Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Vizuyos posted:

there's reportedly a few bugs like quest battles not working right, but a lot of factions don't care about that and people are having a blast

hell yeah. finally getting what we deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Does the AI consider the strength of their target’s military allies when deciding to declare war? It would be weird if they make a calculation there and not for vassals. When I did ME campaigns with the game 1 baddies who are tasking with wiping the Empire, I apparently avoided war with factions who hated me, like Thorgrim, because Malekith was a huge power on the other side of them map. It seems weird that would be weighted so heavily and being friends with a vassal’s lord.

I can understand the AI liking you but having it out for a faction you vassalize due to previous bad blood or natural animosity, but Nakai’s vassals can’t threaten them and there should be no more or less animosity than what they have for you.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I'm losing a lot more in the battles I actually play with Kislev compared to the computer's autoresolve, so I suspect I'm just very bad at this game.

Also I started a Throt campaign because my son wanted to watch mutant rat guys instead, and I'm getting nothing but decisive victories so far, rat wolves and gutter runners are nuts for taking small settlement points. That said I'm kind of sad that Throt is right there where my Kislev game was, but on the IE map so at least the non Kislev factions are different.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Reckon we'll get Chaos Dwarfs this year or this that a spring 2023 thing

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Sega 32X posted:

I'm losing a lot more in the battles I actually play with Kislev compared to the computer's autoresolve, so I suspect I'm just very bad at this game.

Also I started a Throt campaign because my son wanted to watch mutant rat guys instead, and I'm getting nothing but decisive victories so far, rat wolves and gutter runners are nuts for taking small settlement points. That said I'm kind of sad that Throt is right there where my Kislev game was, but on the IE map so at least the non Kislev factions are different.

In general the autoresolve favors ranged troops. For one thing, iirc it assumes all of the ranged units fire all of their ammunition during the battle.

When all of your troops are ranged this has some effect on autoresolve balance.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Carcer posted:

Arghy ignoring: Quarrelers, flame throwers, flame artillery, grudgethrowers, gyrobombers, rangers, organ guns, iron breakers with blasting charges, normal iron breakers and the grenade launching dwarves.

Ignoring the continued and increasing he simply doesn't actually play the game, playing without half the roster is extremely lol.

T3 minor settlement with walls + ranger station you got, 1 grudge thrower, 2 quarrelers, 2 miners with blasting charges, 2 regular miners, 1 ranger with great weapons, 1 long beard, and the rest are dwarf warriors. Grudge thrower is useless in a cluttered city so you got 2 quarrelers and 2 blasting charges because if you didn't know dwarf warriors got 28 loving weapon strength so they're not killing anything anytime soon. I used the ranged to try and snipe lords while my blasting charges got around 100 kills each but against a 20 stack with heroes you're hosed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Arghy posted:

T3 minor settlement with walls + ranger station you got, 1 grudge thrower, 2 quarrelers, 2 miners with blasting charges, 2 regular miners, 1 ranger with great weapons, 1 long beard, and the rest are dwarf warriors. Grudge thrower is useless in a cluttered city so you got 2 quarrelers and 2 blasting charges because if you didn't know dwarf warriors got 28 loving weapon strength so they're not killing anything anytime soon. I used the ranged to try and snipe lords while my blasting charges got around 100 kills each but against a 20 stack with heroes you're hosed.

Give

Me

The

Save

File

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
he did say it was two stacks like what minor settlement in wh2 was fighting that off? troll postin in full force

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is the auto resolve calculator being broken something that is also bugged? I'm getting my non dark fortress settlements attacked by full stacks as festus and its giving me victories...

