Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what do the gamers think about the gsor 1008? seems like a tier 8 cobra, assuming you're running full gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm hating that it can do 1400dmg to me in 6 seconds. 40 second reload sucks but gives you time to reposition to other flank so whatever.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

what do the gamers think about the gsor 1008? seems like a tier 8 cobra, assuming you're running full gold

It's good. The gold ammo has hilariously fast shell speed, it hits hard, it's accurate. The super long inter clip reload keeps it balanced, as does the nonexistent armour. It also works pretty well with normal ammo, but of course it doesn't have the same point & click gameplay.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I found it to be really frustrating, but I like it just because it's potential to poo poo out a ton of damage in the right situation is there. The tank traverse dispersion is dumb and the reticle will bloom A LOT if you move the tank (just turret traverse dispersion is ok). The 2 second interclip is great at close range, but at sniping ranges it's basically a 4-5 second interclip because you have to wait for the aim circle to be completely aimed in before shooting or shells will disappear into space. Gold round penetration is great close up but at range are nearly identical to the AP rounds due to the fall off. But the shell velocity on the gold rounds does make hitting those light tanks a lot easier.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

trip report: it's great

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

TracerM17 posted:

I found it to be really frustrating, but I like it just because it's potential to poo poo out a ton of damage in the right situation is there. The tank traverse dispersion is dumb and the reticle will bloom A LOT if you move the tank (just turret traverse dispersion is ok). The 2 second interclip is great at close range, but at sniping ranges it's basically a 4-5 second interclip because you have to wait for the aim circle to be completely aimed in before shooting or shells will disappear into space. Gold round penetration is great close up but at range are nearly identical to the AP rounds due to the fall off. But the shell velocity on the gold rounds does make hitting those light tanks a lot easier.

I looked on tanks.gg and yeah, the GSOR's AP goes from 226 to 211 mm from 100 to 500 m, and the APCR from 321 to 220 mm at the same ranges. Those are ridiculous fall-off behaviors for opposite reasons, and they cover both of the scenarios I was originally going to write here, namely that some APCR at 500 m falls of to the value of the AP at 100 m, and some AP & APCR shells have similar pen at 500 m.

At the same time, the APCR gets a huge velocity increase (like 40%) over the AP, which means that it's still going to be easier to hit & pen things at long range with the former.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
IS-3A and 252U are buyable at the trade-in event now.
Kinda tempting to get rid off this old referral 112, but the gun handling on those two is even worse :eek:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I hate the GSOR, and I typically love all things autoloader.

IS-3A is pretty brokenly good, no one really talks about it much. It has crippling bad mobility and the gun would have terrible soft stats except its russian so shoots center anyways.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I think I like the perigrine (IS-3A) but you can't really fix the mobility problem because it feels like you have to dedicate all your equipment to make the gun not dogshit, with vent+stab+iau.

I wish I could drop one of them for a turbo, but that just makes the gun unusable. Shame, because I really like the reverse autoreloader gimmick.

Edit

I thought rental tanks gave you a 15% off option to purchase them after the rental ends? I wanted to go ahead and pick up the T-44-100 after its 3-day rental ended because I enjoyed it, but I'm not finding it ingame or on the premium store page, even after "removing" the rental from my garage. What gives?

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 30, 2022

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
came to share this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2rHhpWCrjk

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Guido1212 is giving away a tank and some other stuff for the best kill. This would probably win.

link for the contest details.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Turned in the 112 to finally get a Soup Pershing. I don't like facing them so it must be 10x worse for pubbies I guess.

Approved :eek: and I finally realized I'm just not a good heavy player.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i traded my super pershing in for a t54 mod 1. i just didn't care for the soup

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Did one game in the T7 Italian TD, it was fun. Sluggish and the gun is derpy but it felt good.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Just what tier 8 needed, five semi-turreted E3s on every team.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the french tier 7 heavy is much improved. the gun was already quite good, but the extra hp is very pleasant and i have bounced a lot more frontally than I used to.

i will say that gsor heat at close range still pens the vipera :getin:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The most important thing about the french T7 is does the premium round still do 30 more damage as well?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So yeah, the T7 Italian TD is pretty frustrating. Gun is derpy and the armor works sometimes. Hopefully the T8 will be better.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Why the hell is the French light line Top of the Tree again? This is literally the third time in a year or so. And we just recently had the Polish heavies as well.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
4 of my 5 losses this morning were all games where my team had early leads and managed to grasp defeat out of the jaws of victory. I hate ELC Even 90s even more than wheelie boys now. They are such a plague when played well.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

TracerM17 posted:

4 of my 5 losses this morning were all games where my team had early leads and managed to grasp defeat out of the jaws of victory. I hate ELC Even 90s even more than wheelie boys now. They are such a plague when played well.

