Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Why would this surprise anyone. Fine if you don't like Ospreay, but Dave clearly does, a lot. Misawa had 25 *****+ matches in a 27 year career. Ospreay has 22 (or 23, did he review Ospreay vs RKJ?) in an 11 year career. Ospreay is basically Dave's platonic ideal of a wrestler. Fine not to agree with that but people go out of their way to be mad about 1 bloke's opinions on wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

I mean they probably won't be. They'll probably be back to low .30s and 950k because Khan doesn't typically load up go home shows.

Right the point isn't oh how mad will they be next week if its still good. The point is, whenever AEW does well, they always say the same poo poo. Oh yeah well next week it will be bad again so this doesnt matter. It's forever goalpost moving

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

forkboy84 posted:

Why would this surprise anyone. Fine if you don't like Ospreay, but Dave clearly does, a lot. Misawa had 25 *****+ matches in a 27 year career. Ospreay has 22 (or 23, did he review Ospreay vs RKJ?) in an 11 year career. Ospreay is basically Dave's platonic ideal of a wrestler. Fine not to agree with that but people go out of their way to be mad about 1 bloke's opinions on wrestling.

Plus Ospreay’s g1 finals matches were great and the trios match on dynamite was spectacular. You’re right that Dave loves Ospreay and I don’t think the praise for will in the last two weeks is underserved

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheRealDisco/status/1563047482661081088

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://twitter.com/jdiablethe2nd/status/1562909389862109192?t=5zEUToAiSw0Ybx_qfARgmg&s=19

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please don't do this

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This is one of my favorite things. Someone gets angry about something they made up in their head.

I wasn't aware of Punk losing in Cleveland in the UFC, and I straight up forgot he walked out of WWE from Cleveland. For me, I always consider Pittsburgh his walkout since that was the really terrible Rumble that led to the rear end video.

None of this is important, none of this matters, but this dude is really angry that AEW didn't tell him about it.

The cherry on top is that he's apparently fully aware of these things now but acting as if it's arcane knowledge only available to the most studious of scholars.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is not me posting my own tweet - but a dumb reply to mine. Don't write that I posted my own tweet

https://twitter.com/WJets420/status/1563147138561114114

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

This is one of my favorite things. Someone gets angry about something they made up in their head.

I wasn't aware of Punk losing in Cleveland in the UFC, and I straight up forgot he walked out of WWE from Cleveland. For me, I always consider Pittsburgh his walkout since that was the really terrible Rumble that led to the rear end video.

None of this is important, none of this matters, but this dude is really angry that AEW didn't tell him about it.

The cherry on top is that he's apparently fully aware of these things now but acting as if it's arcane knowledge only available to the most studious of scholars.

I didn't know anything about the Punk in Cleveland history either. I thought the storyline was two guys who have a claim to be champion can't be separated until the PPV so the match is brought forward and one guy reinjures himself because he came back too early while the other guy who has been dominant in the last 3 months took advantage and won.

Where it happened was irrelevant. It just happened to be Mox's hometown and a place where some stuff happened to Punk.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol Britt has meaningfully put over exactly one person in her AEW career and she's spent basically the entire time since then burying her as hard as possible on TV and to every news outlet that will listen.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

lol Britt has meaningfully put over exactly one person in her AEW career and she's spent basically the entire time since then burying her as hard as possible on TV and to every news outlet that will listen.

This is great I'm using this thank you

Edit

Lol the idea the Britt has never buried anyone

https://twitter.com/_aintnolove/status/1563188818265509889

Shard fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 26, 2022

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

she only buries rosa in promos. it's not her fault she became the bigger star after losing the lights out match & rosa couldn't wrestle good matches

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Toni Storm too.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Classical Male Punk

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Disco you stupid, stupid man. You realize that you've added yourself to a list of enemies that Eddie will address?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

MJeff posted:

Do you have any receipts for this or are you just doing the weird goon thing where you make poo poo up and then repeat it as fact "because it's fun"?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Do you have any receipts for this or are you just doing the weird goon thing where you make poo poo up and then repeat it as fact "because it's fun"?

