Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Victar posted:

My extremely small, barely-breaks-even family business was eligible for a PPP loan. I didn't want to take one, and talked the rest of the family out of it for two reasons. I didn't want to deal with the bureaucracy of applying for it, and at the time, I held the I-absolutely-can't-be-wrong-about-this conviction that a PPP loan would have to be paid back in full, with interest.

Feel free to laugh at me, especially if it brightens your day.
Oh man, you hosed up. I got one for my LLC which was just me (I qualified fairly). Piece of cake, I spent like an hour on the whole process and it got forgiven automatically. Loans under 100k were pretty much all forgiven automatically. I didn't provide any documentation, just my word as a business owner.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

cat botherer posted:

Oh man, you hosed up. I got one for my LLC which was just me (I qualified fairly). Piece of cake, I spent like an hour on the whole process and it got forgiven automatically. Loans under 100k were pretty much all forgiven automatically. I didn't provide any documentation, just my word as a business owner.

Yeah, I prepared a lot of tax returns for business owners who got this loan forgiven. It didn't even count as taxable income (which is usually the case when a debt is forgiven), it was just straight-up free money in every way.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Rigel posted:

Yeah, I prepared a lot of tax returns for business owners who got this loan forgiven. It didn't even count as taxable income (which is usually the case when a debt is forgiven), it was just straight-up free money in every way.
It's wild how different the rules are, compared to the means-testing garbage with any social program aimed at workers.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Zophar posted:

This is all I need and I'm happy to have if this is correct (that I'll also benefit from the new income calculation). I'm a teacher turbofucked by student loans and living in a red state that hates me, so I only make around 400% federal poverty guidelines. If my monthly IBR payment drops from $300 to $150 it would do a lot to make the last leg of PSLF manageable, since I also have a whole basket of private student loans to deal with.

Just to update you, it looks like the DOE released an updated press release with some more details:

The main thing that will impact you is this:

quote:

Borrowers with both graduate and undergraduate debt would pay “a weighted average rate.”

Borrowers with graduate student loans WILL be eligible for the new IDR plan.

If you have 50% undergraduate debt and 50% graduate debt, your IDR payment percentage would be 7.5%.
If you had 80% undergraduate debt, your IDR payment percentage would be 6%.
If you have 90% graduate debt, your payment percentage would be 9.5%.

So, you still won't get the 5% cap, but you can get lower than 10% with the IDR payment plan, even if most of your loans are grad school loans.

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-relea...ition-repayment

https://www.studentloanplanner.com/joe-biden-student-loan-plan/

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Just to update you, it looks like the DOE released an updated press release with some more details:

So, you still won't get the 5% cap, but you can get lower than 10% with the IDR payment plan, even if most of your loans are grad school loans.

Ha, I was wondering what would happen if people took out a single undergrad loan for one semester then loaded up on 300k of gradplus loans. The feds actually thought this bit through.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

evilweasel posted:

DeSantis was polling neck-and-neck with Trump in a hypothetical primary, before the Mar-a-lago raid, and was clearly gearing up to run. That said, he's clearly keeping his options open so he can pivot based on what it looks like in 2023.

DeSantis is smart so there’s no way he will directly confront or attack Trump unless he saw it as necessary and unavoidable.

If Trump winds up not running then DeSantis can continue to worship at the altar of Trump without even delaying his run. If Trump winds up indicted or jailed, then DeSantis can run, and see which way the winds are blowing and either attack Trump (“I’m SHOCKED that this man was a criminal!”) or wave his bloody shirt as his champion and successor.

It’s only if Trump decides to run that DeSantis must decide whether to remain on the team and put his own ambitions on hold for another four years (I see it as possible but unlikely that Trump would want DeSantis as a running mate) or actually challenge him, putting his own career at risk.

Since it’s more likely (for a variety of reasons) that Trump would declare early rather than late, DeSantis has the luxury of waiting to see what Trump’s move will be. Only in the unlikely scenario that Trump plays coy and waits until the last minute to declare a candidacy might DeSantis be forced to choose a course of action without knowing Trump’s plan.

I suspect if Trump had any idea of running at all he’ll declare early for whatever protection it might provide him against the various investigations he’s facing.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Zwabu posted:

DeSantis is smart so there’s no way he will directly confront or attack Trump unless he saw it as necessary and unavoidable.

