Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Delphisage posted:

Yeah yeah, no real consequences in battle shonen, Edgeshot'll be fine once the battle's over. I'm just laughing at the idea that Jeanist couldn't just stitch it back together with what he had of Bakugo's body like Doflamingo - no, he needed someone to volunteer to fit inside Bakugo's heart to do it. It's such a pointless effort to make it seem like this is a bigger deal than it is.

Oh lmao I missed the part about Edgeshot going inside Bakugou's heart. A quick scan through twitter just had a bunch of jeart memes so I thought that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Kyte posted:

That's exactly the kind of thing that I expect from him.

yeah the leaks i originally saw didn't have anything about the jeart and i was very confused why everyone was so angry. the AFO side of things feels pretty appropriate and while the execution on the page may suck i've got no problem with the premise of AFO just grabbing a costume and a random power and going wild

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I think my issue with this is I'm not sure what the point of it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Bakugo fan so I'm glad he's going to live, but like.... he's going to live and then what? Is he going to get right back up and go again after impromptu field heart surgery? If they're just saving him so he can recover later then hey, I'm all for it. But if they're saving him so he can double-team Shigaraki with Deku then jesus christ, he was clinically dead for a hot minute. I know it's a shonen manga but give an injured guy a break.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
What we're getting is an author panicking at the end of the story and introducing shock value to keep people invested in the next issue that's totally unnecessary because it was great when they weren't under pressure. I don't remember where I heard it but "Yu Yu Hakusho was a great series until the writer realized it was good and panicked under pressure"

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I find the idea of the top ten hero sacrificing his life to resurrect the teenager who was already ineffective, presumably in hopes of the once-dead open-heart surgery patient contributing more to the fight than he can, to be the funniest, stupidest thing in this manga since Gal Might showed up, died, and summoned a ghost army

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I hope Edgeshot just lives in Bakugo's heart now and runs about in a make shift hamster wheel keeping him alive

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

My honest opinion is that there still exists a top 10 of heroes who are somehow on the level as a handful of first year students from Class A, one student from Class B, and 3 students in their senior year.

Like somehow every villain was right in that outside of All Might, nobody took a hero job seriously and they were basically just cops or celebrities dunking on weak street villains for a generation and the only difference between Hawkins and Froppy is just ten years of experience. I don't gather that's the story that the author was trying to tell but he's done a bad job of conveying it

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Tampa Bae posted:

My honest opinion is that there still exists a top 10 of heroes who are somehow on the level as a handful of first year students from Class A, one student from Class B, and 3 students in their senior year.

Like somehow every villain was right in that outside of All Might, nobody took a hero job seriously and they were basically just cops or celebrities dunking on weak street villains for a generation and the only difference between Hawkins and Froppy is just ten years of experience. I don't gather that's the story that the author was trying to tell but he's done a bad job of conveying it

Remember when that was explicily Stain's point, and then the story backtracked so hard away from it that it needed to change Ochako's motivation for becoming a pro hero?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Delphisage posted:

Remember when that was explicily Stain's point, and then the story backtracked so hard away from it that it needed to change Ochako's motivation for becoming a pro hero?
It's so dumb because the villains have invalidated their own purpose by creating a cataclysmic event that just creates more heroes. Like for the hundreds of street heroes that quit when the war started suddenly there's 20 more rookies in their freshmen year of high school that are on the level of rank 3-10 heroes of the last decade.

Good job, now the girl who can create atom bombs from her skin and a different girl who could just touch you and send you to the moon have grudges and all you've done is convince the kid who was going to break every bone in his body throwing a baseball unlock ten different abilities to become superman.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Tampa Bae posted:

It's so dumb because the villains have invalidated their own purpose by creating a cataclysmic event that just creates more heroes. Like for the hundreds of street heroes that quit when the war started suddenly there's 20 more rookies in their freshmen year of high school that are on the level of rank 3-10 heroes of the last decade.

Good job, now the girl who can create atom bombs from her skin and a different girl who could just touch you and send you to the moon have grudges and all you've done is convince the kid who was going to break every bone in his body throwing a baseball unlock ten different abilities to become superman.

Again, that was Stain's purpose. Shigaraki just wanted to destroy everything and AfO wanted to rule everything.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

At one point Shigaraki just wanted to play video games with his friends. Most of the League of Villains didn't have that much ill intent, they just needed therapy. I don't think the manga has done a great job of conveying that since the end of the My Villain Academia arc, it's just turned into "haha I have a secret weapon" over and over

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

(364 spoilers) I wonder how Bakugo is going to feel about a whole-rear end dude becoming his heart.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

The Awesomesaurus posted:

(364 spoilers) I wonder how Bakugo is going to feel about a whole-rear end dude becoming his heart.

