Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

she-hulk is just like israel

loud, obnoxious, and something that shouldn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

just watched APOCALYPTO…….. mel gibson is insane and this movie is insane, but incredible. so brutal and prob wildly inaccurate but such a tense thrill ride and had a bit of je ne sais quoi i was looking/hoping for in THE NORTHMAN. bonkers that this got such a high budget ($40 mill) and made so much money ($120 mill), just unthinkable today. but hey i guess northman got a bunch of money too, tho flopped. this scratched an itch with a la PREY but is way better done, way more inventive and original (or just surreal?), and has more vision behind it. underrated movie!

absolutely nuts that a movie so unique happens to be a Mel Gibson joint

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/eeberquist/status/1562541523656658944?s=20&t=WwoS0fNzQZdMbd0yjSampg

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I said this in the other thread it got posted in but this sounds like a fetish

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

becoming an actor so i can get edged by hollywood director olivia wilde

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

indigi posted:

does Israel really come up in She Hulk

Us Hulks will not be safe unless we have our own nation

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m watching Death to Smoochy and it's amazing how current some of the jokes are. they were doing gluten free and seed oil bits and concussion jokes in 2002. it's a little slow and Norton is always better as a villain but now that Devito showed up it's starting to cruise

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

War and Pieces posted:

Us Hulks will not be safe unless we have our own nation

but does Hulkistan have a right to exist

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

didn’t Hulk get his own country in the comics at one point

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i searched for hulk world and found:

quote:

When the Illuminati sent the Hulk into outer space, they hoped he would find peace. they never expected he would return with an army at his back!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelPaulson/status/1562400703640965120

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hulkland has a right to self defense

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

i searched for hulk world and found:

Yeah reed richards, professor x, iron man, and black panther formed a secret cabal to rule the superhero world from the shadows. and their plan was to shoot the hulk into space, where he landed on a planet of angry gladiators, conquered it, and immediately came back to earth for well deserved revenge

also the hulk was prime minister of australia shortly before all this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

men will strap their mentally ill friend to a rocket and Kal-El his rear end through the cosmos rather than send him to therapy.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Isn’t this pretty much the exact definition of male gaze? Like if the camera is specifically focused on the woman’s response to sex then the viewer is implied to be the male?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Hulk actually does go to therapy. His therapist is also a Hulk, named Doc Sampson (because he’s Jewish, and Samson is Judaisms Hulk). He got his powers when Banner tried to cure himself once and blah blah blah Doc Samson is basically an even buffer Fabio with green hair. Half their sessions end with Hulk punching him into the next state.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

TheSlutPit posted:

Isn’t this pretty much the exact definition of male gaze? Like if the camera is specifically focused on the woman’s response to sex then the viewer is implied to be the male?

no you dummy men prefer it when they cant make women orgasm everyone knows that

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Planet Hulk is the best Hulk story.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

no you dummy men prefer it when they cant make women orgasm everyone knows that

in terms of the male gaze men don't care about female pleasure beyond how it demonstrates their prowess as lovers, and even that's not always necessary

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

galagazombie posted:

Hulk actually does go to therapy. His therapist is also a Hulk, named Doc Sampson (because he’s Jewish, and Samson is Judaisms Hulk). He got his powers when Banner tried to cure himself once and blah blah blah Doc Samson is basically an even buffer Fabio with green hair. Half their sessions end with Hulk punching him into the next state.

Wouldn't the mythical Golem be a Judaism Hulk

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wouldn't the mythical Golem be a Judaism Hulk

there's no emotional transformation there though. in order to "hulk out" you have to be able to get angry and golems are automatons

I mean Samson isn't really a Jewish Hulk beyond being strong but you have to extend comics writers some leeway

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I guess Elisha is kind of the Jewish Hulk

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if my therapist is getting out-of-control angry in our sessions isn't that a bad thing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think if you were Hulk's therapist it's reasonable to take some precautions before going into the session

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Jewish Hulk was a bit from that dreadful 'Minoriteam' show, wasn't it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

god why does Robin Williams keep breaking out the black guy voice. he's not even doing a character he just randomly does it in the middle of a line of dialogue

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Was surprised to find out the minoriteam people also made code monkeys on G4

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

he finally got canceled for it, that's why you never see him anymore

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

indigi posted:

god why does Robin Williams keep breaking out the black guy voice. he's not even doing a character he just randomly does it in the middle of a line of dialogue

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

lol they definitely let rainbow randolph have a long leash, like genie in aladdin. i haven't seen smoochy in almost twenty years though. frankly i was afraid they'd drop a lot of f-bombs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

if my therapist is getting out-of-control angry in our sessions isn't that a bad thing

The Hulk's therapist also hulking out is just their equivalent of a therapist telling an anxious person that they need to stop wearing a mask, go out, and live their life

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

i say swears online posted:

lol they definitely let rainbow randolph have a long leash, like genie in aladdin. i haven't seen smoochy in almost twenty years though. frankly i was afraid they'd drop a lot of f-bombs

I don't think any slurs at all have been dropped

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

just watched APOCALYPTO…….. mel gibson is insane and this movie is insane, but incredible. so brutal and prob wildly inaccurate but such a tense thrill ride and had a bit of je ne sais quoi i was looking/hoping for in THE NORTHMAN. bonkers that this got such a high budget ($40 mill) and made so much money ($120 mill), just unthinkable today. but hey i guess northman got a bunch of money too, tho flopped. this scratched an itch with a la PREY but is way better done, way more inventive and original (or just surreal?), and has more vision behind it. underrated movie!

yeah it has the same vibe as the northmen in that these people from history are completely unlike us, and i think that captures the sheer difference in indigenous American societies and how they existed outside Mesopotamian/European history. as long as you take it for the broad strokes and not trying to perfectly capture that history, our understanding of those socities having changed a lot over the last 50 years.

id love to see more movies that looked at andean, amazonian, great plains societies pre-contact as well

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dreylad posted:

yeah it has the same vibe as the northmen in that these people from history are completely unlike us, and i think that captures the sheer difference in indigenous American societies and how they existed outside Mesopotamian/European history. as long as you take it for the broad strokes and not trying to perfectly capture that history, our understanding of those socities having changed a lot over the last 50 years.

id love to see more movies that looked at andean, amazonian, great plains societies pre-contact as well

i thought it was pretty racist. nice action scenes though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oberammergau was one of the places we visited on our honeymoon during Christmastime and it is a beautiful place, just some great views

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Marvel already has a big Jewish bruiser and he's the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing from Yancy Street

Also the Buzz Lightyear cartoon is buried for dumb office politics reasons and they are obviously caught flat-footed at anyone remembering it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good soup! posted:

Oberammergau was one of the places we visited on our honeymoon during Christmastime and it is a beautiful place, just some great views

that's whoville

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

I liked the part where they trolled the virgin into putting Ben-Gay on his dick

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Olivia's Wilde Rider indeed.

indigi posted:

I’m watching Death to Smoochy and it's amazing how current some of the jokes are. they were doing gluten free and seed oil bits and concussion jokes in 2002. it's a little slow and Norton is always better as a villain but now that Devito showed up it's starting to cruise

This has been in the back of my mind for a while as something that I need to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Apocalypto rules so hard. I don’t see how it’s racist, he paints a vivid picture of the Maya.