Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

Is it just me, or do all three dendro characters have the same burst?
Whats the similarity between dendro mc and tighnaris?

Edit: also the supports tighnari wants are mostly fischl or yae, then collei or dendro mc for dendro res/running the dendro shred artifact, and then a flex slot for a shielder, healer, or buffer. He doesnt get much of anything out of xq or xiangling, and bennets about as good as sucrose for him.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Man Rana’s world quest I think is longer than the Archon quest.

Though it’s actually a bunch of world quests that interconnect with each other. Not complaining though as it’s pretty awesome.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

Edit: also the supports tighnari wants are mostly fischl or yae, then collei or dendro mc for dendro res/running the dendro shred artifact, and then a flex slot for a shielder, healer, or buffer. He doesnt get much of anything out of xq or xiangling, and bennets about as good as sucrose for him.

So tig, collei, Fischl, diona? Oops all bows again

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Realized I should probably be documenting my Sumeru experience

• Ran in to start unlocking statues and the map, wow Dendro MC skill takes forever to recharge.
  • Oh god these artifacts are bad but I have no idea what would be good in the first place
  • Holy poo poo that's a huge monst- oh it's dead. And it drops meat? It looks much scarier than it actually is in practice
  • Oh holy poo poo, an NPC walking and talking with us at the same time, that's an incredible leap forward in game performance
  • (Entering a Withering Zone) What the gently caress am I supposed to be doing (Figuring it out) Oh, that's simple. These places are stressful.
  • How does Dendro damage even work
  • I should do my wishes (Collei gained!)
  • Which one of these artifacts should I be giving her? Oh gently caress, I'm running out of good bows, I totally forgot!
  • (One more 10 pull, obtained Tighnari) Hopefully he helps me find level stuff, I have not seen a single one of their local specialties yet.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Since Tigh's EM is likely wasted in bloom reactions, his choices for major supports are pretty much Electro and Pyro, with Electro coming way ahead. His ideal team is probably one or both of Dendro/Electro resonance and Sucrose/ZL as a flex.

As mentioned before, he's very much a burst damage dealer who shouldn't spend too much time on the field during cooldowns. You probably want to run with at least one other bursty character to bounce back and forth with. I actually think Raiden would be a great fit in that regard.

Shinobu is probably his best healer and can run the Dendro set. If I had her, I'd want to try Tigh/DendroMC/Raiden/Shinobu

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 25, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

So tig, collei, Fischl, diona? Oops all bows again
you can probably make decent same-weapon teams for everything except claymores? having trouble thinking of a workable all claymore team. razor/beidou/chongyun/sayu?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

The dendro shred set works on anyone, not just dendro characters. You could put it on fish or bennett for example, if you really wanted to commit to only using them to in Tighnari's team. However having a second dendro does help out Fischl/Yae's damage since it means you can more easily get 100% uptime on quicken.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The dendro shred set works on anyone, not just dendro characters. You could put it on fish or bennett for example, if you really wanted to commit to only using them to in Tighnari's team. However having a second dendro does help out Fischl/Yae's damage since it means you can more easily get 100% uptime on quicken.
oh, yeah, its just good to consolidate the roles/get a little bit of use out of the 2 piece bonus, and as mentioned the dendro res and extra dendro application is nice, so it still feels like the best route to me imo. give fischl a more damage oriented artifact setup or give bennett noblesse. You could run Instructor on DMC/Collei though and then the dendro shred set on benny/fischl.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

theblackw0lf posted:

Though it’s actually a bunch of world quests that interconnect with each other. Not complaining though as it’s pretty awesome.

Yeah I spent like 2-3 hours doing it and I'm not done yet. I just got access to the village of pseudo-Koroks. I did some extra exploration though; I have all but one of the big map-unlocking towers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, my final dumb observation was that it's funny that we get to Sumeru and oh hey would you look at that, spices.

