Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"A neon gate of pain and sadness, Photoshoot, White Balance, Tetrachromacy"

No idea where the pain and sadness fit in, but this gate looks cool as poo poo. Upscaled with GFPGAN

I love how AI art makes these otherworldly places seem real. This would be an amazing art exhibit.

"breakdancing tournament on the sidewalk, new york city, thomas kinkade, dusk, streetlamps"

This is amazing art

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
Im curious to see if AI generated content is going to be accepted as "real" art alongside manmade pieces and not just a tech curiosity at some point. Personally, Ive enjoyed some of the things DALL-E 2 and the like produce more than the average art Ive encountered on the internet.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Monglo posted:

Im curious to see if AI generated content is going to be accepted as "real" art alongside manmade pieces and not just a tech curiosity at some point. Personally, Ive enjoyed some of the things DALL-E 2 and the like produce more than the average art Ive encountered on the internet.

I'm thinking that if there was an intent behind, sure.

Someone made a comic using stable diffusion
https://twitter.com/abubu_newnanka/status/1562032093873393664

Apparently they redrew a lot of the characters and it took 300 images but still, we're in very early stages, people are still figuring out how to best use it.
https://twitter.com/abubu_newnanka/status/1562119036342743040
https://twitter.com/abubu_newnanka/status/1562289318772850688

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Apologies is this has been posted before but this site

https://lexica.art/

Looks to have scrapped all the images and their prompts made during the discord beta for Stable Diffusion and I can easily find all the stuff I made there. This is an insanely valuable resource for Stable Diffusion prompts.

Not all of them, at least not yet. Hopefully they're still populating their database, but it's missing most of the prompts I came up with. For example it's missing all the images I made of "x celebrity cosplaying as y at DragonCon" as well as "yoda sitting in a high chair at a table in the restaurant outback steakhouse, annoyed, 3 5 mm, f / 2. 8 " -W 768 -S 3516339913"

Searching that site for "outback steakhouse" returns exactly one result: "girl in bikini on ipad at outback steakhouse" :chloe:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

lunar detritus posted:

I'm thinking that if there was an intent behind, sure.

Someone made a comic using stable diffusion
https://twitter.com/abubu_newnanka/status/1562032093873393664

Apparently they redrew a lot of the characters and it took 300 images but still, we're in very early stages, people are still figuring out how to best use it.
https://twitter.com/abubu_newnanka/status/1562119036342743040
https://twitter.com/abubu_newnanka/status/1562289318772850688

And we’re only at the infancy stage. I’m sure there’ll eventually be tools to train and/or lock in specific character designs and other elements for re-use. You can already sort of do that with smart img2img massaging.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Doggles posted:

... "yoda sitting in a high chair at a table in the restaurant outback steakhouse, annoyed, 3 5 mm, f / 2. 8 " -W 768 -S 3516339913"

I was inspired...except I replaced Yoda with Henry Rollins

That last one is fairly close to my memory of him, except for the lack of tattoos

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
presenting, Mona Lobster!

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Vlaphor posted:

I was inspired...except I replaced Yoda with Henry Rollins

That last one is fairly close to my memory of him, except for the lack of tattoos

Looks more like Harley from the Cro-Mags

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

random prompts on unrelated images can be fun

this painting of Aphrodite it made earlier + "a derelict space ship" (+ the usual artstation etc quality booster)

which gave the outputs a nice color palatte.

one ship reminded me of Peter Elson, and the results are great

I also like going on image2image journeys, where the ai's output steers the directions of my input

in about 25 steps I went from this to this

Ever wonder what a Jill sandwich looks like?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Emma Watson and Steve Buscemi share a coke...?

edit:

Mozi posted:

presenting, Mona Lobster!

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 25, 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I finally got K diffusion working. It's marginally faster. I still can't make images bigger than 512*512, though.

Also the GFPGAN tool (face cleanup) works pretty well, but I'd recommend being careful with it, and only applying it manually, because by default it can excessively "beautify" the subject

"woman by caravaggio"

The top image, without GFPGAN, looks more like a real Caravaggio. The bottom face looks a bit airbrushed, and the eyes and eyelashes are a bit too photographic.

Also it seems to like making blue eyes brownish

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Not necessarily news, but punctuation matters.