I mean, the attacking army isn't made up of great units I guess but I dunno if that should even be a victory at all

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Both armies are dogshit and you're on the defense, so it might wiggle just enough

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Do we still do mod challenges?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

he did say it was two stacks like what minor settlement in wh2 was fighting that off? troll postin in full force

Oh sure but I'm sticking with my "put up or shut up" position

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Grumio posted:

In the beforetimes the dlc schedule was like 4-6 months so a December drop is possible, but who knows with how screwy things got after the bad launch

edit: there will definitely be a Chorf mod to tide you over

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Jeez Grimgor is pretty unstoppable isn’t he. Just him and a pile of Black Orks tearing apart the badlands.

Not in my Ghorst campaign. At turn 50 he has 4 settlements, and I haven't even fought him yet. Even the Dark Lands Orcs minor faction was bigger than that. I'm guessing Kholek has been giving him the business.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Oh sure but I'm sticking with my "put up or shut up" position

oh I agree with you. I think he has an unreasonable expectation that he should have been able to fend that off. then is trying to play it off as a fault with the game

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Getting a CTD whenever I try to do Valkia's quest battle which is annoying. I'm still having a blast with the revamped WoC and the lady who's too angry to stay dead.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dwarfs should not be able to be attacked because they should be able to just close the doors.

It is very lore inaccurate that anyone would be able to kill a dwarf if the dwarf did not want to be killed, actually.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Playing a Nakai campaign now. Punchbros rule. I'm glad to see a Vampire Counts faction in Cathay but I hope they get updated so they don't all have generic German-esque names. Weird to see "Rodrik zu Bussendorf" out in Cathay.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Grumio posted:

If memory serves, the roadmap called for "3.0" (aka Chorfs) either late 2022 or early 2023, depending on how much and what kind of work needs to be done on IE. Presumably, though, they've got their artists, designers, and some coders working on Chorfs now while they iron out any IE bugs/issues/oversights. We know CA has said that they now have two DLC teams working in tandem for WH3, so it's possible that they could speed up the content drops from the usual 6 month cycle that they had in WH2.

It probably just depends on their resources (time, especially) and what exactly needs to be done. I suspect IE took a lot, but they nailed it, and now that that foundation seems solid (aside from a few warts) they should be able to transition to focusing on DLC.

In other words, I'm hoping Chorfs by Christmas, but who the gently caress knows?

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I got short campaign victory with Drycha on turn 68. I'll probably cut it here since the unique quest is broken but game good fam

I spun the wheel again and it gave me Kholek :getin:

While your objectives push you East, and you should go there, you need to immediately loving crush Grimgor before he starts deathballing. There is nothing to really contain him presently and if you ignore him, he can become a rather annoying loving issue if you're fully committed to the Cathay hell war. Kholek doesn't need to do it personally, although his starting stack and build makes him great at putting Grimgor down before he can get going, but you absolutely do need to send someone down to deal with him. A Chaos Lord of Fire or Shadows works quite well, and endlessly smashing into orcs is GREAT for leveling your warband.

WoC benefit from punching bags more than most factions, although I've found the best general way to create one is to try and corner someone without a lot of options into two or three minor settlements. That prevents them from making any scary stacks, but gives them enough resources to keep building stacks for you to mess with. Just kind of ping pong between different settlements being a terror and making your next deadly chaos stack, then send it into a new direction to conquer while your next noob stack lines up.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is the auto resolve calculator being broken something that is also bugged? I'm getting my non dark fortress settlements attacked by full stacks as festus and its giving me victories...

I mean, the attacking army isn't made up of great units I guess but I dunno if that should even be a victory at all

If he gets Nurgle towers, you will absolutely win that fight. Nurgle towers are insane and need to be toned down now that Nurgle has a better roster to pick from. If he doesn't...gently caress if I know?

Edit: Just noticed the enemy stack is widely damaged, even if not badly. AR is heavily penalizing damaged units right now for some reason, so it might be that. I suspect this is unintended behavior - it makes a lot of corruption and plague factions much stronger than they probably should be on the defensive.

