Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Crowsbeak posted:

Yep we’re here. Also lol . Gorsuch is a Protestant. At the end of the day you’re going to have to live with us.

How's it feel to pledge yourself to a global pedophile ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Retromancer posted:

oh holy poo poo we found an actual catholic church stan what the hell

Why are you surprised that the dude with multiple cspam bans for transphobia is a catholic stan lol?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Retromancer posted:

How's it feel to pledge yourself to a global pedophile ring?

I feel wonderful being part of God’s church. That has been here since Jesus entered the world and completed his mission.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fart simpson posted:

we have that practice too. we call it self criticism

i am given to understand that self-crit is generally done in front of witnesses who presumably do not think of a 12yr old boy as having "a fat rear end."

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i am given to understand that self-crit is generally done in front of witnesses who presumably do not think of a 12yr old boy as having "a fat rear end."

it’s a stalin quote, op

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fart simpson posted:

it’s a stalin quote, op

okay, and? did stalin gently caress kids, too, or was that just beria?

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Crowsbeak posted:

I feel wonderful being part of God’s church. That has been here since Jesus entered the world and completed his mission.

So the pedophilia is a feature not a bug?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
By the way it’s not SCOTUS that fucks the demon rats up it’s the fact they’re a party that answers to finance and various software firms that themselves derive most of their value from finance.

Source4Leko posted:

There will always be those who act against children while claiming God’s word Jesus actually spoke of this. I am for lobotomising any who ever take such actions. Whether there Priests, teachers, or adopted parents. Until the judgement comes such persons will unfortunately exist.

Also I see a lot of cope here for the demon rats doing nothing.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Aug 25, 2022

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Retromancer posted:

Sotomayor is the only catholic appointed by a Democrat

Kagan is Jewish and KBJ is protestant.
The only conclusion one can draw from this is that the Catholic Church has used its power and influence to convert Protestants laypeople to their cause, using them as a shield for PR while pushing through their regressive agenda.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Real hurthling! posted:

the drapery of papery has been drawn back and now the tapestry of papistry is laid bare

“tapestry of pederasty” was right there

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Until recently, Opus Dei operated under the unique title of “Personal Prelature,” meaning that its entire global structure was its own separate Diocese headed by an appointed bishop. You don’t need to know much about Catholic hierarchy to realize that this ends up placing the OD on a more equal footing compared to any other religious order or diocesan priests and bishops (diocesans are those not affiliated with any order or congregation). Who gave the OD this special category? John Paul II.

Why was the OD given this heightened status? Because it’s a religious order made by and for wealthy and conservative Catholics. The other major Catholic congregation/order tailored to the wealthy are the Legionaries of Christ founded in 1941. They were implicated in child abuse. Who protected the Legionaries? PJP II.

The Opus Dei is a glorified sect cum secret society for the rich, powerful, and sexually repressed that demands strict obedience to itself, worded in just a way that it still reminds them that the actual Catholic Church and the Pope are above it.

It is the Pope who will put an end to it. Pope Francis issued a Motu Propio (Here) back on July 22nd by the name of Ad charisma tuendum, in which he officially demotes the Opus Dei from its privileged stature as an independent Prelature-Diocesis.

The head of the OD will no longer be a bishop, there will be a check on its hierarchical structure and, more importantly, they will now be held accountable, on a yearly basis, reporting to the Dicastery for the Clergy, the overseers of diocesan priests.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Source4Leko posted:

the purpose of a system is what it does.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Do you get statements at the end of the year telling you how much of your tithe money went to paying out settlements for abused children?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

a lot of words saying to trust the system, give it time.

so far, the only results i've been seeing is hearing about a bunch of kids with bleeding rectums, so i'll believe that poo poo when we actually hear about priests and bishops being cashiered for pedophilia, because god knows our own loving justice system won't do a loving thing about it.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 16:30 on Aug 25, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"believe me folks, when i say that kiddy loving is as offensive to me as it is to y'all, i just genuinely believe that an organization that has expended more effort into covering up allegations than they do pursuing the justice they claim they are commanded by christ to deliver can totally be taken at their word alone when they say they are doing something about it. that's why i keep voting for democrats, because i literally have absolutely no wrinkles in my brain at all."

edit: at the end of the day, you're going to have to live with being called an enabler

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 16:40 on Aug 25, 2022

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Guys, Obama is going to hold the bankers who destroyed the economy accountable and end the GWOT! He just needs time to build his political capital! Trust the system!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"believe me folks, when i say that kiddy loving is as offensive to me as it is to y'all, i just genuinely believe that an organization that has expended more effort into covering up allegations than they do pursuing the justice they claim they are commanded by christ to deliver can totally be taken at their word alone when they say they are doing something about it. that's why i keep voting for democrats, because i literally have absolutely no wrinkles in my brain at all."

edit: at the end of the day, you're going to have to live with being called an enabler
you have to take into account the fact that all the kiddy fuckers are actually crypto protestants, so it doesn't count

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sure they're going after these guys finally wait, what's that?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...abuse/93122018/

Oh lmao nevermind he has his reward in heaven for doing the lords work now.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A Buttery Pastry posted:

you have to take into account the fact that all the kiddy fuckers are actually crypto protestants, so it doesn't count

:hmmyes:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Source4Leko posted:

I'm sure they're going after these guys finally wait, what's that?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...abuse/93122018/

Oh lmao nevermind he has his reward in heaven for doing the lords work now.