Yeah we had salt and pepper already but it's not quite the same thing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Says how much dialogue there is when there have been quite a few misread lines and mismatching text. Collei's VA reading "Aranara and the Ill (as in, ILL) Little Fungus" as "Three Little Fungus" was pretty funny though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

New 4* gacha weapons in 3.1 look insane, especially the sword

Kale
May 14, 2010

Haven't been able to do too much of Sumeru yet but I did walk into the forest and bump into a scholar who totally ignore Paimon calling out to her (which seems like a fair move) and then unlocked my first Archon Statue there and sighted Sumeru City in the distance.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Tighnari's not a crazy strong character. But to me he's most similar to Ayato, who's also defined by his weird 6 seconds on/6 seconds off rotations. Yae and Fischl both suit him well, right now I'm running Zhongli as the 4th but a dendro healer would be better because dendro resonance is meaningful and Tigh can get his burst up better with another dendro. His burst is an enormous chunk of his damage, roughly similar damage to all three of his charge attacks combined.

gandlethorpe posted:

New 4* gacha weapons in 3.1 look insane, especially the sword
Yeah it's crazy. Hope it ends up woth cyno's weapon and not Nilou's.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Got a question about crosssave purchases.

I've got some google funny money that's going to expire soon, and I don't play any mobile games, but I do play Genshin on playstation.

With a linked account, would I be able to purchase the welkin thing on the phone, and reap the rewards on playstation?

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 25, 2022

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

You still get the standard powder even if you scorch (pyro) or activate (electro) them. It's just a lower chance than if you killed them without doing it.

It's a much lower chance. Like worse than spectre balls and handguards.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Got a question about crosssave purchases.

I've got some google funny money that's going to expire soon, and I don't play any mobile games, but I do play Genshin on playstation.

With a linked account, would I be able to purchase the welkin thing on the phone, and reap the rewards on playstation?

Yeah that should be possible. I usually buy stuff on my phone for Google money and play on my PC.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Specifically for PlayStation you will need to convert your crystals to Primos on the phone first. PlayStation has a separate crystal pool than PC/Mobile.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

One thing I like about Tighnari is that his skill is like a pseudo-infusion and it also isn't lost when swapping. There's no huge reason why you can't stagger uses of his skill, so that may open up different playstyles as a reaction enabler.

Still, his main thing is clearly to proc spread a lot. I did some testing, and he can apply Dendro 11 times on a single target with a Q>E>CAx3 combo. I'm excited to level him up and put together a decent set because I find the mathcraft fun to crunch. A good way to think about spread/aggravate is to calculate how much bonus damage it adds in relation to ATK scaling (i.e. compared to a 100% hit), then add up all the base talent %s for a rotation and the spread procs separately. Then it's easy to see how much more damage was done thanks to spread.

Example
pre:
Trial Tighnari's stats are:
  • Level 80
  • ATK: 1239
  • EM: 371 (421 after firing a level 2 CA)
His talent scaling is as follows:
  • Level 2 CA = 139.5% + 61.8% * 4 = 386.7% per CA
  • E = 239.4%
  • Q = 89% * 6 + 108.8% *6 = 1186.8%
  • Combo total = 1186.8% + 239.4% + 386.7% *3 = 2586.3%
Spread scaling:
  • Base ATK bonus at level 80: 1346
  • EM bonus: +129.8%
  • Bonus ATK added: 3093
  • Talent % equivalent = 3093/1239 = 249.6%
  • # of procs = 11
  • Total from spread = 249.6% * 11 = 2745.6%
So with perfect execution, you're doing more than double damage than without reactions. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, my final dumb observation was that it's funny that we get to Sumeru and oh hey would you look at that, spices.

We've had other spices too (chili, anyone?) they've just been handled by throwing the whole-rear end spice fruit in the pot. The completely unheralded option to process spice out of fruits is cool and good, though, especially since the local varieties look particularly fleshy.

theblackw0lf posted:

I was not expecting to oops my way into a second comprehensive region-spanning quest, though with less voice-acting. I thought "oh hey a little something to do on my way down the river to the port town where the archon quest is" and now I'm frantically trying to turn down my brain pressure on the whole thing now that it's exploded into choices and game features. Just believe in Arana a little bit, I guess.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

One thing I like about Tighnari is that his skill is like a pseudo-infusion and it also isn't lost when swapping. There's no huge reason why you can't stagger uses of his skill, so that may open up different playstyles as a reaction enabler.