If Trump winds up not running then DeSantis can continue to worship at the altar of Trump without even delaying his run. If Trump winds up indicted or jailed, then DeSantis can run, and see which way the winds are blowing and either attack Trump (“I’m SHOCKED that this man was a criminal!”) or wave his bloody shirt as his champion and successor.

It’s only if Trump decides to run that DeSantis must decide whether to remain on the team and put his own ambitions on hold for another four years (I see it as possible but unlikely that Trump would want DeSantis as a running mate) or actually challenge him, putting his own career at risk.

Since it’s more likely (for a variety of reasons) that Trump would declare early rather than late, DeSantis has the luxury of waiting to see what Trump’s move will be. Only in the unlikely scenario that Trump plays coy and waits until the last minute to declare a candidacy might DeSantis be forced to choose a course of action without knowing Trump’s plan.

I suspect if Trump had any idea of running at all he’s declare early for whatever protection it might provide him against the various investigations he’s facing.

If we are making predictions here, I believe that Trump will "run" while being chased by the Feds. As it becomes more and more obvious to Republican primary voters that Trump will be prosecuted for many crimes, DeSantis will then decide to run without attacking Trump at all. Just let the court do the work for him, and quietly let the primary voters figure out that as much as they might like Trump, he's not a viable candidate capable of beating Biden.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

trump was planning on announcing in september as indictment protection. this would have been great; unfortunately someone explained to him that will damage republican prospects even further (he does not care about this) and everyone would blame him for that and all the other underperformance (he does care about this)

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

evilweasel posted:

trump was planning on announcing in september as indictment protection. this would have been great; unfortunately someone explained to him that will damage republican prospects even further (he does not care about this) and everyone would blame him for that and all the other underperformance (he does care about this)

That makes sense, since Trump probably knows that the FBI is very unlikely to indict him before the election, so start "running" before any indictments to set up the "Biden is prosecuting his political opponent" narrative.

After the election, I'm expecting both (Trump announcing his run, and Federal prosecutions) to happen.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
While talking about the free/easy money small (and "small") businesses got, it's worth mentioning that PPP wasn't all of it. EIDL loans were eligible for a partial advance that didn't have to be paid back, and the terms on the rest were generous. 3.75% interest fixed rate, and no collateral if it was small enough.

There was also a targeted program for restaurants and at least one more that I'm forgetting.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I saw not one single person complaining about 94% of the trillion dollar PPP program being forgiven. Not in this thread, not outside of this thread.

It's all bullshit.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jaxyon posted:

I saw not one single person complaining about 94% of the trillion dollar PPP program being forgiven. Not in this thread, not outside of this thread.

It's all bullshit.

that's cause they were always designed to be forgiven - the loan structure was really just to make sure they followed through on the promise to keep jobs around, so that there was an easy trigger to pull the money back if they didn't

but it is extremely funny right now to use against republicans

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

evilweasel posted:

that's cause they were always designed to be forgiven - the loan structure was really just to make sure they followed through on the promise to keep jobs around, so that there was an easy trigger to pull the money back if they didn't

Literally nobody who's honestly mad about student loan forgiveness knows anything about that. I'm fine with government spending to boost the economy.

They are claiming to be mad for 1 of 2 reasons

1) If you take a loan you should have to pay it back - Obviously not true because they didn't give a poo poo about any other forgiven loans
2) If I did it you have to as well - Obviously stupid statement like cancer guy comic.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Marjorie the Gathering was apparently swatted again this morning. And again, the caller helpfully identified their motive to the police and explained that they were trying to "SWAT" her. This time, the call came in via an online chatbox to a suicide hotline.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/25/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-swatted-for-second-time-in-two-days-police-say.html

quote:

Police responded to a false 911 call at the home of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene early Thursday morning, the second “swatting” call targeting the Republican congresswoman in two days, authorities confirmed.

Two officers showed up to Greene’s home in Rome, Georgia, after receiving a call at 2:53 a.m. ET Thursday about “a male possibly shooting his family members and then himself,” according to a report from the Rome Police Department.

The suspect, who called through an internet chat that appeared to be a suicide crisis line, falsely told police responders that a man “came out as trans-gender and claimed they shot the family” at Greene’s address, the report said.

“If anyone tried to stop me from shooting myself, I will shoot them,” said the caller, who gave officers the name Wayne Greene and warned that “they would be waiting for us,” according to the police report.

The officers went to Greene’s house and met her at her front door, where they explained the situation, the report said. They “confirmed this was a second false report,” the department said in a press statement.

