Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
RGOs: Release-date Grousing Operations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Comedy option: At pdxcon they announce that Vicky 3 will come out the day after. Pissing off every whale present because it'll be days before they get home.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Demiurge4 posted:

Comedy option: At pdxcon they announce that Vicky 3 will come out the day after. Pissing off every whale present because it'll be days before they get home.

as recompense they'll get to see a demo of Victoria's Secret before they leave

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The announcement reveals that the release date was 7 days before but no one noticed.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I hope Vicky 3 never comes out

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

"I released it thirty-five minutes ago."

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I would find it very hype if the release date was the day after PDX Con, but unlikely.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Can't deny it builds hype.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Wiz posted:

Actually, it's a release date for the release date of the pre-release date event in which we will give hints about the release date of the release date.

this arg sucks i want a refund

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

buglord posted:

I hope Vicky 3 never comes out
It certainly shouldn't be released until they announce Vicky 4.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vicky 3s release date isn't announced, it just shows up in everyone's hard drive like an occult tome

all the mechanics in the dev diaries were made up and all of them are obfuscated in game, have fun

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I got a secret key to play Victoria 3. I’m willing to share my steam account, so you too can turn america into an AnCap paradise. All I need are these fun random questions answered:

1) Street you grew up on
2) Third grade teacher’s name
3) favorite animal

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

buglord posted:

I got a secret key to play Victoria 3. I’m willing to share my steam account, so you too can turn america into an AnCap paradise. All I need are these fun random questions answered:

1) Street you grew up on
3) favorite animal

Best I can do is my mother's maiden name

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

buglord posted:

1) Street you grew up on
3) favorite animal

Caypybara
Caypybara
Horse

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
But the future refused to change.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Just get a time machine so you can go back to January 1st 1836 and experience Victoria 3 in real-time.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Takanago posted:

Just get a time machine so you can go back to January 1st 1836 and experience Victoria 3 in real-time.

Congratulations! You acquired: Cholera.

Hey, at least it wasn't smallpox.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1562832423045386241

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

all hail blorg

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This cultural map looks good, though I hope that this represents the majority culture for pops in each province rather than the only culture.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

very wise of them to cut off NI for pressing ceremonial reasons

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

quote:

As such, both taboos and obsessions only apply to consumer goods as opposed to military or industrial goods (so no tank obsessions, sorry).

this is cultural erasure

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

This cultural map looks good, though I hope that this represents the majority culture for pops in each province rather than the only culture.

IIRC it's what those respective cultures see as their homeland, the actual culture map is different.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

What's Crimea labeled as?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Venetian obviously

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Vichan posted:

IIRC it's what those respective cultures see as their homeland, the actual culture map is different.
Nah, pretty sure that's a map of the majority culture in each province. I don't think you could have a "homeland" map considering there would be a ton of overlap between cultures that share "homelands".

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Eiba posted:

Nah, pretty sure that's a map of the majority culture in each province. I don't think you could have a "homeland" map considering there would be a ton of overlap between cultures that share "homelands".
From dev responses:

lachek posted:

Clarification on the cultural mapmode: this map displays the dominant culture among those who consider that state their Homeland, and does not represent cultural control, international understanding, "natural borders", or anything like that. States can be considered Homelands by multiple cultures simultaneously and this map will shift over time as the game progresses.

lachek posted:

Clarification to the clarification on the cultural mapmode: it's a Homelands mapmode, which is in this context more relevant gameplay information than "which culture has a plurality here". In the cases where a state is a Homeland for multiple cultures we break ties by population and display the minority cultures in the tooltip.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vichan posted:

Shouldn't those overlap?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Takanago posted:

From dev responses:
Oh. Huh. That's a weird map mode. I can see how it would be useful though.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Mantis42 posted:

What's Crimea labeled as?

Probably Tatar.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

quote:

As such, both taboos and obsessions only apply to consumer goods as opposed to military or industrial goods (so no tank obsessions, sorry).

Why you have to make tank sad? :(

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Insanity. How can we possibly represent America without a national obsession with guns?!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

There's going to be an epic star trek mod for this game. I can feel it

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

yeah I can understand not wanting to give a culture an obsession over a capital-intensive good like tanks or planes or smth, since it'd either break systems or be some sort of free pass for 99% of your pops. Stuff like small arms deffo should be possible tho. Actually, I could see class-based obsessions being an easy DLC/expansion fodder, so you could have your lower classes obsessed with opium while the upper class is busy buying as many planes as possible

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Are guns even a consumer good for civilians right now?

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Can't wait for the modern day mod to give American pops an obsession over fighter jets.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SoggyBobcat posted:

Can't wait for the modern day mod to give American pops an obsession over fighter jets.

f-35 requiring 100 units of fighter jet per actual jet produced, the public loves it and demands more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Are guns even a consumer good for civilians right now?

No, which is why Americans cannot be obsessed with guns.