Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Holy moly, this Raubahn guy giving the most intense speech I think he's about to get recruited into the Space Marines :black101:

E]

lmao I'm losing it at this guy :magical:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Dareon posted:

My queue popped a few seconds into a cutscene that wound up running out the timer and I got a penalty of some kind. I couldn't find the penalty anywhere or any mention of them in in-game help. I presume it's not an issue unless I get a bunch of them or several in succession, but so I know in future, what gives?

Also it feels weird to be penalized for favoring the critically-acclaimed story (Well, I'm still in 2.X, I'm not really to the critically acclaimed part yet) instead of re-punching someone I've beat up at least twice by now.

If you do it three times in a day there is a penalty, and all of that resets tomorrow.

If you are the same class you queued for, you can join the duty pop. You will get to start the cutscene again from the beginning next time.

Otherwise, don't skip the cutscene for the duty pop if you're into that quest's storyline. You won't be able to watch it in the inn until that quest is finished. Your options at that point are to be a bit lost on the story or watch someone else do it on YouTube.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Dareon posted:

My queue popped a few seconds into a cutscene that wound up running out the timer and I got a penalty of some kind. I couldn't find the penalty anywhere or any mention of them in in-game help. I presume it's not an issue unless I get a bunch of them or several in succession, but so I know in future, what gives?

Also it feels weird to be penalized for favoring the critically-acclaimed story (Well, I'm still in 2.X, I'm not really to the critically acclaimed part yet) instead of re-punching someone I've beat up at least twice by now.

For future reference if you accept a queue mid cutscene you'll be sent back to before the cutscene when you finish, so you won't miss anything. This only becomes and issue if you're viewing the cutscene as a different job as you can't switch jobs mid cutscene, so then you so need to decide between a cutscene skip and a queue penalty.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The correct answer is always queue penalty.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Realistically you are never gonna get 3 queue penalties built up unless you are doing it deliberately, which is the exact reason the system is how it is - to prevent that.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mainwaring posted:

For future reference if you accept a queue mid cutscene you'll be sent back to before the cutscene when you finish, so you won't miss anything. This only becomes and issue if you're viewing the cutscene as a different job as you can't switch jobs mid cutscene, so then you so need to decide between a cutscene skip and a queue penalty.

It's also an issue if the cutscene triggers from talking to an area-entry npc/object, such as entering the waking sands, as then your character is "occupied" and the game won't let you confirm the duty finder prompt.

I always just skip the cut scene and look it up on YouTube later if I'm on a dps job. The queue times are long enough that if I'm focusing on story I'll almost certainly be in another cut scene the next time it pops

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Holy moly, this Raubahn guy giving the most intense speech I think he's about to get recruited into the Space Marines :black101:

E]

lmao I'm losing it at this guy :magical:

He's such a dipshit. I used to recommend the Ul'dah city start but honestly it makes every faction there look so bad it kind of ruins the game when you have to take them seriously/find them sympathetic later on.

His tantrum at Carteneau in the Echo flashback sums him up as a leader.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I do absolutely crack up at Raubahn putting the Sultana on his arm like he’s a falconer. Nanamo away!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raubahn and Nanamo are cool and good and my friends unlike literally everyone in Gridania except for Y'shtola's sister.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DalaranJ posted:

I do absolutely crack up at Raubahn putting the Sultana on his arm like he’s a falconer. Nanamo away!

Being hoisted by your manservant is a power move that Gaius uses later on with Ultima Weapon.

The bit to crack up about is Nanamo telling the masses that "those who measure wealth in carats and coins are greatly deceived" when she's sat there all blinged out, and the entire monarchist crisis of the Ul'dah start was that someone stole some of her jewellery and they feel like that delegitimises her position.

Apart from Momodi and maybe the Goldsmith guild leader no one in Ul'dah is worth a drat.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In summation, sassassin is composed entirely out of hot takes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sassassin posted:

Apart from Momodi and maybe the Goldsmith guild leader no one in Ul'dah is worth a drat.

This is Redolent Rose erasure

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Arist posted:

In summation, sassassin is composed entirely out of hot takes

Adding him to my ignore list really made my days a little brighter.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Rarity posted:

This is Redolent Rose erasure

Redolent Rose and Masked Rose, two cool and extremely different guys

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'm not sure why you'd even bring them up in the same sentence. :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Antivehicular posted:

Redolent Rose and Masked Rose, two cool and extremely different guys

:thunkher:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SirSamVimes posted:

I think if you get three in one day you get locked out for the rest of the day.

nope its just 30 minutes like if you left a duty that already started.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In this house we respect kayfabe

Because its owned by a pro wrestler with a giant gold statue of himself

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A shiny apparently anatomically accurate statue.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Wrist Watch posted:

The expansion, as in I beat grandpa hades and saw the first set of credits. I'll check that out next, I tend to play at odd hours so I've left a bunch of blue quests (which I've learned usually lead to dungeons and such) around in general that I need to get around to checking out. Although I still have to get around to leveling botanist/miner so I'm not relying on fisher for maps of course. Plus I've been meaning to check out black mage since after getting to test drive it in the role quest it seems interesting. Plus the couple dozen side quests I ignored. Plus leveling astro and dark knight when I get the chance.