Officers could not see a location used in the suicide chat line “due to the person(s) using a VPN,” the report said.

MTG further goes on to blame the "Disgusting leftists" such as NBC and MSNBC for pushing headlines stating that she is attacking trans kids.

Apparently she is working with Capitol police to track down the caller, but this latest one was using a VPN.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Jaxyon posted:

Literally nobody who's honestly mad about student loan forgiveness knows anything about that. I'm fine with government spending to boost the economy.

1) If you take a loan you should have to pay it back - Obviously not true because they didn't give a poo poo about any other forgiven loans
2) If I did it you have to as well - Obviously stupid statement like cancer guy comic.

Capitalism relies on the desperation of labor, not the desperation of capital

Free money for capitalists doesn't threaten the status quo, free money for workers does.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jaxyon posted:

oh i'm not objecting to using it that way, just giving some context for people in this thread who are wondering "hey wait a minute, why were all those PPP loans forgiven?"

you got your loan forgiven as long as you met the criteria, because they were intended to be a grant - they were structured as loans so if you didn't keep people employed after taking the loan, you'd have to pay it back. it was just a much more effective way to implement that requirement than by a grant followed by attempts to claw it back.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
A new federal regulation went into effect that is being overshadowed by the student loan forgiveness stuff. The new regulation will classify ghost guns kits the same as traditional firearms.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/24/federal-ghost-gun-regulations-go-into-effect-after-judges-reject-challenges.html

quote:

New Biden administration rules that put homemade firearm kits used to build “ghost guns” in the same legal category as traditional firearms went into effect on Wednesday after federal judges declined requests to pause the change.

The regulations require that the main components used to manufacture ghost guns — the frames and receivers — be assigned serial numbers. They also require that buyers undergo background checks before purchasing the components and that dealers be federally licensed to sell the kits and keep records of sales.

The rules, which the White House announced in April, went into effect despite injunction requests from plaintiffs to stop the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from enforcing them.

In recent years, sales of ghost gun kits have caused concern for all levels of law enforcement. From the federal Justice Department to city police departments, authorities struggled to curb the proliferation of these weapons, which were increasingly being recovered at crime scenes across the country. According to the White House, there were approximately 20,000 suspected ghost gun recoveries reported to ATF last year alone.

“These guns have often been sold as build-your-own kits that contain all or almost all of the parts needed to quickly build an unmarked gun. And anyone could sell or buy these guns without a background check,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement Wednesday.

“That changes today. This rule will make it harder for criminals and other prohibited persons to obtain untraceable guns,” he said. “It will help to ensure that law enforcement officers can retrieve the information they need to solve crimes. And it will help reduce the number of untraceable firearms flooding our communities.”

Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with ghost gun kits or their prevalence among crime, but this sounds like a pretty big deal. The change will require buyers of these kits to be subject to background checks as well as the seller themselves to be federally licensed and track the sales. Additionally, the regulation will require the frames and receivers to have serial numbers on them.

I'm honestly surprised that these kits were able to be sold, especially if there were no identifying markers n any of the parts. I'm assuming these were previously legal due to a legal loophole that since they were sold unassembled they were technically not a firearm, despite the kit basically being all-in-one.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
how am i suppose to defend myself against ghosts now

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Velocity Raptor posted:

A new federal regulation went into effect that is being overshadowed by the student loan forgiveness stuff. The new regulation will classify ghost guns kits the same as traditional firearms.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/24/federal-ghost-gun-regulations-go-into-effect-after-judges-reject-challenges.html

Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with ghost gun kits or their prevalence among crime, but this sounds like a pretty big deal. The change will require buyers of these kits to be subject to background checks as well as the seller themselves to be federally licensed and track the sales. Additionally, the regulation will require the frames and receivers to have serial numbers on them.

I'm honestly surprised that these kits were able to be sold, especially if there were no identifying markers n any of the parts. I'm assuming these were previously legal due to a legal loophole that since they were sold unassembled they were technically not a firearm, despite the kit basically being all-in-one.

The rule was introduced earlier this year, the news is that a legal challenge failed. It's a restructuring of the general firearm definition framework that closes off a lot of potential loopholes.

