Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jealous that guy went so long without having to know who Teddy Boy Greg is, and now he has to suffer like the rest of us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hardcore/c...utm_name=iossmf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Teddy Boy Greg strikes again

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The thought of putin sending teddy boy to the front lines one day has really captivated my imagination. The chin Z is like a bullseye.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I thought Teddy Boy there was an UKman of some sort. Maybe I was just assuming because Teddy Boys were an exclusively UKish thing?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

I thought Teddy Boy there was an UKman of some sort. Maybe I was just assuming because Teddy Boys were an exclusively UKish thing?

He has AMERICAN TEDS tattooed across his forehead, how could you ever mistake him for anything else.

I mean sure nowadays it’s covered up with god knows what because the guy is clearly mentally ill and can’t stop getting blastovers on his face but it’s right there.

History Comes Inside! has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Aug 25, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Yeah, and weren't the Teddy Boy subculture considered "scandalous" because they were white kids listening to Black music? Something that seems like the opposite of whatever this guy's whole deal is?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

History Comes Inside! posted:

He has AMERICAN TEDS tattooed across his forehead, how could you ever mistake him for anything else.

I mean sure nowadays it’s covered up with god knows what because the guy is clearly mentally I’ll and can’t stop getting blastovers on his face but it’s right there.

*staring at tiddays on cheek*
"Hey, my eyes are up here"

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Welp: https://www.reddit.com/r/TattooDesi...utm_name=iossmf

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

It is terrible but in a way that brings a smile to my face. Kinda like it tbh

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Getting a lovely tattoo you didn't want sucks, but at least it's not a full back. It's gonna fall out quickly and it's easily covered up.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i actually love it, but i understand why OP hates it

quote:

I wanted the Lupercal wolf with Romulus & Remus. I wanted a minimalistic style. I specifically requested the wolf to have smaller tits lol. I also specifically requested there not be fur in the centre of the wolf/major detailing. I saw the stencil, in line with what I’d requested. The tattoo artist decided to actively make changes (I was lying down on my front, so how would I know?) afterwards, the artist said he did it because it looked better (without consulting me). As for placement, his recommendation. It was an actual tattoo studio, not someone random & dodgy. I’ve had 2 tattoos done by him before, and they ARENT like this. I have no idea what happened and how it reached this result.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mx. posted:

i actually love it, but i understand why OP hates it

I'm confused by why she hates it so bad. The statue it's based off of is ugly as hell, with a wolf that rivals that Swedish liion taxidermy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'm confused by why she hates it so bad. The statue it's based off of is ugly as hell, with a wolf that rivals that Swedish liion taxidermy.

Somebody stole the Cincinnati version of that statue a couple months back.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Yeah but she wanted it ugly as hell on her terms which I totally understand.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Oh god this comment took me out.

quote:

yo it's Romney and Rumpus

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The cowards deleted it who got a screenshot

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
https://twitter.com/punished_cait/status/1562940665314455553?s=20&t=_2ojW0m8cvlCVnL3dlnwJA

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Holy poo poo that rocks. Now I kinda wanna get the dopey mosaic wolf on my back.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Somebody stole the Cincinnati version of that statue a couple months back.

I'm still mad about this. This is why we can't have nice things!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I apologize if this question is poorly-received by the tattoo community ITT, but in cases like Teddy Boy Greg, is there likely some sort of dysmorphia going on leading to such a full-body mess of ink like that? Like how it's largely accepted that bodybuilders have a similar dysmorphia disorder to anorexics, is there research into people with drastic or extensive body modification that suggests there's a condition driving it?

The worst thing about Greg is that stupid greaser haircut, IMO. And of course the Russia obsession.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Russia is a cool country. Getting some of the shadier great man figures of its history (and current politics) as huge tattoos is extremely sus, just like someone with a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED gwb chest piece would be. I personally think that amount of extremely visible ink is some sort of body dysmorphia or social uhhhh disorder(?) but the content can always be judged, especially when it’s lovely real life ideologies.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Mister Speaker posted:

The worst thing about Greg is that stupid greaser haircut, IMO. And of course the Russia obsession.