So, you know. Soon.

Hot take possibly but I'm looking forward to it because the downtime bits of the story are consistently some of the best content flavor-wise. The rewards are rear end most of the time but this game has some surprisingly good stories hidden behind the most unassuming side quests.

I do recommend speaking to F’lahminn in Mor Dhona if you haven’t. The quest doesn’t have much of a tangible rewards but it does a nice job providing closure on a story element that kinda bugged me before.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm still a sprout myself, but I'm in that funny in-between area where the real sprouts see me as someone who knows what she's doing. It's like I'm in my early 20s again! Anyways, I spent like 100k buying Hedgehoglets on the market board to give to sprouts. They're dirt-cheap right now because of the event but still rare enough that a new player isn't likely to get a legitimate opportunity to grab one (or even think to) for a long time. Plus, hedgehogs are adorable.

Realistically, most of them will probably still be F2P and unable to trade and the things will sit in my saddlebags for months, but y'know.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I can't remember my password, and apparently entered a wrong birthday during account creation so I can't reset it either. Pain.
e: went for a smoke and tried one of my old passwords, I'm resubbed and back in :c00l:

junan_paalla fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 27, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

junan_paalla posted:

I can't remember my password, and apparently entered a wrong birthday during account creation so I can't reset it either. Pain.
e: went for a smoke and tried one of my old passwords, I'm resubbed and back in :c00l:

Set stuff to things you'll remember while you can. Speaking from experience.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 27, 2022

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kwyndig posted:

A shiny apparently anatomically accurate statue.

Gotta wonder if the nude mods take the smalls off the statue as well as having actual Godbert's hog flopping about.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Remind me, I know we have to do the Crystal Tower for the Plot Relevant Catboy, but why do we need to do the hard versions of Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

The man called M posted:

Remind me, I know we have to do the Crystal Tower for the Plot Relevant Catboy, but why do we need to do the hard versions of Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda?

they establish that the threat of primal summonings isn't completely taken care of and that neither the grand companies nor the scions alone are going to be able to handle them in perpetuity, which is part of the impetus for forming the Crystal Braves

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
And also it unlocks Coils of Bahamut.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The man called M posted:

I think (re)doing Titan (Hard) is part of the MSQ later on (HW or StB postgae?) so you have to go through the series unlocking them all before those plot characters move around.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

sassassin posted:

I think (re)doing Titan (Hard) is part of the MSQ later on (HW or StB postgae?) so you have to go through the series unlocking them all before those plot characters move around.
HW post-game, and it finally contextualizes Titan's lines during the hard fight, because it was summoned by the grief of a baby kobold mourning its dead parents.

Also, it unlocks coils and everyone should get a 90 friend to run them through Coils.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

Gotta wonder if the nude mods take the smalls off the statue as well as having actual Godbert's hog flopping about.

Dunno about the statue but he does hang dong if you have a nude mod. Made sure to fix that real quick, let me tell you.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really makes me wonder what kind of person is so terminally cumbrained they have to be ready to jack it at any moment in a videogame that they require such things.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Imagine installing a nude mod and then getting upset that characters are nude.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Relyssa posted:

Dunno about the statue but he does hang dong if you have a nude mod. Made sure to fix that real quick, let me tell you.

I mean I'm not sure why you would have a nude mod if you weren't ready to see folks hangin' dong

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just about all the mods that pretty up the body/face/whatever textures don't have underwear by default. I don't really understand the mindset of wanting to jack it at all times.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 27, 2022

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

girl dick energy posted:

HW post-game, and it finally contextualizes Titan's lines during the hard fight, because it was summoned by the grief of a baby kobold mourning its dead parents.

Also, it unlocks coils and everyone should get a 90 friend to run them through Coils.

Minor spoiler for how that fight works: ARR Titan Hard would normally have the same voice lines as Titan Normal, but the lines change based on whether anyone has queued in with the Ga Bu quest active, which will change Titan's lines for everybody. If you're seeing Titan speak as Ga Bu doing the regular ARR clear, you've gotten slightly unstuck in time because someone in your group needed it for post-HW and the devs just tied both quests to the same trial for queue management reasons.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So I was lucky enough to get an apartment in Ishgard and I'm trying to furnish it and I just...I just want to understand. Square put items in the game specifically for making lofts...and then didn't allow you put anything on top of them except through a tedious and finicky glitch.

I just want to be sure I'm comprehending Yoshi-P's vision here.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can put tabletop items on them, I have a loft for all my plushies

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean I'm not sure why you would have a nude mod if you weren't ready to see folks hangin' dong

I don't know why you wouldn't want to see Godbert's golden schlong, nude mod or no.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I main DRK, my soul is too grim and full of darkness for plushies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

1stGear posted:

So I was lucky enough to get an apartment in Ishgard and I'm trying to furnish it and I just...I just want to understand. Square put items in the game specifically for making lofts...and then didn't allow you put anything on top of them except through a tedious and finicky glitch.

I just want to be sure I'm comprehending Yoshi-P's vision here.

Use the quick launcher and get the burning down the house plugin. I think it might not be in the default plugin list you might have to google a link for it to download, but it works very well.