He got his name taken off some buildings, Pope Francis' work is done.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Buttery Pastry posted:

just as no true scotsman sugars his porridge, i'm sure.

even if they're protestants in disguise, why the gently caress would you transfer them to another parish instead of, say, actually preventing them from doing further damage by continuing to associate with those scumfucks and allowing them to remain undefrocked?

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Aug 25, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"gee, there's been a lot of our ordained representatives being caught up in this sort of poo poo, you'd think we'd have better standards for who we allow to grant absolution but oh well can't prevent every crypto-protestant from forcibly sodimizing altar boys. the kingdom of god depends on their ability to do that unhampered."

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Aug 25, 2022

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

just as no true scotsman sugars his porridge, i'm sure.

even if they're protestants in disguise, why the gently caress would you transfer them to another parish instead of, say, actually preventing them from doing further damage by continuing to associate with those scumfucks and allowing them to remain undefrocked?
luther traumatized them to the point that they now believe they have to coddle heretics to prevent them from splitting off, and in this case, creating a new pedophile religion that leads hundreds of millions of innocent catholics into the arms of satan

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
crypto-protestant, outside of context, sounds like a dude who gets in a lot of fights on twitter about shitcoins

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's truly sick on an individual level how people handwave away child abuse so they can keep getting confession from their favorite priest right after they raped kids. Like the whole religion is just so hosed top to bottom, and still people defend it! Just totally loving sick in the head poo poo.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of pedophiles, the democrats should be destroyed

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
:hmmyes:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Until recently, Opus Dei operated under the unique title of “Personal Prelature,” meaning that its entire global structure was its own separate Diocese headed by an appointed bishop. You don’t need to know much about Catholic hierarchy to realize that this ends up placing the OD on a more equal footing compared to any other religious order or diocesan priests and bishops (diocesans are those not affiliated with any order or congregation). Who gave the OD this special category? John Paul II.

Why was the OD given this heightened status? Because it’s a religious order made by and for wealthy and conservative Catholics. The other major Catholic congregation/order tailored to the wealthy are the Legionaries of Christ founded in 1941. They were implicated in child abuse. Who protected the Legionaries? PJP II.

The Opus Dei is a glorified sect cum secret society for the rich, powerful, and sexually repressed that demands strict obedience to itself, worded in just a way that it still reminds them that the actual Catholic Church and the Pope are above it.

It is the Pope who will put an end to it. Pope Francis issued a Motu Propio (Here) back on July 22nd by the name of Ad charisma tuendum, in which he officially demotes the Opus Dei from its privileged stature as an independent Prelature-Diocesis.

The head of the OD will no longer be a bishop, there will be a check on its hierarchical structure and, more importantly, they will now be held accountable, on a yearly basis, reporting to the Dicastery for the Clergy, the overseers of diocesan priests.

I'm sure you're quite excited for everyone to get over the whole pedophile ring thing so that the church can get back to doing god's work persecuting LGBT.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Retromancer posted:

I'm sure you're quite excited for everyone to get over the whole pedophile ring thing so that the church can get back to doing god's work

Who wouldn’t be?

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Retromancer posted:

I'm sure you're quite excited for everyone to get over the whole pedophile ring thing so that the church can get back to doing god's work persecuting LGBT.

He always assumes the last part.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

Who wouldn’t be?

absdolutely, the people being angry at an organization for continually dragging its feet while also championing itself as the defenders of children's innocence are being totally unreasonable here.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 17:32 on Aug 25, 2022

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Frosted Flake posted:

Who wouldn’t be?

Is it a donation thing or a length of service thing before they let you kill a gay person with your own hands?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Source4Leko posted:

Is it a donation thing or a length of service thing before they let you kill a gay person with your own hands?

The Stuart heir is an openly gay man, get with the times.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

da fuk is happening in this thread right now?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

da fuk is happening in this thread right now?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Frosted Flake posted:

being a hippie jesuit who supercharges traditionalists into quasi-sedevacantism didnt do in Francis

but for this theyre gonna kill him like JPI lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Source4Leko posted:

Catholics in the US absolutely hate LGBT people in case anyone was wondering.

Good catholics lapse, like a share zone meme. Put up ur saints and jebus if you feel like it, mother of God this and that, be gay do crimes. Liberation theology, iirc, wasn't so bad.

You're basically going to have to homeschool some kinda new synthetic religion if you have a kid and want them spiritualized.

Do not send your kid to church or catholic school, fuckin don't do it. I will never have kids almost certainly, if I did they aren't going to no catholic nothing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
credit where credit is due, Francis kneecapping weirdass conservative hardliners is great

shame he hasn't done ten thousand times more and continues to be complicit but I will acknowledge Good Thing and then go back to hating

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DACK FAYDEN posted:

credit where credit is due, Francis kneecapping weirdass conservative hardliners is great

shame he hasn't done ten thousand times more and continues to be complicit but I will acknowledge Good Thing and then go back to hating

nah, plaudits are deserved for when actual actions have taken place. a couple of papers and gently caress all else to show for it is the kind of poo poo democrats half-rear end and expect to have their dicks sucked for barely even doing that.

to whom much is given, much is required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
'see, the democrats want to cancel student loan debtunder certain terms and conditions therefore we should still vote for them"

vs

"see, pope francis wants to end child abuse within the church someday but only for opus dei members therefore we should still support the mother church"

lmao some of y'all have no loving standards at all.