Edit: I’ve crossposted this with attribution to the gun control thread.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 25, 2022

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Salt circle and an iron weapon, Winchester style.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Velocity Raptor posted:

Yeah, that's basically what happened. Manufacturers took a close look at the legal definition of "gun" and came up with things that were not legally gun but were close enough to gun that it only took a small amount of work with basic tools to transform it into gun. Everyone knew this was the intent and the sole reason for the almost-gun's existence but the regulations didn't let the ATF act on it. This change updates the regulations to short-circuit this game of I'm-not-touching-you, so if you make something that will very clearly end up as a gun, even if it is not a gun at the exact moment of manufacture and sale, it now counts as a gun and you have to comply with the rules of gun dealing and ownership

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Automata 10 Pack posted:

A vacuum, like any good plumber would tell you.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Might as well be honest about why they prefer college to be unaffordable. :patriot:

https://twitter.com/RepJimBanks/status/1562820837140742144?s=20&t=vRR8g_XZLJ2TxSdSCtsE1g

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Velocity Raptor posted:

Looking into this a bit, traditionally a "ghost gun" kit was basically what's referred to as an 80% receiver - a receiver shaped object that is only 80% built, and needing to have some final finishing touches. for an AR-15 lower receiver, this meant that there was no magazine well or slot for the fire control group to go into - involved still a significant amount of machining to hollow that out to proper tolerances etc.

The company that spawned this particular lawsuit and rules (polymer80) was one making a Glock-alike pistol frame that, as far as I can tell, was WAY more than 80% complete. it looks more like a Lego parts kit than anything else, so I'm shocked they were able to sell it as is without it being considered a receiver.

What I'm not able to find readily available is what the new definitions for an unfinished receiver/frame is.
Whatever they are, I'm sure what people will do is back off the "Finished" level of the receiver to "just a hair's breadth away" from the new rule.
I don't think this will affect things like the "Ghostgunner" which is essentially a purpose-built CNC mill (Drop in a piece of rectangular metal stock, press button, receive gun).

Current laws seem to be focused entirely on regulating sales, and at some point very soon, home manufacturing tech is going to become cheap and prevalent enough that the US is going to need to fundamentally shift how it addresses firearm regulations over to licensing and registries, which is, to put it lightly, going to be very difficult to pull off in the current political environment. That or the current SCOTUS decides to gut the NFA and all bets are off and Billy-Joe's mowing his lawn with a belt fed machinegun hanging on his back.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This is great to see! More than I expected even. I'm fine with staying the course on 10% but it's nice to see that will improve. The main thing that would help me is the change in how discretionary income is calculated so I guess I'll just need to wait in see if I need to switch to a new IDR plan or if they'll just automatically apply the new terms. Wouldn't want to jeopardize the 8 years on PSLF I've already accrued.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1562534534976983045

biden good

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did Dems finally realize if they do things for people they get votes?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUsin5sSk90

Dick Trauma posted:

Might as well be honest about why they prefer college to be unaffordable. :patriot:

https://twitter.com/RepJimBanks/status/1562820837140742144?s=20&t=vRR8g_XZLJ2TxSdSCtsE1g

This is some level 100 ghoul poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Push El Burrito posted:

Seems like it’s beginning to dawn on them

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

We'll see how they perform in November. I hope they have something positive happening consistently for the next 2.5 months to keep the good news flowing.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

:emptyquote:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Crows Turn Off posted:

We'll see how they perform in November. I hope they have something positive happening consistently for the next 2.5 months to keep the good news flowing.

Abortion is a winner and they could conceivably pull it off just based on that. If they tried..

But the student loan thing should get them a couple of %

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Crows Turn Off posted:

They are still going to lose the house, but its going to be pretty narrow. The fact still remains that the house is gerrymandered to hell and back, and the dems need a +5 advantage just to have parity.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Incase you've been making payments at all during the pause and are under the 10k-20k threshold, ask for the money to be refunded to you.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/25/how-to-get-a-student-loan-refund-and-boost-forgiveness-eligibility.html

quote:

How to request a refund

To request a refund on any of those payments made since March 13, 2020, borrowers should contact their loan servicer, the Education Department said.

“It couldn’t be easier,” Mayotte said. “Just call.”

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Jaxyon posted:

Abortion is a winner and they could conceivably pull it off just based on that. If they tried..

