, and Aquaman 2 (also the Super Pets movie but who gives a poo poo)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol discovery

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

AngryBooch posted:

Interesting because I thought Aquaman 2 was doing re-shoots with Affleck's Batman because it was re-ordered to come out before The Flash which would have made Earth-1's Batman into Keaton's.

That *was* the plan, but at this point I’m inclined to believe the rumors that Flash is now internally undated at WB because WB genuinely doesn’t know what to do with it, but also wants to put off the headlines that would come with any delay. When/if it’s officially delayed, I wouldn’t be shocked if Aquaman 2 moves back up

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Also, let’s be real here, making a septuagenarian actor the main DCEU Batman going forward never really made much sense and I’m surprised it came as close to happening as it did.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

AngryBooch posted:

Lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's because Michael Keaton is great

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Barry Convex posted:

Also, let’s be real here, making a septuagenarian actor the main DCEU Batman going forward never really made much sense and I’m surprised it came as close to happening as it did.

I assumed it’s intention was to set up Batgirl or like Dick Grayson as new primaries. But that seemed weird to. Why would you reboot Batman just to write him out?

The DCEU is weird and I don’t understand it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I assumed it’s intention was to set up Batgirl or like Dick Grayson as new primaries. But that seemed weird to. Why would you reboot Batman just to write him out?

The DCEU is weird and I don’t understand it.

Honestly this makes 'sense' from a corporate perspective. They had a different universe Batman series going on but wanted to keep the "DCEU" going so by having Old Batman you can move in other characters to fill the role in the 'main' universe and still have your cake with the Young Batman universe.

Of course they poo poo all over that so who knows.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

funny but also kinda sad

https://twitter.com/borys_kit/status/1562570270610579456?s=21&t=RRFHDLzmo9z72i4I7Xsikw

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I hope it's leaked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Soonmot posted:

I hope it's leaked.

Same

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I feel like whoever wrote that headline was a fan of a certain Warner Bros. cartoon.

Come join the Batgirl family! See the movie that was shot
Secret Batgirl Screenings Hit the Warner Bros. Lot
It's locked up in the vault now (the studio was bought)
If it gets loose then get the noose, our write-off was for naught!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AngryBooch posted:

A Christmas Day release? drat, what did Jason Momoa do to the Discovery guys?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pushing back these movies is not a good sign. It's telling me they're still trying to figure out what the plan is even after these have been filmed.

There's no way they make as much as Discovery wants them to. And Marvel will still be putting out regular content and are already building to their next mega blockbuster films.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's insane how poorly things have been over there. WB has trouble getting good movies out of their trinity, meanwhile Marvel gets people to love Ant Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Opopanax posted:

It's insane how poorly things have been over there. WB has trouble getting good movies out of their trinity, meanwhile Marvel gets people to love Ant Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy

It's not hard when you have People Magazine's sexiest man alive and the crispiest rat alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is because they don't actually have any plan on what they want to do besides Make Money Like Marvel.

Like gently caress, just make stand alone films. Those seem to work fine. The Shared Universe is a giant albatross around their neck that means that even if they have successes they get overshadowed by But The Shared Universe, but they fumbled their Shared Universe about as hard as it is possible to.

I genuinely don't think any amount of Flashpoint is going to save the current DCEU because it's just a giant convoluted mess and trying to justify an in-story retcon isn't going to change that. They have all the problems of a shared universe but pretty much none of the benefits.