It’s the racism for me.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Anyone got a mirror?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

droll posted:

Anyone got a mirror?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

I apologize if this question is poorly-received by the tattoo community ITT, but in cases like Teddy Boy Greg, is there likely some sort of dysmorphia going on leading to such a full-body mess of ink like that?

I don’t know about studies but from talking to other tattooed people and some very minor experiences myself (“now that x is tattooed, y looks naked…. I better get y tattooed now”) I’d say there’s almost definitely some sort of dysmorphia for some people who get a whole bunch of tattoos.

There’s also an element of ‘I’m going to tattoo my whole loving face as a very visible rebellion against society and the expectations placed on me within it’ in there somewhere for a lot of people though, and sometimes probably a combination of both.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Toe to tip, it's a Remus!

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

From the same sub... NWS because stick figure blowjob.

Is the line work at least good? I've learned a little from this thread but not enough to tell yet.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

knuthgrush posted:

Is the line work at least good? I've learned a little from this thread but not enough to tell yet.

Nope! I mean look at the shoulder, it's an absolute mess

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

knuthgrush posted:

From the same sub... NWS because stick figure blowjob.

it reminds me of this from like 20 years ago
:nws::nws::nws::nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV0V49WWlWU

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Posted on a local shop's IG. I mean, it is a cover-up. In the technical sense.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm absolutely *shocked* this person got that cover-up...without the Punisher logo.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

whypick1 posted:

I'm absolutely *shocked* this person got that cover-up...without the Punisher logo.

Subject matter aside, it looks like it covers up the scar pretty well. gently caress, that scar goes all the way into the palm, too.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Holy poo poo, he went down and across the road.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

History Comes Inside! posted:

I mean sure nowadays it’s covered up with god knows what because the guy is clearly mentally ill and can’t stop getting blastovers on his face but it’s right there.

One thing that confuses me about these unstable individuals who get conspicuous face tattoos. I mean, how do they live, are there actually jobs out there that will accept a guy with an Everlasting Jobstopper? Is the answer dealing drugs, my brain is telling me they sell drugs.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
That dude isn’t just a heavily tattooed person, he’s a horrible chud with legit Nazi tattoos. He runs an American-style barber shop in Moscow. He “fled” to Russia to get away from the “woke” and decadent West. He appears on TV all the time in Russia as an American Refugee. He loves Putin and is all in on the Z invasion, while not even speaking Russian himself. He is a walking joke in Russia for the most part. His tattoos are by and large also very poo poo, and his literal body of work isn’t cohesive at all.

Awful garbage scumfuck of a person. Putting him in the same category as dope dealers is a major discredit to dope dealers.

To answer your question tho, not every heavily tattooed person, even with tons of face tattoos, is a criminal. Many are in the tattoo, piercing, or body modification worlds themselves, but there’s other poo poo too, artists, various entertainment fields and self employment in general. Yes, even being a barber can be a good choice for someone with a bunch of face tats.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Self employment is a thing, and also it’s 2022 and what was previously a jobstopper is now regularly more of a job speedbump.

I’ve been working corporate jobs for 10 years now and I’ve seen upper management with hand and throat tattoos, and it’s not in tech either where there’s usually a bunch of leeway on appearance because of the specific skill sets people bring to the table. We just hired an entry level guy with a bunch of face tattoos, even.

I don’t have any work on my hands or face but I do have 13 very conspicuous facial piercings alongside 14 in my ears which some people might think was ‘a bit much’. Hasn’t stopped me holding down a job, getting promoted, or finding new jobs in my field.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thanks for the info! As you can tell I hadn't thought about it that hard but now I know there are people with face tattoos with real jobs now. Man do I feel stupid!

Edit: Also my last job was really strict about tattoos for some reason, which was weird because it wasn't a customer facing job. The clients didn't care how the sausage gets made so I have no idea why my employer was so wretched about tattoos.

Kwyndig has a new favorite as of 11:57 on Aug 29, 2022

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Naked Man Punch posted:

Posted on a local shop's IG. I mean, it is a cover-up. In the technical sense.

What the hell is going on up here

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Bad design, bad linework, bad fill, bad subject matter, need I go on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The tattoo artist got bored