Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of Kraven, his role could have been filled by Xraven from that Spider-Man/X-Men miniseries who also had the O5's powers.

I wonder what happened to that guy. Is he a mutant? Does that mean he's on Krakoa somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of Kraven, his role could have been filled by Xraven from that Spider-Man/X-Men miniseries who also had the O5's powers.

I wonder what happened to that guy. Is he a mutant? Does that mean he's on Krakoa somewhere?

Wasn't he some weird thing Sinister created? Although Krakoa has gotten rid of their rules about clones, so maybe?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Skwirl posted:

Wasn't he some weird thing Sinister created?

No, Mojo who made a bunch of constructs from Spider-Man's villain gallery:

Note how none of those kids who are complete Z-listers had an issue dealing with "man with knife".

And anyway where did Mojo get this idea anyway? Why from our friend, Chameleon starring in one of my favorite Gambit anything panels:

"But wait! Didn't Sinister show up in this amazing cross-over, too?"

Yes, he did, with his own set of clones (including Firestar who was an X-Men at the time):

Man, those six issues are still one of my favorite Spidey and X-book ever made.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Xraven is from a different Spider-Man/X-Men miniseries, 2009's aptly named X-Men/Spider-Man. He is indeed a very pale bald guy with zebra stripes, made by Sinister.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is his superpower making kraven's costume seem tasteful?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How Wonderful! posted:

Xraven is from a different Spider-Man/X-Men miniseries, 2009's aptly named X-Men/Spider-Man. He is indeed a very pale bald guy with zebra stripes, made by Sinister.

:lol: what the heck? I will have to track that one down just to see how much of a mess it is.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How do you even pronounce Xraven? EcksRaven? ZuhRaven?

...CrossRaven?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Christ Raven

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Really a missed opportunity to create a character that appeals to the anti-drug crew by going with xRavenx

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Things Destiny mutters to herself, like, all the time.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that guy looks like that valiant comics guy, bloodshot or whatever

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I think its X-Raven like X-Pac from DegenerationX.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I will personally give Gillen $100 to write a scene where Sinister does the "Suck it" motion.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely love Magick getting a magical girl transformation.

I read xmen green too, Nature Girl did nothing wrong.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Eh, retail guy was a dick. But I doubt someone in Las Vegas personally delivered a plastic bag to the ocean. Hell, it was probably a customer. She should have tried to get him to switch to paper bags.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1561821988267741185?s=20&t=gnmIewnn1Yf7hGzECcQrIw

quote:

ENTER NOW…THE SINS OF SINISTER

A New World. A New Disaster. Mister Sinister’s plans come to fruition beyond his wildest dreams…AND his darkest nightmares. Can the X-Men survive the experience? Can anyone? Discover how twisted mutantkind becomes when Mister Sinister achieves victory in SINS OF SINISTER, a new crossover coming to the X-Men.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

How Wonderful! posted:

This picture made me laugh out loud so I know the character is good without ever reading anything with them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

quote:

ENTER NOW…THE SINS OF SINISTER

A New World. A New Disaster. Mister Sinister’s plans come to fruition beyond his wildest dreams…AND his darkest nightmares. Can the X-Men survive the experience? Can anyone? Discover how twisted mutantkind becomes when Mister Sinister achieves victory in SINS OF SINISTER, a new crossover coming to the X-Men.

How Wonderful! posted:

Xraven... made by Sinister.

he's back!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

If Gillen isn't writing this I will flip the gently caress out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IUG posted:

Eh, retail guy was a dick. But I doubt someone in Las Vegas personally delivered a plastic bag to the ocean. Hell, it was probably a customer. She should have tried to get him to switch to paper bags.

Also he might have not even been in charge when that bag went into the ocean. Also why attack the normal workers doing their jobs, rather than the owners of the companies.

There is also whole working with Curse, the evil child who saw visions of a hellscape as the most awesome thing.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

I hope this means we get to see the chimera mutants. I think there are a lot of possibilities and interesting stories with the X-men taking those on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It was pointed out all the Sinister Secrets from Immortal 1 were what the upcoming issues were about.

quote:

1. Scandal! Which certain young lady is keeping private company with Mister Sinister?
2. Does the fiery newcomer think that "Quiet Council" means "One must use silencers on all your automatic weapons"?
3. Writer's block is a terrible thing. Rejoice! The muse is going to strike someone who hasn't written a major work for over one hundred years…
4. The dress code this year at the gala Is Huge Diplomatic Egg On Your Face. The Queen is most miffed…but at least she gets to get her revenge on a certain council member.
5. It's Judgment Day. Let's hope we're not being judged for our spelling choices. It's Judgement, you ruffians.
6. Is an island nation going to be destroyed? Maybe! But don't worry, It's not ours.
7. Which blue mutant is going to see red?
8. Acting like being immortal is a new thing is very gauche. Some of us have been rocking the look for a while, and trust me, we have had all manner of adventures.
9. Look on the bright side: The council chamber being white means it's easy to see where you have to mop up the blood stains.
10. Finally! Someone who actually deserves it gets thrown in the pit. Good riddance.
I1. Oh no.
12 Help. Just help me. It stretches on endless and cold. Infinity balloons and a scream is too big for my head. This is a hell of my own making. Hell is other people. Hell is also me.
13+. Everything is fine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

If Gillen isn't writing this I will flip the gently caress out.

