Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Why not just buy those old people socks with rubber dots on the bottom before venturing onto the death slide? I'm sure those are relatively comfy and would work at least one trip down.

For some reason this post triggered a memory of wearing no-slip socks as a kid. Those were the worst. You could run real fast on the polished preschool floors but you couldn't stop and keep sliding due to the extra grip. If you forgot about the stupid dots you might even tumble over or at least trip trying to look cool. Wool socks in the winter on the other hand… every floor surface was like ice, it owned. Didn't even need to run.

I guess the OSHA angle is those poor kindergarten/preschool teachers and whoever else who had to watch out for high-speed child missiles coming round the corner even though running indoors was explicitly banned. Not that you should ever get caught doing it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

FCKGW posted:

edit: this song is fantastic please don’t just scroll by

Yeah this is an A+ pro click. Just brightened up an absolutely poo poo day.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Cartoon Man posted:

They’re still going down the death slide.

https://i.imgur.com/uJSAcH2.mp4
The second girl did just fine :colbert:

FCKGW posted:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

FCKGW posted:

We already have that covered

https://twitter.com/champnella/status/1562138410696843264?s=21&t=oe1GK77CoPP9IRvBH6CfXw

:five:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FCKGW posted:

https://twitter.com/champnella/status/1562138410696843264?s=21&t=oe1GK77CoPP9IRvBH6CfXw

Ok, I finally gave into peer pressure and listened. It's very good and you should listen too

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

The first video in the replies is also quality. And I wanna be the first to say:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > OSHA IV (On the Giant Slide)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ruflux posted:

For some reason this post triggered a memory of wearing no-slip socks as a kid.

why u name me this way, nurse mom

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We need a Detroit Goon to go down the Death Slide and live stream it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Maybe even on a skateboard

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

NDs are just a part of owning a firearm.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

why

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

When you have to spend 3 minutes rummaging through loose garbage for your gun you can't waste any time cocking it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tag yourself.

I'm the AC refill can.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm the heartburn medication.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the styrofoam cup looks like it has mold in it. why is there dominos seasoning on the seat?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

jetz0r posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm the AC refill can.

I am the cocked and unsafe firearm

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ilmucche posted:

the styrofoam cup looks like it has mold in it. why is there dominos seasoning on the seat?

It's called preparedness.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

McGavin posted:

I'm the heartburn medication.

I'm the OP's heartburn itself

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

jetz0r posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm the AC refill can.

i'm the one the only cajun filet biscuit

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I always keep a ton of bullshit in my car and forget to clear it out a lot but I am constantly baffled by the people with cars full of trash. Like, there's a trash can at basically every place you stop your car at. Sometimes I'll keep receipts or papers crumpled in a little pile for a while but the idea of having multiple drink cups or fast food bags just bouncing around with you is like borderline hoarding behavior in a car. I can't imagine any of them have better organization going on in their homes.

I guess the alternative is that these are people who are getting multiple fast food meals/snacks/drinks every day in their car and it just adds up real quick, but that's kinda equally foreign to me.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

ilmucche posted:

the styrofoam cup looks like it has mold in it.
That's probably the spit cup for the chew.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

jetz0r posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm the AC refill can.

I'm amateur hour Skol.

Who the gently caress doesn't break that poo poo open and spread cans everywhere in their truck?

I'm also whatever poo poo-rear end RG or FIE revolver is the backup to a perfectly good Model 10.

Gotta switch it up for the folks at home.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
I am the empty shell casing. I was ready to kill, but instead I shot my load early and didn't even aim...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm the multi-grain tortilla chips

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm the multi-grain tortilla chips

Pure violence.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

FCKGW posted:

I wish a song could be the thread title. I visited Detroit last year and saw that thing and wondered what was up with it till it blew up on twitter. It was closed off when I saw it but it's on a weird rusty island that has a really amazing aquarium and plant museum.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Where do you get a plastic can of Domino's red pepper flakes?

Asking for a friend.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zedprime posted:

Where do you get a plastic can of Domino's red pepper flakes?

Asking for a friend.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/dominos-worker-shares-how-customers-react-parmesan-charge/

.99c at the counter

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Arivia posted:

Aw, I wanted to be the Bojangles cup.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

McCracAttack posted:

Aw, I wanted to be the Bojangles cup.

No I’m the biscuit you can be the cup still

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Arivia posted:

No I’m the biscuit you can be the cup still

Hell yeah!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

John Carpenter-looking duct cleaning thingy.
https://i.imgur.com/4I7M6CY.mp4

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

That poo poo is loving uncomfortable in boots, much less anything else.

There are also a poo poo ton of different variations depending where on the ship it is going and what will be on it. There's one naval rate (abm I think) who have detailed questions about it on their advancement exams.

Non Skid is some serious poo poo.

The answer always to everything on a ship is to check manufacturers instructions / the safety manual.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
On that giant slide does an employee occasionally check that a screw isn't sticking up or that one of the sheet metal panels hasn't buckled up a little? Like I've cut myself on sheet metal roofing and I'm filled with fear just watching that video.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

You'd think they'd have a vacuum handy to suck up the poo poo that gets blasted off.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Cthulu Carl posted:

You'd think they'd have a vacuum handy to suck up the poo poo that gets blasted off.

They're cleaning the air returns, so they're running the fan on the furnace while they do this and it's sucking everything back to the air filter, which they will then remove and replace.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Which SCP MTF logo is this, again :crossarms:

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

Arivia posted:

Not empty quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fell Mood posted:

On that giant slide does an employee occasionally check that a screw isn't sticking up or that one of the sheet metal panels hasn't buckled up a little? Like I've cut myself on sheet metal roofing and I'm filled with fear just watching that video.
Yeah they check for pools of blood at the bottom and follow the trail up to the point of failure. If they can’t safely get to it they close the “lane” with the exposed screw or edge. There are basically stoplights at the top and you have to be careful not to use a yellow or red one. It also slows you down if it does happen, so the landing is easier which balances it out.