Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Isn't there some open source arcade fighter? maybe there's venture bros characters and these backgrounds can be made into stage scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

pixaal posted:

Isn't there some open source arcade fighter? maybe there's venture bros characters and these backgrounds can be made into stage scenes.

A few of them do strike me as fighting game backgrounds, especially the train station one at the bottom.

Fantastic art. Man, I hope the VB movie can get through this storm.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

pixaal posted:

That would be Mugen, and you can use pretty much any picture file as a background. To my knowledge, none of the Venture clique have been Mugenified, though.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/1562517100358291458?s=21&t=rCv2T1Hw0Xw-jy8cfzZwsA

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast has had two of the stories read on it so far and they were good. Paget Brewster read the first one and Marc Evan Jackson read the 2nd.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He died with realistic battle damage.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Why!? Why did you buckle up?

...I don't knoww

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

That line always hits home with me, I'm conditioned to buckle when I get in, I've had to eat lunch in my car before, I've buckled and not noticed until I went to get out of the car.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
24 dying was sad but it was even sadder when his ghost was resolved enough to basically stop talking and appearing ever again. I hope to hear that sweet siren's voice one last time in the movie.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Make the plot reviving 24. He sits up and credits roll post credits stinger is his. Maybe something about hey I was talking to Baba Oje!

Baba Oje is dead now

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

My favorite part of 24 dying was that season's commentary. I think it was Doc who would say at the start of every episode "24 dies at the end" because a fan had gotten angry at them at a con because they watched a season with the commentary before without and he was spoiled on some things.

Also them laughing because people still didn't believe 24 was dead. poo poo like "Of course he's loving dead! We blew him up and had his flaming head fall in 21's lap! What more do you people need?!"

God, I'll miss their episode commentaries the most.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the titular Mr. Wendal

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
is there a way to listen to the commentary now online? in a halfway decent world streaming services would compete by trying to provide extra content and features but AFAIK you have to own actual discs to see commentary these days.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Khanstant posted:

is there a way to listen to the commentary now online? in a halfway decent world streaming services would compete by trying to provide extra content and features but AFAIK you have to own actual discs to see commentary these days.

:filez: I love how they always seem surprised and like oh hey we need to do commentary? We'll we're doing this at 2AM and doing the whole season in one sitting because this is due in 8 hours. Then you get "This is from the future! We need to clarify this"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

pixaal posted:

:filez: I love how they always seem surprised and like oh hey we need to do commentary? We'll we're doing this at 2AM and doing the whole season in one sitting because this is due in 8 hours. Then you get "This is from the future! We need to clarify this"

I think all the ambient city noise in the background is great too. I'll always laugh when both the show and their own voices are drowned out by cars honking or just driving by.

I think for Season 2 they didn't have any actual DVDs of their show to commentate on so they had to open a ceremonial DVD of some kind that had lovely or no audio in places and the video quality was poo poo. I think it might have also not had footage for the ending 10 minutes of an episode so they just talked about bullshit while staring at a black screen.

This all sounds like parody and its great.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

I think all the ambient city noise in the background is great too. I'll always laugh when both the show and their own voices are drowned out by cars honking or just driving by.

I think for Season 2 they didn't have any actual DVDs of their show to commentate on so they had to open a ceremonial DVD of some kind that had lovely or no audio in places and the video quality was poo poo. I think it might have also not had footage for the ending 10 minutes of an episode so they just talked about bullshit while staring at a black screen.

This all sounds like parody and its great.

It's best experiences not sober and a full season at a time (only like half the episodes ever get commentary)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

My favorite part of 24 dying was that season's commentary. I think it was Doc who would say at the start of every episode "24 dies at the end" because a fan had gotten angry at them at a con because they watched a season with the commentary before without and he was spoiled on some things.

Also them laughing because people still didn't believe 24 was dead. poo poo like "Of course he's loving dead! We blew him up and had his flaming head fall in 21's lap! What more do you people need?!"

God, I'll miss their episode commentaries the most.

To be fair to that fan, the show has done fake-outs like that before. That could have been the flaming head of any old Monarch Henchman. But the specific circumstances of that scene almost rule out him returning anyway

Here's an idea for a very VB scene: 24 miraculously dives out of the car just before it hits another group of henchmen and explodes, and the flaming head landing in 21's lap is actually some random mook. 24 then brushes himself off, turns around, and impales himself on some rebar and dies.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

If you're on the East Coast, definitely go to one of Doc's shows. Went to one show, in a pretty small joint, and he was super friendly after the show! Was quick to say the movie is coming, and even more so to rattle off music opinions and knowledge. Was honestly caught off guard in how eager he was to talk about a musician I brought up and could not keep up with his trivia on them.

The band also kicks rear end. Whole crew was clearly solid musicians with a great stage presence.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

James Urbaniak has a small but really cool role in the Netflix Chilling Adventures of Sabrina series as The Trinket Man, who's basically a Mcguffin salesman who may secretly be God (the Christian one)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He also has a role in an episode of Better Call Saul.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Also a fairly big supporting role in "Dave makes a Maze", a pretty fun small movie that I think is on prime

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Khanstant posted:

24 dying was sad but it was even sadder when his ghost was resolved enough to basically stop talking and appearing ever again. I hope to hear that sweet siren's voice one last time in the movie.

We did get: "Uh, hey bud, gettin' ready to rub one out?" in Gary's voice emulating 24's out of it, though.

I can't remember how many times I watched that quote the first time around and cracked the gently caress up every time.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

The World Inferno posted:

If you're on the East Coast, definitely go to one of Doc's shows. Went to one show, in a pretty small joint, and he was super friendly after the show! Was quick to say the movie is coming, and even more so to rattle off music opinions and knowledge. Was honestly caught off guard in how eager he was to talk about a musician I brought up and could not keep up with his trivia on them.

The band also kicks rear end. Whole crew was clearly solid musicians with a great stage presence.

I have always wanted to check out his band :allears: That's awesome to hear about the movie and glad to hear he was forthcoming about it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Not venture bros, but related in that it was greenlit at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F59B9xfWQb8

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
yeah im hopeful for VB if this still going.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Watching She-Hulk right now and I think this is the second episode in a row where she says "I'm a Hulk" and I keep remembering

ALIEN TECHNOLOGYYYY

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this isn't exactly Venture Bros but if you're a Doc Hammer fan and a music nerd you might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZpNUDaxVb8

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

uber_stoat posted:

this isn't exactly Venture Bros but if you're a Doc Hammer fan and a music nerd you might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZpNUDaxVb8

Pro loving click

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
That was great.
I live in Denver, and I was in DC 2 weeks before (and after!!) the pageant girls show. So annoying, drat work trips not thinking of my needs!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So it's a story of Billy Quizboy buying something in the same fashion as St. Cloud.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Beating out two far more legendary guitarists for a powerful artifact!

(Eat the picks, Quizboy)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

There's a bit in the newest episode of She-Hulk that is straight-up 21's wardrobe of nerd poo poo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Are these they?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Who talks like that?!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Y'know, kinda funny that while Venture Bros takes the piss out of pulp adventure and superhero/supervillain cliches in a way that's become insuffering when even the media that isn't meant to be parody does it (I blame Whedon), it also on the other hand shows that people genuinely enjoy those cliches and actively seek out chances to invoke them.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I dunno, I have found this show very sufferable

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's probably because a second later with great comic timing the reference is turned on it's head or we get a more down earth dry reveal of a twist and great now I am hurting because this show is almost over again ow.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I think "Jonas Venture is ALIVE?! Oh, wait, no." was one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
IGNORE ME!