Still, his main thing is clearly to proc spread a lot. I did some testing, and he can apply Dendro 11 times on a single target with a Q>E>CAx3 combo. I'm excited to level him up and put together a decent set because I find the mathcraft fun to crunch. A good way to think about spread/aggravate is to calculate how much bonus damage it adds in relation to ATK scaling (i.e. compared to a 100% hit), then add up all the base talent %s for a rotation and the spread procs separately. Then it's easy to see how much more damage was done thanks to spread.

Example
pre:
Trial Tighnari's stats are:
  • Level 80
  • ATK: 1239
  • EM: 371 (421 after firing a level 2 CA)
His talent scaling is as follows:
  • Level 2 CA = 139.5% + 61.8% * 4 = 386.7% per CA
  • E = 239.4%
  • Q = 89% * 6 + 108.8% *6 = 1186.8%
  • Combo total = 1186.8% + 239.4% + 386.7% *3 = 2586.3%
Spread scaling:
  • Base ATK bonus at level 80: 1346
  • EM bonus: +129.8%
  • Bonus ATK added: 3093
  • Talent % equivalent = 3093/1239 = 249.6%
  • # of procs = 11
  • Total from spread = 249.6% * 11 = 2745.6%
So with perfect execution, you're doing more than double damage than without reactions. Not too shabby if you ask me.
Yeah. Having him stuck at 59 has been driving me crazy. He loses ~30% DPS from not having his A4 active, another 15% DPS from ascension stat (very meaningful qithout dendro cup), and multiplicatively about 80% of his quicken base damage. (this is on top of the usual low talent levels/level gap damage reduction). So a level 59 Ayaka can be at ~60% of full strength, whereas for non-dendro cup Tighnari it's more like 25%.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Well, you can always build Keqing's equivalent quicken team while waiting for his flowers to respawn! :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Well, you can always build Keqing's equivalent quicken team while waiting for his flowers to respawn! :v:
I was! Until I found out electro tanks the drop chances for the powders Tigh owners need hundreds of. So back to Ayato I guess.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Raiden and Dendro MC are a hilarious pair, especially when you add Kazuha or Sucrose and just watch reactions happen. I guess I should actually build Lumine now, she's got assorted artifacts and a Prototype Rancour ever since that one Beidou's fight club quest.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hmm. I think Tigh/Raiden/Zhongli/Albedo might actually be a legit team. One of the Geos can even run Petra. (Edit: Eh, on second thought the Dendro set would be better)

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 25, 2022

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Xun posted:

Yeah that should be possible. I usually buy stuff on my phone for Google money and play on my PC.

Apparently I can only make purchases on my Playstation account, since it's the one I started with. Bummer.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Apparently I can only make purchases on my Playstation account, since it's the one I started with. Bummer.

You have to unlink your PSN account from your Hoyoverse account to be able to purchase on multiple platforms (PC/mobile and even PSN once you relink it after unlinking :v:)
Make sure you have a Hoyoverse account linked first
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/p1joms/how_to_unlink_your_psn_with_mihoyo_pass_step_by/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/opsipg/pcmobile_psn_crosssave_account_removal_unlinking/
https://techraptor.net/gaming/guides/genshin-impact-how-to-unlink-your-playstation-progress-for-cross-save

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gyoru posted:

You have to unlink your PSN account from your Hoyoverse account to be able to purchase on multiple platforms (PC/mobile and even PSN once you relink it after unlinking :v:)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/p1joms/how_to_unlink_your_psn_with_mihoyo_pass_step_by/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/opsipg/pcmobile_psn_crosssave_account_removal_unlinking/
https://techraptor.net/gaming/guides/genshin-impact-how-to-unlink-your-playstation-progress-for-cross-save

Good to know, since I was in the same boat as them. I already bought the gnostic hymn on psn but if I get another some time I'll unlink and use play credits.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

We've had other spices too (chili, anyone?) they've just been handled by throwing the whole-rear end spice fruit in the pot. The completely unheralded option to process spice out of fruits is cool and good, though, especially since the local varieties look particularly fleshy.

