Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

silvergoose posted:

Obviously that would be a kanfession

This is what opening your hand for a kan should be called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
:rip: Shimocha got ura 3 flip too for sanbaiman.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

great thread on twitter about turnind down the anime tiddies during the event. Have to say its pretty bad, tempting me to head to Tenhou

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

i think you forgot to link the thread? like, I can’t even infer what event you’re talking about. The current banner event? The summertime anecdotes thing?
Was there some tournament recently? I know they ask people not to use the swimsuit skins when in tournaments, is that what the fuss is?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

FAT BATMAN posted:

i think you forgot to link the thread? like, I can’t even infer what event you’re talking about. The current banner event? The summertime anecdotes thing?
Was there some tournament recently? I know they ask people not to use the swimsuit skins when in tournaments, is that what the fuss is?

Sorry was phone posting didn't check https://www.reddit.com/r/mahjongsoul/comments/wqttay/a_way_to_tune_the_anime_down_a_bit_like_remove/

Mostly its the splash screens from the event while loading, but also the underaged character aspects of both male and female characters summer skins. Its all super hyper sexualized to an embarrassing degree

I mean I just use default Ichihime, only engage in the gatcha when I get free pulls, but the current scroller game is kind of fun

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
very do not play this at your phone or computer at work or in public event.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
u just got mj hustled :c00l:

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016

Big Mackson posted:

Yeah, I was playing on a train couple of days ago and had to tactically cover my screen occasionally. I understand why they are doing it ($$$), but it is really annoying.

The Ichihime warrior skin is pretty cool. They should have more of those.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Very important update to Mahjong in FFXIV

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

u just got mj hustled :c00l:

wow nice! And I just got my first full flush, sad it took me waht, 4 months?

Ended the game on the second hand :feelsgood:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It's always funny to me to play Asura and watch the third person Tsumo a 7-han hand or something and get like 2k points because the other two players are out already. Happened three hands in a row to one person last night, they had to have been so annoyed.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Finally got a suuankou! Wasn't even trying for it that time, just kinda fell rear end backwards into it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I got triple ron'd and survived, AMA

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

drat, 3 player is fun! Going to go for Adept 1 already

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Sanma is absolutely ridiculous, but yeah very fun. Try not to let it ruin your instincts for 4p

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

silvergoose posted:

Sanma is absolutely ridiculous, but yeah very fun. Try not to let it ruin your instincts for 4p

decided to try it to get some quick levels for that tablecloth since I've not been playing as much as I should, and holy hell its stupid

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
Yeah, compared to 4-player silver room south games, 3-player bronze east games are Ron city. Ichimime will earn me that tablecloth in no time.

Edit; Also, it is kinda silly to take a Yakuman to the chin and survive.

Hraathgar fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 24, 2022

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Sanma is wild because some rear end in a top hat will djinn up 13 orphans out of nowhere and still finish in second place.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Big Mackson posted:

i would simply play tenhou

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Hraathgar posted:

Yeah, compared to 4-player silver room south games, 3-player bronze east games are Ron city. Ichimime will earn me that tablecloth in no time.

Edit; Also, it is kinda silly to take a Yakuman to the chin and survive.

Got up to Adept 1 and scored my 5 first places in a row gold cheevo. Need that tablecloth!

Kerrek
Dec 17, 2004

Relyssa posted:

Finally got a suuankou! Wasn't even trying for it that time, just kinda fell rear end backwards into it.

I've been playing mahjong for a decade, mathematically I should've gotten a yakuman by now. It's maddening.

Closest I ever got was when I was teaching new people, and managed to make a suuankou. I had to explain that this doesn't usually happen.

Where's my loving yakuman man.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Play lots of sanma, seriously.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Not even a Big Dragons? I would have thought with enough games at least one opportunity for that would land in your lap.

Also I'm in the sanma-grind crew for that tabletop too

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Saaaaame, on all counts. In the last two days I've been in tenpai for both 4 big dragons and 4 concealed triplets, and didn't land either.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Also same, and while I never found a yakuman, an opponent got to live the dream of being tenpai for 13 orphans waiting on the North Wind which is almost gauranteed to hit the table in sanma.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ron off someone's discard as they declare riichi should be a 1-han yaku. Is that a common house rule?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Huzzah! posted:

Also same, and while I never found a yakuman, an opponent got to live the dream of being tenpai for 13 orphans waiting on the North Wind which is almost gauranteed to hit the table in sanma.

can you ron off a kita? Also if I am building 13 orphans I assume I should pass on calling kita on at least one of mine right?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

can you ron off a kita? Also if I am building 13 orphans I assume I should pass on calling kita on at least one of mine right?

Yes to both questions

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Tamba posted:

Yes to both questions

how funny I was just in a wait for a south tile to land one. Only my second or third shot at a Yakuman

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Hah, just had a Sanma game end with all three of us throwing caution to the wind and riichiing. (I lost.)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Into level 31, got my tile call indicator

Also during the few pulls I did I got a 24K gold riichi stick so Ichihime is getting her bling on (F2P style)

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

:siren::siren::siren:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

wooo!

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
Nice!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Many combolations

Kerrek
Dec 17, 2004
I'm so proud of and angry at you

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kerrek posted:

I've been playing mahjong for a decade, mathematically I should've gotten a yakuman by now. It's maddening.

Closest I ever got was when I was teaching new people, and managed to make a suuankou. I had to explain that this doesn't usually happen.

Where's my loving yakuman man.

I've made a daisangen in tenhou once, but never in mjs. In mjs I've gotten kazoe a handful of times, suuankou, kokushi, and chinroutou. I've been in tenpai for others a bunch but those are the ones I've actually made.

Congrats!

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 25, 2022

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Hell yeah, congrats!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

also how much did you have to whale to get that character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The only character I want is the dark haired biker girl