Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Tenkaris posted:

I know the first thing am going to do when I have an ND is document and post about it on social media alongside how disgusting I keep my vehicle at all times without any hint of shame!

Gotta make sure to show your trash from Chick-fil-A so you can REALLY trigger the libs :smug:

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Imagine being such a pussy you not only need to have a gun on you at all times, but can't take an extra 1/2 second to cock it before you need to fire thereby endangering yourself and everyone around you.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

that means that there is a place in America where negligent discharges are a semi-regular things that you just deal with, like getting the flu or a fender bender. There are probably a bunch of places where that's the case, actually.

any place with a police force

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

:patriot:

Any bets on many family members are LOEs?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...2fbc_story.html

quote:

Minutes before the meeting of the Uvalde school board got underway, Arredondo’s attorney released a scathing 4,500-word letter that amounted to the police chief’s fullest defense to date of his actions.

Over 17 defiant pages, Arredondo is not a fumbling school police chief who a damning state investigation blamed for not taking command and wasted time by looking for keys to a likely unlocked door, but a brave officer whose level-headed decisions saved the lives of other students.
It alleges that Arredondo warned the district about a variety of security issues in the schools a year before the shooting and asserted he wasn’t in charge of the scene. The letter also accused Uvalde school officials of putting his safety at risk by not letting him carry a weapon to the school board meeting if he were to attend, citing “legitimate risks of harm to the public and to Chief Arredondo.”

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh :fuckoff: HOW ARE YOU STILL DEFENDING YOURSELF YOU FAT gently caress

MY GOD

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

:patriot:

Any bets on many family members are LOEs?
LOE?
Low Earth Orbit? Not high enough if you ask me.
League of Explorers? I love that game.
Level Of Effort? Low obviously.
Lack of Efficacy? Well, it's documented
Lack of Evidence ? See above.
Language Other than English? He is merican so unlikely.
Lack of Effort? Definitively.
Lesbians On Ecstacy ? Who is to say.

Now Law Enforcement Officer (LEO)is very likely because he got definitive chief Wiggum energy.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
There was a little girl killed by gunfire in England the other day. Must be weird for Americans that this is actually headline news for days on end over here. While the killer is still at large, we can rest easy that the police have arrested the guy who was meant to be shot.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1563152310389608453?s=21&t=E-xJgl5QE1YONUrFn3jl-A

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Pigs are afraid of ghosts and they saw a coffin. Put yourself in their cloven hoof shaped shoes.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Negligent Discharges are a part of owning a firearm

Happens to all firearm owners, all day every day gun owners in America are negligent

i had a bullet go through a wall 2 feet above my head as I was sleeping by a roommate cleaning his gun in the other room. it also went into the next room and almost hit another roommate playing video games

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Negligent Discharges are a part of owning a firearm

Happens to all firearm owners, all day every day gun owners in America are negligent

As a gunhaver, who will be pilloried for admitting such ITT, the fact that there are other gunhavers have the attitude "NDs are just part of handling guns, welp, what are you going to do" disgusts me. It would be like "Heh, cutting off a thumb is part of cooking" or "Ah well, running over the occasional toddler is part of driving a car."

I'm not going to say "it will never, ever happen to me" because pride goeth before a fall, but I garun-loving-tee if it did my attitude would be at a minimum contrite and intensely diagnostic of how to avoid it in the future, if not "hey, am I still fit to handle gats?" Safety is a constant practice you drill down to muscle memory and "eh I just sent one recklessly, it happens" is incompatible with that.

I will make a grand bargain with the people who want confiscation that sincerely professing that attitude should be grounds for confiscation, no fukkin problem.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Owlbear Camus posted:

As a gunhaver, who will be pilloried for admitting such ITT, the fact that there are other gunhavers have the attitude "NDs are just part of handling guns, welp, what are you going to do" disgusts me. It would be like "Heh, cutting off a thumb is part of cooking" or "Ah well, running over the occasional toddler is part of driving a car."

I'm not going to say "it will never, ever happen to me" because pride goeth before a fall, but I garun-loving-tee if it did my attitude would be at a minimum contrite and intensely diagnostic of how to avoid it in the future, if not "hey, am I still fit to handle gats?" Safety is a constant practice you drill down to muscle memory and "eh I just sent one recklessly, it happens" is incompatible with that.

