Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
idgi Xenoblade 3 is already out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
They're porting elden ring to the switch?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

KingSlime posted:

They're porting Breath of the Wild 2 to the switch Pro?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It's a Xenoblade 3 direct?!?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Direct: We're going to focus on Splatoon 3 single player, then talk about Harvestella.

Chat: Are they showing multiplayer??

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Direct: We're going to focus on Splatoon 3 single player, then talk about Harvestella.

Chat: Are they showing multiplayer??

The "Craigslist buyer" level of intelligence.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hell yea, splatoon 3 has locker inventory tetris

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

finally, time for the goty gameplay.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

already it runs better than Rune Factory 5 on switch, lol

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

So they're just going to avoid mentioning the 7-foot tall armored buff unit in heels following her around?

Edit: Ah my bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Morpheus posted:

So they're just going to avoid mentioning the 7-foot tall armored buff unit in heels following her around?
the character was mentioned when they recapped chapter one

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/24/23319847/nintendo-switch-denuvo-drm-anti-cheat-software-emulated-games-pc

Angory

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

anime as gently caress and I'm down to clown with this game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

looks like a mixture of rune factory and atelier-style gathering. hell yea

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Did they mention if there's any character customization, or are you always playing this pink-haired woman?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Morpheus posted:

Did they mention if there's any character customization, or are you always playing this pink-haired woman?
i think the character's hair is already different from how it looked in the original trailer so I assume so

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

harvestella looks great!!!! i'm gonna play it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

looking forward to farming some carrops and cucumbles

Square seems to understand the Switch hardware better than any other Nintendo partner, I think crystal chronicles is the one game of theirs with major issues and it's not great on any platform

I'm honestly impressed with the visuals and performance for a pre-release game here... i assume it's doing some dynamic resolution shenanigans but it's pretty subtle

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this is so pointless lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a quixotic unicorm.....

e: harvestella overall looks pretty darn good, and seems to run pretty well on switch too

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 25, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's up just got here.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

KingSlime posted:

They're porting elden ring to the switch?

God drat elden ring is a good game.

I’m stoked for Splat3 this weekend, stuck on a work trip with my switch so here we gooo.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Have you played Axiom Verge?

I know AV isn't everyone's favorite game around here but I really enjoyed it because it feels like NES Metroid in a way that no other game--not even other Metroids--can pull off.

To add support to this (I haven't played AV 2 yet, so I have no idea if that one sours the first one or something): Axiom Verge is a game that Metroid fans should check out. It has some problems during midgame imo in regard to guiding the player through an exploration-driven game, but visuals, soundtrack and gameplay are really good! The story is very interesting and I really enjoyed the way it was told (and was not told).

I can only assume it's on sale a lot? Get it if you like Super Metroid or any of the non-Dread 2D Metroids (I mean, also get it if you love Dread, it's just way closer to the 16 and 8 bit era).

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Rolo posted:

God drat elden ring is a good game.

I’m stoked for Splat3 this weekend, stuck on a work trip with my switch so here we gooo.

I can't wait to get utterly destroyed by veterans with eight years of experience with the franchise :shepicide:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m gonna paint roller some pretty colors and die/lose every little bit.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've recently started Fire Emblem Three Houses having bought it second hand years ago and never getting round to it. I'm having a lot of fun, even though there's a large amount of systems I don't fully understand yet and there's an almost overwhelming amount of choice in terms of how to teach and train and develop my students. I'm playing hard classic mode as I think that was the thread consensus most fun way to play.