This sequence was made by (painstakingly, manually) consecutively adding " ," (space and comma) to the prompt (until I ran out of space; there's a limit to how long the prompt can be)

from
beautiful woman on tachikoma, in dystopian city, caravaggio
to
beautiful woman on tachikoma, in dystopian city, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , caravaggio

https://i.imgur.com/9lhTRGJ.mp4
>>

I think it's deemphasizing carvaggio?

Usually the effect is subtle, but when I was using the Prompt Matrix function, I noticed that one of the results looked very different than when I typed it out by hand. Turns out I was missing a space and comma, because I didn't realize how the function was naming the outputs

motoko_kusanagi,_beautiful_woman,_in_dystopian_city_,_sophie_anderson__
motoko_kusanagi,_beautiful_woman,_in_dystopian_city_sophie_anderson__
(underscores instead of spaces because I'm copying filenames)

The only difference between the two is a single instance of "_,". Usually the difference isn't as big, but this really stood out.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 25, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

so , should be another prompt you are basically telling it to think of a blank image for each comma I think?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"tree in the shape of a face, insanely detailed and intricate, hypermaximalist, elegant, ornate, hyper realistic, super detailed, F/2.8"

This is the kind of cursed content I love making with AI Art,

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

making giant crabs is weirdly hard

"traffic accident caused by huge monster crab, grainy, photo journalism"

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That Stable Diffusion "open-source" stuff. That for real or some sort of leak they made to work?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Combat Pretzel posted:

That Stable Diffusion "open-source" stuff. That for real or some sort of leak they made to work?

most of the posts here the last few days are using it. or rather the official open source release.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh okay, I can continue installing it then.

--edit:
Can't hold a candle to DALL-E so far.

--edit:
lol

"pink hairy fluffy Godzilla standing at the beach, surrounded by world war 2 tanks, photorealistic, cinematic lighting"

(DALL-E blocks this one for whatever reason.)

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 25, 2022

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It might be "war", I had some prompts rejected for trying to do Civil War photos. Maybe try "WW2" or "WWII"?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

It was the "hairy" adjective. The gently caress.

That said, no tanks whatsoever.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

It was the "hairy" adjective. The gently caress.

That said, no tanks whatsoever.

Maybe fluffy or fuzzy?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Cate Blanchett is Tor Johnson

Joe Biden making it rain

Mozi fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 25, 2022

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Got 512x512 working finally by just cutting the number of samples to 1 and running more iterations. It really is the practical minimum IMO, images just look so much better than any resolution below that.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I really like how this one turned out.

"Still of Dr. Jordan B. Peterson as Dr. Frank N. Furter in the Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Got 512x512 working finally by just cutting the number of samples to 1 and running more iterations. It really is the practical minimum IMO, images just look so much better than any resolution below that.

Don't go above it either, it duplicates things. It was trained at 512x512 and not much has been done yet to help other sizes not look hosed up. It *should* get better with time.

Don't be afraid to use an upscaler after to take it to 2000x2000 or 8000x8000

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Love the generate 250 images in a row take the best slowly refine them in img2img and then do 250 img2img from the best of that.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

Love the generate 250 images in a row take the best slowly refine them in img2img and then do 250 img2img from the best of that.

Yeah, it's amazing after getting used to disco diffusion's 10 minutes per image.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
a hunka hunka hunka hunka hunka burning love

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I've found that usually 30 sampling steps is good enough, and it really speeds up rendering. Especially for just for browsing possibilities. You can always re-render at with more steps (if you save the details!).

sometimes the ai just nails it

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 25, 2022

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Elmo the Barbarian by Frank Frazetta

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
So can you add to the existing training sets? That is, if I wanted to beef up a local version of this thing with a better grasp of my own OC Sonic creations, could I annotate a bunch of my art and feed it back to the AI in some way?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Gromit posted:

So can you add to the existing training sets? That is, if I wanted to beef up a local version of this thing with a better grasp of my own OC Sonic creations, could I annotate a bunch of my art and feed it back to the AI in some way?

I believe so, but you'd need a lot to make a difference

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
To experiment with prompts, I've been working on Ben Franklin's YouTube channel.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"sheep wearing evil masks, hyperdetailed, sinister vibes," somehow got me really weird, but really realistic, sheep masks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i had a bunch of free Dall-e credits so i used them to generate pictures of wizards in the style of various famous artists

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

what are all these people doing? was there an accident or something?

oh hey what's that over...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I used the same with stable diffusion seed trying to refine my prompt and was really not getting the results I was going for. Then I tried a bunch of random seeds with the same prompt and it turns out the prompts were fine, I just had chosen an unfortunate seed value.