TaintedBalance fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 25, 2022

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
50 turns on hard and I haven't had to do a manual battle yet as Archaon :geno:

It's completely mindless. The A.I is so passive and I can just autoresolve every single battle

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that was about my experience too. Already shelved it again honestly.

It's a step in the right direction I guess and there are some good decisions but it needs a lot more work and I don't know if I can ever put up with vanilla balancing and how shallow the strategic game is.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Arghy posted:

First off, present a save or it didn't happen. I functionally do not believe you on face value.

Secondly using your quarrelers to try to snipe out lords is a profound waste. Unless it's both a large size and has low to no armor it'll be both too inaccurate and do too little damage to matter. Sniping is better to do with thunders. Use your quarrelers to shoot up light infantry and counter shoot enemy ranged.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

For all that I am really enjoying IE, so far the Long Campaign conditions I've seen are completely wack. Kairos needed to essentially wipe out all the other chaos factions, which would require near-world domination as far as I could tell. Nakai, whose whole draw for me was seeing new Cathay, has a long victory objective to... take over Lustria. If there's one thing the other lizard factions have definitively covered, it's fuckin Lustria.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone playing Azazel in ROC campaign? Just wanted a gut check on what I'm doing.

I beat the first guy and guy the Dark Fortress, took the settlement and gave it to him since he's my vassal now. Got a full stack and moved over to the Dragon Gate, but the Cathay guy has a full stack there so it says it would be a Defeat. I sieged to build some vehicles but he sallied out so I had to run.

Went down to the other gate where he has a 15 stack but my attrition is keeping him at bay while I build vehicles. Just seems slow since I'm at turn 20 I think with nothing really to show for it.

I saw someone else asking about taking settlements as Valkia, and the recommendation was to keep the Dark Fortresses and gift the rest to vassals. I figured that applied here, but how do I get an economy going with just one settlement for awhile? And if it's just the DFs, wouldn't they be very spread out without my own territory between? I think this is the "Tall" approach? Haven't always understood it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Muscle Tracer posted:

For all that I am really enjoying IE, so far the Long Campaign conditions I've seen are completely wack. Kairos needed to essentially wipe out all the other chaos factions, which would require near-world domination as far as I could tell. Nakai, whose whole draw for me was seeing new Cathay, has a long victory objective to... take over Lustria. If there's one thing the other lizard factions have definitively covered, it's fuckin Lustria.

Long victory are shared among all lords of a race. It's not lord specific.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Muscle Tracer posted:

All long campaign victory conditions are tied to a specific race, not faction. So it makes some sense that the overall lizardmen goal is to take over Lustria, since it would be a natural goal of most lizardmen factions. But those are not fitting goals for Nakai, and other LLs far from their races natural home fare no better (Imrik & Teclis, Lokhir, Ghorst, Grombrindal, Volkmar, Snkitch, etc.). CA clearly needs to overhaul the victory conditions for those LLs.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone playing Azazel in ROC campaign? Just wanted a gut check on what I'm doing.

I beat the first guy and guy the Dark Fortress, took the settlement and gave it to him since he's my vassal now. Got a full stack and moved over to the Dragon Gate, but the Cathay guy has a full stack there so it says it would be a Defeat. I sieged to build some vehicles but he sallied out so I had to run.

Went down to the other gate where he has a 15 stack but my attrition is keeping him at bay while I build vehicles. Just seems slow since I'm at turn 20 I think with nothing really to show for it.

I saw someone else asking about taking settlements as Valkia, and the recommendation was to keep the Dark Fortresses and gift the rest to vassals. I figured that applied here, but how do I get an economy going with just one settlement for awhile? And if it's just the DFs, wouldn't they be very spread out without my own territory between? I think this is the "Tall" approach? Haven't always understood it.

The minor settlement functionally don't contribute to your economy unless there trade resources. You get better return on giving the minor settlements to vassals because said vassals pays you tribute in turn based on their own income, so gifting settlements ups your income through you being in their up line.