When it comes to monastery quests and gifting people things/returning lost items, how am I expected to know what everyone likes? I know you can see all of that info for your own house but it seems like for the rest you can't. Am I just expected to run around trying every item with everyone or is this an instance where I should just look it up in a guide?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

My favorite thing about Three Houses is they still use classic RPG dialog boxes with 2D character portraits even in scenes that are fully voiced and animated with an engine that can render the characters in exactly the same level of detail.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Harvestella looks insanely good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

McCracAttack posted:

My favorite thing about Three Houses is they still use classic RPG dialog boxes with 2D character portraits even in scenes that are fully voiced and animated with an engine that can render the characters in exactly the same level of detail.

that's cause anime portraits are better than 3d models no matter the quality of the latter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

my favorite thing about three houses is the dialogue scenes that inexplicably take place inside a tiny cylinder with a jpg of a classroom stretched across it (they change this in three hopes, sadly)

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

tuo posted:

To add support to this (I haven't played AV 2 yet, so I have no idea if that one sours the first one or something): Axiom Verge is a game that Metroid fans should check out. It has some problems during midgame imo in regard to guiding the player through an exploration-driven game, but visuals, soundtrack and gameplay are really good! The story is very interesting and I really enjoyed the way it was told (and was not told).
Forgot to mention that AV is one of the best games to play on an OLED Switch--the vibrant mode really makes it pop.

Regarding AV2: if you liked the lore in Axiom Verge I think the sequel is worth playing for that alone. Otherwise I think it's a good game but you have to set your expectations. It's not run-and-gun like the original--the combat is mostly melee and the game is probably more platforming and puzzle-solving in general. It takes a bit of time to get into (although again, if you're into lore I think the intro is pretty good). Unlike the first AV, (and trying to avoid spoiling much), "most" of the game takes place in an Earth-like world with more conventional environments than what you find in AV. If that sounds boring though, well, again what I'm trying to avoid spoiling makes up for it?

Regarding my previous statement about the vision of a solo-artist, if you know much about Tom Happ's situation and in particular the challenges his son is facing, AV2 explores existentialism pretty deeply (even more so than the first) and just knowing what his real-life situation is makes it even more meaningful.

Also, even if you end up not really liking AV2 you could do worse than tossing $20 towards a family that's struggling with multiple health challenges and for which AV/AV2 sales is currently their only/long-term income plan. I mean, he's not asking for your charity, but know that it's going towards a man who is doing everything he can to provide as a husband and father, as opposed to giving $20 to Activision or whatever.

I've said it before, but I played three Metroidvanias back-to-back last year: Ender Lilies, AV2, and Dread, and of those Dread was actually my least favorite of the three. Which isn't to say something bad about Dread, but it was a game that basically just met my expectations for it while the other two exceeded them.

tuo posted:

I can only assume it's on sale a lot?
AV goes on sale for $9.99 during most eShop sales.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I thought AV2 was generally better than AV1 but it does have some weird design choices (like the boss battles that are hilariously easy and also you can just walk past them) and the ending is insanely abrupt and unsatisfying

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Fuuuuuuck Kirby is so GOTY. My daughter was squealing in delight at a certain tense boss fight.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like kirby

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Boss battles were something of a weakness in AV. I thought the boss designs were pretty cool, but most of them are bullet sponges.

Yes the bosses in AV2 are optional but Tom deliberately didn't want the bosses to serve as a brick-wall for those with accessibility issues. I mean, it's an exploratory platformer that requires precision from time to time so I'm not sure it's an inherently accessible game, but within those confines, sure.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GOTY already.

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin/status/1562897471889887232?t=ioAqbu3blQLqhUOGZ5Nfvg&s=09

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

djfooboo posted:

Fuuuuuuck Kirby is so GOTY. My daughter was squealing in delight at a certain tense boss fight.
Yeah! My daughter will only do co op in town with me. When I convince her to try a level, she runs back to the start, because she doesn't like "all the villains". She just like chilling with the waddle dees.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

This is the exact point i uninstalled it lol. I have since reinstalled and think it is good again tho

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Boss battles were something of a weakness in AV. I thought the boss designs were pretty cool, but most of them are bullet sponges.

Yes the bosses in AV2 are optional but Tom deliberately didn't want the bosses to serve as a brick-wall for those with accessibility issues. I mean, it's an exploratory platformer that requires precision from time to time so I'm not sure it's an inherently accessible game, but within those confines, sure.

thar sounds all well and good except the bosses in AV2 are such pushovers that they could never serve as a brick wall in a million years and the only one that is even a bit difficult is also the only unskippable one lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If anyone needs a Nintendo Online Trial: E09NS6PDMGQLNGXK