Who has Britt elevated?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think it could be argued that she elevated Rosa since everyone clamored for that title win

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

TV Zombie posted:

I think it could be argued that she elevated Rosa since everyone clamored for that title win

that's the one person already being referenced

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Power Windows posted:

Who has Britt elevated?

Rosa and Toni and Hayter. She also made Shida look incredibly strong during the title match where Britt beat her

But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm asking for receipts of her burying people in interviews, podcasts, newsletters, anything

Post proof or stop spreading bullshit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Elephant Ambush posted:

yea ok posted:

she only buries rosa in promos. it's not her fault she became the bigger star after losing the lights out match & rosa couldn't wrestle good matches

quote:

“No, I think Thunder Rosa should talk the least amount as possible in wrestling and in interviews and in everything and the world would be a better place because she sounds stupid all the time when she says anything. That’s what I think [Baker smiled]. No, I don’t compare myself to people like The Rock and [Steve] Austin or anything like that. In-character, sure, I think I’m better. Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. is better than anybody but when we’re talking realistic storyline settings, I don’t think anything right now that I could do would be at that level. Someday? I hope so, maybe and I hope and pray that I can have that type of impact on the wrestling world but, Thunder Rosa, most of the time when she opens her mouth, something stupid comes out.”

And like, she said "In-character" in the middle of the sentence, so please don't try to say that this was her cutting a promo.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
lol one interview where she's talking trash about her main rival

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Who do you think went to the sheets about Rosa hiding in the bathroom?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

britt is a detriment to jamie hayter imo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

lol one interview where she's talking trash about her main rival

He's right that she's buried Thunder out of character though I don't think "Thunder Rosa says you two are on the level of The Rock vs. Austin, what do you think?" "“No, I think Thunder Rosa should talk the least amount as possible in wrestling and in interviews and in everything and the world would be a better place because she sounds stupid all the time when she says anything. That’s what I think [Baker smiled]. No, I don’t compare myself to people like The Rock and [Steve] Austin or anything like that. In-character, sure, I think I’m better. Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. is better than anybody but when we’re talking realistic storyline settings, I don’t think anything right now that I could do would be at that level. Someday? I hope so, maybe and I hope and pray that I can have that type of impact on the wrestling world but, Thunder Rosa, most of the time when she opens her mouth, something stupid comes out.” is a very strong burial since it's a stupid thing to say.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 26, 2022

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Isn't slamming your kayfabe rival in out of character interviews just what you do now? Blurring the lines, etc?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

as we've seen over the past few days, literally just saying "this is out of character btw" is more than enough to drive people who post about wrestling online completely loving insane so i'd say it works pretty well

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
As the past few days demonstrate, wrestling fans are able to convince themselves wrestlers are working even when it does not contribute to a story at all, so why not say “This is what I, the performer, explicitly think out-of-character” and dump on your coworker you hate and let people work out how it’s actually just part of the show

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alaois posted:

as we've seen over the past few days, literally just saying "this is out of character btw" is more than enough to drive people who post about wrestling online completely loving insane so i'd say it works pretty well

Kayfabe lives.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

xbilkis posted:

As the past few days demonstrate, wrestling fans are able to convince themselves wrestlers are working even when it does not contribute to a story at all, so why not say “This is what I, the performer, explicitly think out-of-character” and dump on your coworker you hate and let people work out how it’s actually just part of the show

Then it's impossible to tell who actually means what when, so maybe we should just let performers worry about their own personal interactions and not concern ourselves with it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

xbilkis posted:

These are both true at the same time.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

gently caress you. gently caress you, gently caress you, gently caress you, gently caress you, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Go gently caress yourself.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
When in doubt, assume a wrestler and/or promoter is always working you

Except when they aren't

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152?t=fQ77xP6qqXMtQBa-6ArKpQ&s=19

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Power Windows posted:

Who has Britt elevated?

Rebel

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

this is true insofar as you don't now think of Rebel as 'the woman who hurt Shelly Martinez's vagina'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQorCjgVWYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Britt genuinely got people excited about Swole and that feud helped them both.

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1563685111773765632