It's basically a pyramid scheme you run on your vassals

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Holy poo poo Wurrzag took the vacancy left by Grimgrog as "Badlands Greenskin Boss"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It's weird to hear other people have such passive AI. I'm constantly batting off half stacks or worse trying to take my minors. This feels like WH2 but with much better variety in foes with little 5-10+ settlement rival kingdoms erupting everywhere. Gelt has one, Ungrim has one, made them both unallied buddies(NAP/Trade/Access), decided to risk Mil Alliance with Imrik and Settra who are on opposite sides of my empire to each other. TK Allying isn't entirely useless, you can fill an army faster on shared units like Ush and Scorps(but it uses your cap.) Kholek decced on me in passing and I barely broke his 12-stack of elites across two garrisons worth of defenses but they were part of expendable settlements I was feeding Imrik.

I don't have to fight many battles manually as Khalida any more but hey, Doomstack gonna Doom, same as it was in ME. Speaking of...

Accepting that Pyrrhic costs 75% of my army down to the last Tomb Guard. We're gonna have to take Grimgrog and Stormfarta dead seriously.

I am an absolute master of strategy, a genius unequalled, standing shoulder to shoulder with Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, etc.

Ground trembling, distant shouts of we iz betta den dem

muffled shouts of DIS STINKS

The undefeatable Grimgrog Ironhide got stuck on a tree. He couldn't get out, even had a pump wagon brush by him on retreat! Hahaha what a sap, what a maroon, what a sucker, what a...

He tried to Underway away after that and I went to finish him off. Then I noticed he popped Gitsnik and has 80+ attack and magic/fire attacks even without the buff up. Wow! Iron tough!

Have two Lords pushing into Sylvania to beat up vampires on principle, two more just took Sartosa to get rid of the "pirates attacking my coast" thing, my one southern guy just wiped Thorek and is going for Defenders, Teclis and Tiqtaqto in that order I suppose, and Khalida is taking a 4 turn GR break to get a thematic fist of 3 Necropolis Knights. At the footsteps of the Mountains of Mourn...

I set the end game scenario for 100-150 and I'm at 80-90. Hope I get Arghy's Revenge.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 25, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Grudge severity seems really high in IE. I'm basically maxed out no matter what because of the major grudges you're given at the beginning of the campaign that are spread out across the entire map.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i dont like the chaos dwarfs, they're nasty little fellas. i prefer a dawi you can have a beer with.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

i dont like the chaos dwarfs, they're nasty little fellas. i prefer a dawi you can have a beer with.

It looks like SOMEONE is not getting a giant hat!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

I am so ready for more chaos dwarf memes

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Uh. Could Oxotyl always teleport as much as he wanted every turn? I'm not complaining!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

The Chad Jihad posted:

Uh. Could Oxotyl always teleport as much as he wanted every turn? I'm not complaining!

I played an oxy campaign right before game 3 and he was limited to once per turn. If he can just go unlimited that would be bonkers.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Add this to OP or we riot. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Archaon please, Surtha Ek have kicked you back crying to the chaos wastes lika 10 times now and while you fart around fighting your chaos friends I am trying to get poo poo done in the Empire goddamit! Stop tying up 3 of my armies north of Norsca when they could be south murdering wannabe french and vampires! :argh:

The Empire proper is basically a horrorshow already, carved up between me as Wulfric, Festus and Belakor in the west/north, covered in ruins/skaven on the kislev border and vampires in the east and center. Only Gelt is still holding on in the southern states and I just sniped Nuln from him. Buffed superports plus 20/40/60% building income from gaining favor with any god plus easier trade and more partners combined with the hold couronne tech(500% trading tariffs) is insane. I have 7 mid to high tier stacks and still making 12k a turn lol.

edit: If anyone told me a month ago that loving Norsca would be a great trade nation I would have stared in disbelief lol, just absolute madness.

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 25, 2022