saw it pointed out on twitter that bakugo's look in endeavor's little flash-forward vision of everyone's adult costumes in 357 has a good number of parallels to edgeshot's, especially the bomb fuse mask tie to match the bow edgeshot makes with his mask ties. breaking the link since we're still in leak discussions: https://twitter. com/Diem_Violet/status/1562737027056955392

so it looks like he decides to inherit the will of fire and carry on edgeshot's ninja way

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4261/my-hero-academia-chapter-364

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kinda always thought a4o was just here to prove deku's surpassed all might before the main showdown. and it's nice of a4o to solve the problem of what do you even do with this guy after the fight is over by killing himself

what's the point of killing bakugo if he's just fine like 2 chapters later? at least kakashi was dead for a whole fight scene

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
its really just some generic "we have to pass ourselves onto the kids" shonen thing and everyones losing it about how its trash?

lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Poorly done tropes are still poorly done.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Valentin posted:

saw it pointed out on twitter that bakugo's look in endeavor's little flash-forward vision of everyone's adult costumes in 357 has a good number of parallels to edgeshot's, especially the bomb fuse mask tie to match the bow edgeshot makes with his mask ties. breaking the link since we're still in leak discussions: https://twitter. com/Diem_Violet/status/1562737027056955392

so it looks like he decides to inherit the will of fire and carry on edgeshot's ninja way

If that's the case then that chapter confirms a bunch of survivors, doesnt it? Deku, Bakugo, Iida, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, Todoroki and Uraraka are all in that panel.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I kinda feel like the heroes are a little too much on the back foot to to be doing risky battlefield surgery that takes several of them out of action to save one kid that knew what he was signing up for when he went up against this insane threat.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Why doesn't Edgeshot just go up into Shigaraki's heart/brain and turn them into mincemeat? He doesn't' have regeneration right now so it's not like he can shrug it off. Or is his heart/brain super-strong as well?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nephthys posted:

Why doesn't Edgeshot just go up into Shigaraki's heart/brain and turn them into mincemeat? He doesn't' have regeneration right now so it's not like he can shrug it off. Or is his heart/brain super-strong as well?

Eraserhead/Monoma can't currently see Shigaraki's heart or brain, so their quirks are still acting. His organs would be firing off laser beams and poo poo if Edgeshot tried to get in

makes about as much sense as anything else that's been happening so far :shrug:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Edgeshot looks pretty hosed up and on the verge of dying anyway, which is probably why he's willing to give up his life to save a kid. Not sure he'd be able to get close enough to Shigaraki without getting ganked.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
shigaraki’s touhou heart

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's going to be funny if this works and then no one tells Deku that Bakugou was dead for a bit.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If this insane plan works and then Bakugo exploded his new heart immediately again I would forgive this entire terrible arc.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is really funny

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bakugo getting a powerup by getting a new heart where have I seen this recently

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like the guy with the "We Are All for One" sign in America.

Eggplant Squire posted:

If this insane plan works and then Bakugo exploded his new heart immediately again I would forgive this entire terrible arc.

:yeah:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
So this is supposed to be a permanent thing? Doesn't Edgeshot need to eat? Is he going to subaist on a diet 100% composed of Bakugou's blood? Is he going to poo poo in Bakugou's bloodstream?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

And they say Bakugou's heart grew three sizes that day...because Edgeshot and Jeanest are terrible heart surgeons

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've heard of rivals having a change of heart but this is ridiculous!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Eggplant Squire posted:

:same:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A problem and its solution in what, three chapters? Two?

Hold on tight the ride is probably gonna get faster

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shinjobi posted:

This was the pace for Star and Nagant as well, wasn't it? Even Dark Deku only existed for, like, 4. It's been this way for awhile. This is just the first time I've genuinely laughed at how ridiculous it is. If it remains this stupid, I might actually enjoy myself. Just Wacky Deli poo poo trying to sabotage his own work, but accidentally making it good.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

If that's the case then that chapter confirms a bunch of survivors, doesnt it? Deku, Bakugo, Iida, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, Todoroki and Uraraka are all in that panel.

I don't think we can say it truly confirms anything, but again it would be insanely funny for deku to go "that was how we ALL became the greatest hero" every five chapters if anyone in 1-A dies. Always space for a Neji though, I suppose.

anyways this moment still feels incredibly weird in part because it seems obvious from an emotional standpoint that if any pro hero currently on the scene should be sacrificing himself for bakugo, it should be best jeanist, but instead it's a guy he's literally never talked to afaicr lol

Valentin fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 26, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Shinjobi posted:

That's just how it's been for the last whine.

We found out the traitor plotline was real and then Deku found out who the traitor was less than half a chapter later by walking through the wood

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
True. It's just especially funny with this one.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
This is just making me think of how much bullshit every single medical professional ever has to deal with in the MHA universe. It's even worse than ours since 80% of the population has some kind of superpower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Oh, who was that woman AFO stole the Quirk/cape from? I only remembered the birds, Jirou and Endeavor being there