Given he's writing AXE, I'd be kind of surprised if he is. Marvel usually switches off writers for different crossovers. Which is a bummer here

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s a crossover, not an event. It’s probably lead by Immortal X-Men.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

What in the sweet gently caress was this Marauders issue? Think I’m done with this mess.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

What in the sweet gently caress was this Marauders issue? Think I’m done with this mess.

You made it one issue longer than I did. This issue took a time detour on the way to "ancient mutant civilization that mysteriously died off soon after we arrive in the past with Cassandra Nova" to have a seemingly meaningless crossover with that old "Nemesis vs. The Acolytes" story, right? I take it it was as bad as I assumed it would be.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Looking forward to seeing the fallout from this week's AXE once things quiet down, I don't think Jean is going to be very happy with what she almost ended up doing

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

glitchwraith posted:

You made it one issue longer than I did. This issue took a time detour on the way to "ancient mutant civilization that mysteriously died off soon after we arrive in the past with Cassandra Nova" to have a seemingly meaningless crossover with that old "Nemesis vs. The Acolytes" story, right? I take it it was as bad as I assumed it would be.

There's an entire text page that narrates a chunk of plot instead of uh, showing it, and brings in some character from X-Men 2099 that I'm not familiar with and at this point I've just lost all interest with this incomprehensible story

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

There's an entire text page that narrates a chunk of plot instead of uh, showing it, and brings in some character from X-Men 2099 that I'm not familiar with and at this point I've just lost all interest with this incomprehensible story

I know Brimstone Love was in the annual that proceeded the new run, and he'd been briefly teased to be returning. Which sucks, because I really hated the annual. Probably should have dropped it earlier, but I was still hopeful they'd recapture some of the magic of Duggan's run.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Hey.. I'm a mcu casual reading the hickman avengers ahead of the mcu secret wars stuff. Was just wondering, is there any X-Men vs Namor material out there? This dude sucks rear end and it would be fun if there are comics where the x-men beat his rear end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Orc Priest posted:

Hey.. I'm a mcu casual reading the hickman avengers ahead of the mcu secret wars stuff. Was just wondering, is there any X-Men vs Namor material out there? This dude sucks rear end and it would be fun if there are comics where the x-men beat his rear end

Uhhhhhhh quite the opposite, actually. He was a member of the team for awhile and they built their first attempt at Mutant Island on top of Atlantis

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Orc Priest posted:

What's kooky is he is a member of the X-Men for a long while during that era. He's in X-Men during AvX circa 2012.

edit: Namor trivia, assemble!

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Orc Priest posted:

He’s also a mutant himself. His smug arrogance is one of his defining traits. He really shines in Hickman’s avengers run as a foil to Black Panther as well as being more morally flexible than the rest of the Illuminati

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

as well as being more morally flexible than the rest of the Illuminati

Hank McCoy has entered the chat

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Marauders has lost me. It just feels way too busy and I really still have no idea what that whole mission was about.

AXE was fun to see Exodus smack down Ikaris, even if it was just a dream. Sinister is such an rear end in a top hat too.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

danbanana posted:

Hank McCoy has entered the chat

Oh right, lemme fix that.

“2nd most morally flexible member of the Illuminati”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Oh right, lemme fix that.

“2nd most morally flexible member of the Illuminati”

Hank (and Tony and T'Challa) are just Oppenheimer to Namor's Truman.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I'm pretty sure I've already got this Celestial's number based on who he hasn't judged yet.

"Justify yourselves" implies "to me." But Cap's been judged and Sinister hasn't. So that reads to me as "Justify yourselves to yourselves."

Sinister doesn't have a guilty conscience regardless of how much of a monster he is. Cap does, regardless of his Marvel sainthood.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Hank (and Tony and T'Challa) are just Oppenheimer to Namor's Truman.

strange went full on at the end there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

I'm pretty sure I've already got this Celestial's number based on who he hasn't judged yet.

"Justify yourselves" implies "to me." But Cap's been judged and Sinister hasn't. So that reads to me as "Justify yourselves to yourselves."

Sinister doesn't have a guilty conscience regardless of how much of a monster he is. Cap does, regardless of his Marvel sainthood.

I think that means the world is doomed since most Marvel heroes would feel like they're failing.

Obviously Scott and Jean just need to shoot its thumb off like they did with a previous celestial.

But it'll be interesting to see how other characters are judged. If it is by how they see themselves or not.