But the student loan thing should get them a couple of %

Absolutely. Only speaking for myself, but even though I don't think I qualify for the student loan forgiveness (refinanced 3 separate student loans into a single student loan that is now held by Firstmark, a division of Nelnet), simply seeing that the Dems are finally doing something and addressing the concerns of their voters really raises my opinion of them. For once, it seems like they're finally not just assuming that we're going to vote for them because the alternative is worse.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Doccers posted:

What I'm not able to find readily available is what the new definitions for an unfinished receiver/frame is.
Whatever they are, I'm sure what people will do is back off the "Finished" level of the receiver to "just a hair's breadth away" from the new rule.
I don't think this will affect things like the "Ghostgunner" which is essentially a purpose-built CNC mill (Drop in a piece of rectangular metal stock, press button, receive gun).

I won't get into the legalese of why regulations like this are useless ultimately since that'd be meant for the dedicated thread, but TLDR: Don't Blacklist, whitelist.

As for products like 3D printers and CNC mills like the Ghostgunner: There is currently no possible way to prevent products like that from making guns. It's, as or right now, not a solvable problem. It's also not really worth solving as the statistics show that almost NO ONE uses "ghostguns" made on mills/printers for crimes. Link for statistics.. There's 90 instances of Ghost Guns used in shootings between now and 2013. And this site doesn't distinguish between 3d printed/milled guns and "went to homedepot and got 2 pipes, a cap, and a nail" type guns.

Why? Because you can obtain a real gun with no effort for next to no money. Why would you spend more money, time, effort, and brainpower on trying to make your own gun, which may not work right, blow up, or otherwise be far more likely to fail, when you can just grab a fully functional, ready to use gun for less than $200 at a gun show whether or not you're "legally" allowed to even own a gun in the first place?

The only people who give a gently caress about products like this are weird little ammo-sexuals with delusions of being the Gun Farmer when society collapses.

Crain fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 25, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cimber posted:

They are still going to lose the house, but its going to be pretty narrow. The fact still remains that the house is gerrymandered to hell and back, and the dems need a +5 advantage just to have parity.

I dunno, the recent primaries and referenda have shown that a lot of people are absolutely furious over Dobbs. I'm not going to bet that they hold it, but I'd no longer say it's a guaranteed loss

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Doccers posted:

Looking into this a bit, traditionally a "ghost gun" kit was basically what's referred to as an 80% receiver - a receiver shaped object that is only 80% built, and needing to have some final finishing touches. for an AR-15 lower receiver, this meant that there was no magazine well or slot for the fire control group to go into - involved still a significant amount of machining to hollow that out to proper tolerances etc.

The company that spawned this particular lawsuit and rules (polymer80) was one making a Glock-alike pistol frame that, as far as I can tell, was WAY more than 80% complete. it looks more like a Lego parts kit than anything else, so I'm shocked they were able to sell it as is without it being considered a receiver.

Current laws seem to be focused entirely on regulating sales, and at some point very soon, home manufacturing tech is going to become cheap and prevalent enough that the US is going to need to fundamentally shift how it addresses firearm regulations over to licensing and registries, which is, to put it lightly, going to be very difficult to pull off in the current political environment. That or the current SCOTUS decides to gut the NFA and all bets are off and Billy-Joe's mowing his lawn with a belt fed machinegun hanging on his back.

They swapped to a factors-based test for weapon kits under the firearm definition that avoids hardline definitions (percentage was never part of the actual regulation afaict) so that the "hair's breadth" game won't work. Here's the final rule for reference.

quote:

Readily.

A process, action, or physical state that is fairly or reasonably efficient, quick, and easy, but not necessarily the most efficient, speediest, or easiest process, action, or physical state. With respect to the classification of firearms, factors relevant in making this determination include the following:

(1) Time, i.e., how long it takes to finish the process;

(2) Ease, i.e., how difficult it is to do so;

(3) Expertise, i.e., what knowledge and skills are required;

(4) Equipment, i.e., what tools are required;

(5) Parts availability, i.e., whether additional parts are required, and how easily they can be obtained;

(6) Expense, i.e., how much it costs;

(7) Scope, i.e., the extent to which the subject of the process must be changed to finish it; and

(8) Feasibility, i.e., whether the process would damage or destroy the subject of the process, or cause it to malfunction.

My understanding is the ghost gun parts are getting a lot of publicity, but this is a foundations-up reworking to counter as many of the futility and classification exception arguments as possible.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Crain posted:

I .

Why? Because you can obtain a real gun with no effort for next to no money. W.

Right but if we ever want to implement meaningful gun control, such that obtaining a real gun would take significant effort and money, we will need to solve this problem also.