Both are about equally noxious when played well.
The Even90 is more ubiquitous and easier to do well in imho, but a deep blue/purple EBR75 on the warpath is just pants shittingly frightening.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHydxzf9cTU

Think I might actually need to buy this tank now...

Edit: Caved and bought it the M4 54; I am now broke again.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 2, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I loathe dealing with EBRs far more than borats or even90s. You know what to expect and can reasonably play around the latter two, but the EBR gets away with loving retarded poo poo that shouldn't work, because magic wheel armor and bullshit angles taking 7-g turns at 90kph across the map.

HWK90 is pretty fun, happy with trading in a King Tiger I never used for one.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh yeah the premium HWK is the best damage dealing light.
I got so much better luck in it than the LT432, can't explain why but it just works :shrug:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The game would be better if they just embraced the wheels.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I cannot win in the T8 Italian TD or in the M4 45. Out of the past 30 games, about 20 of them were straight blow outs. I am beyond frustrated right now.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Was it you or your team?

I've been playing tier 7s to unlock field mods, so I've been getting stuck as bottom tier on teams with just the worst players. I saw someone with a 37% win rate last night.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Was it you or your team?

I've been playing tier 7s to unlock field mods, so I've been getting stuck as bottom tier on teams with just the worst players. I saw someone with a 37% win rate last night.

Little bit of both, but mostly my teams. I am averaging 2k damage a game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It always sucks getting a streak of mouthbreather teams.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Some days it feels like the game just doesn't want you to win (or just you in a particular tank). I try to quit for awhile if I lose 4 out of 5 games, just for sanity's sake. Especially if it's the first 5 games of the day. I know eventually it will probably turn around, but it might take 2 hours of misery to finally get back to average. And there's no guarantee it will get better so I might as well do something else with my time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Indeed :smith:.

On the bright side, I hopped onto my TS-5 and had a killer game because that tank is loving great.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Picked up a T28 as part of ontrack on Friday, and was having some great early games against the new premium TDs. By the end of last night however, everyone was just shooting it with gold, making it a large, slow, damage sponge. Yaaay.

Also why the hell isn't the new map like 75% more likely to spawn during the first ~2 weeks of its release? I think I've played maybe 2 matches on it, out of like 80? Stupid.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Picked up a T28 as part of ontrack on Friday, and was having some great early games against the new premium TDs. By the end of last night however, everyone was just shooting it with gold, making it a large, slow, damage sponge. Yaaay.

Also why the hell isn't the new map like 75% more likely to spawn during the first ~2 weeks of its release? I think I've played maybe 2 matches on it, out of like 80? Stupid.

T28 is hard. Against a tier 6 match you just bully but in t8 and above you need to pick your engagement. You have one of the highest dpm so you use it at the right time to trade people out of the game.

I'm only just figuring it out

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

So I cannot win in the T8 Italian TD or in the M4 45. Out of the past 30 games, about 20 of them were straight blow outs. I am beyond frustrated right now.

I spent money buying that italian TD and only won one game in that tank so far. Womp womp.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Katamari Democracy posted:

I spent money buying that italian TD and only won one game in that tank so far. Womp womp.

Same, but I only played 2 games in it. I really kind of hated it. I'll give it some more time later, but the gun handling was so bad I noped on out of it for now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Sometimes I wonder if Wargaming is a front for aliens doing thought control experiments on people they don't feel like anal probing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just had a crazy game in my Tortoise. I do love this tank, especially when pubbies have no idea how to fight it.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6339002

YouTube: https://youtu.be/Z7NFFL55K38

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
After the American turreted and old German TD lines, what are some good/decent TD lines to try for some play variety compared to those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pioneer42 posted:

After the American turreted and old German TD lines, what are some good/decent TD lines to try for some play variety compared to those?

I LOVED the E3 line. The T95 and E3 are fantastic tanks.

I do have weird taste in tanks, so take that with a grain of salt.