Maybe the next part of Sumeru will have honey and garlic in it, who knows!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Barely started the main quest or really done anything. Just running all over, looking at stuff and doing random poo poo.

It's huge! And pretty! And fun!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Traveller posted:

Raiden and Dendro MC are a hilarious pair, especially when you add Kazuha or Sucrose and just watch reactions happen. I guess I should actually build Lumine now, she's got assorted artifacts and a Prototype Rancour ever since that one Beidou's fight club quest.
I've been running around with Raiden/Yelan/Dendro Traveler/Sayu since 3/4 of those were already on my friendship squad, which creates Many Numbers, but I'm not sure if there's a better healer option than Sayu there (Proto Amber Sucrose? Burn my guaranteed banner 5* on Kokomi?). Bennett kinda doesn't work since he'd pop Dendro MC's burst. XQ instead of Yelan would work but I'm trying not to cannibalize my other teams.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Incoherence posted:

I've been running around with Raiden/Yelan/Dendro Traveler/Sayu since 3/4 of those were already on my friendship squad, which creates Many Numbers, but I'm not sure if there's a better healer option than Sayu there (Proto Amber Sucrose? Burn my guaranteed banner 5* on Kokomi?). Bennett kinda doesn't work since he'd pop Dendro MC's burst. XQ instead of Yelan would work but I'm trying not to cannibalize my other teams.

Jean but alas, standard banner.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Gyoru posted:

The third link says progress on the PS version will be deleted, which I definitely don't want to do. In any case this seems like a lot of effort for some primogems, so ah well. Guess it just means mihoyo doesn't get 8 bucks from me.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So apparently Colleis Burst makes Smug Fox pretty drat good with the reaction I've been hearing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I decided to take a detour from exploring to go straight to the western edge of the map to the small town there to see if maybe I could get a good view of the desert. Naturally it gives me nothing. I wanna see the desert damnit! :argh:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Jueyun chili?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
before trade resumed with Sumeru, Monstad would flavor their dishes by throwing in pinecones for crunch

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not really a complaint all things considered, but man this patch feels front-loaded with content compared to the others, there's just so much of it. Tons of quests and things to do, even with the desert part of Sumeru still to come. Maybe the staggered release of Inazuma makes it feel more like that because I remember hitting a content wall a lot with Inazuma.

I just hope they can keep this pace up -- I don't particularly like clearing all the content of a minor patch in like a day or two and then go back to the whole log in, commissions, resin, log out type of stuff. Honestly they could've easily spread some of this stuff out. Again, not that I'm complaining at the moment.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I decided to take a detour from exploring to go straight to the western edge of the map to the small town there to see if maybe I could get a good view of the desert. Naturally it gives me nothing. I wanna see the desert damnit! :argh:

The sand there is cool!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Yeah. Having him stuck at 59 has been driving me crazy. He loses ~30% DPS from not having his A4 active, another 15% DPS from ascension stat (very meaningful qithout dendro cup), and multiplicatively about 80% of his quicken base damage. (this is on top of the usual low talent levels/level gap damage reduction). So a level 59 Ayaka can be at ~60% of full strength, whereas for non-dendro cup Tighnari it's more like 25%.

Apparently there's some lotuses not marked on the interactive map. Pushed me just enough to do A4 + 2 extra without having that one village unlocked or stealing some in co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Apparently there's some lotuses not marked on the interactive map. Pushed me just enough to do A4 + 2 extra without having that one village unlocked or stealing some in co-op.

Hah, me too just earlier today. The 48-hour respawn timer is murder though. It's not Ayaka but at least now I can sympathize for anyone who pulled her on her first banner.