I will make a grand bargain with the people who want confiscation that sincerely professing that attitude should be grounds for confiscation, no fukkin problem.

shut up

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sounds like you had one in the posting chamber and your finger on the trigger, friend. Sorry you're upset. :(

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Owlbear Camus posted:

Sounds like you had one in the posting chamber and your finger on the trigger, friend. Sorry you're upset. :(
ok, i'll be more direct

Owlbear Camus posted:

As a gunhaver, who will be pilloried for admitting such ITT,

Owlbear Camus posted:

you sound like an rear end in a top hat shouting "triggered lib????" while whining about how put upon you are for owning a gun a bloo blo bloo bloo!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah I can see where it would come off that way. I was more just trying to say there was cause for common ground RE: people who don't approach gun having with a sober sense of risk management because a lot of us hate that poo poo.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

InsertPotPun posted:

ok, i'll be more direct

you sound like an rear end in a top hat shouting "triggered lib????" while whining about how put upon you are for owning a gun a bloo blo bloo bloo!

Did you even read his post or are you the type of rear end in a top hat who makes snap judgements of anyone who doesnt live according to every tenant of your twitter-derived sense of morality

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Did you even read his post or are you the type of rear end in a top hat who makes snap judgements of anyone who doesnt live according to every tenant of your twitter-derived sense of morality
shut up

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

his post was dweeby analytical poo poo about diagnostics of accidentally shooting himself in the thigh that i'd expect from an engineer that loves guns and deserves a good :wrongful:

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Guns R Cool

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Butterwagon posted:

Guns R Cool

Only if you follow the rules though. :spergin:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Owlbear Camus posted:

there will be no bargains

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Then can I interest you in a no doubt costly big tech solution to guns in schools that false alerts on binders and laptops but lets Glocks through?

https://twitter.com/janusrose/status/1563156989848330257

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Owlbear Camus posted:

Then can I interest you in a no doubt costly big tech solution to guns in schools that false alerts on binders and laptops but lets Glocks through?

Well, Glocks are black, so the designers probably didn't think to include them in the training data

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Owlbear Camus posted:

As a gunhaver,

Why?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Be kind of silly to have all these bullets without them.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Just passing by a group of people talking about friends and family killed by drunk drivers to tell them how responsible I personally am with alcohol and how I do my own field sobriety test between beers

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Inept posted:

Just passing by a group of people talking about friends and family killed by drunk drivers to tell them how responsible I personally am with alcohol and how I do my own field sobriety test between beers

If we're grasping for this metaphor then I call dibs on being sober, actually. I think I used the word even!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Owlbear Camus posted:

https://twitter.com/janusrose/status/1563156989848330257

It seems like a lot of people in this country are more afraid of kids learning about the world in their schools than getting shot in them so this seems pretty fitting.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

CPL593H posted:

It seems like a lot of people in this country are more afraid of kids learning about the world in their schools than getting shot in them so this seems pretty fitting.

Broke: Passing literally any law to help keep high powered, large capacity guns out of the hands of psychopaths.

Woke: Removing black people from a wall of heroes because it's not 'age appropriate'.

https://boingboing.net/2022/08/11/f...-his-walls.html

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pro starcraft loser posted:

Broke: Passing literally any law to help keep high powered, large capacity guns out of the hands of psychopaths.

Woke: Removing black people from a wall of heroes because it's not 'age appropriate'.

https://boingboing.net/2022/08/11/f...-his-walls.html

Still not as woke as mandatory "In god we trust" posters on schools

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Not sure if I can articulate this properly, but I find it a bit peculiar that you don't hear more talk about body armour from the pro-CCW/open carry crowds. There are tons of photos of some dickhead strapped up in a Starbucks or whatever, but rarely do you see them wearing a plate carrier (except more recently at CHUD protests where they're LARPing).

I mean, the whole reason you're carrying is ostensibly to protect your life, right? In case someone is attacking you with lethal force? If you're so convinced that the world is full of mortal danger that you need to carry a firearm, why not also wear body armour in case someone else steps to you with a handgun? If you can be arsed to put on a pistol and a spare magazine to go get groceries, what's a couple of pounds of ceramic on your chest? Is it a hassle to wear? It's saving your life we're talking about.

There's something disingenuous about it, to my mind. Like perhaps for a lot of people, carrying a weapon isn't necessarily or primarily about protection, it's about power.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mister Speaker posted:

Not sure if I can articulate this properly, but I find it a bit peculiar that you don't hear more talk about body armour from the pro-CCW/open carry crowds. There are tons of photos of some dickhead strapped up in a Starbucks or whatever, but rarely do you see them wearing a plate carrier (except more recently at CHUD protests where they're LARPing).

I mean, the whole reason you're carrying is ostensibly to protect your life, right? In case someone is attacking you with lethal force? If you're so convinced that the world is full of mortal danger that you need to carry a firearm, why not also wear body armour in case someone else steps to you with a handgun? If you can be arsed to put on a pistol and a spare magazine to go get groceries, what's a couple of pounds of ceramic on your chest? Is it a hassle to wear? It's saving your life we're talking about.

There's something disingenuous about it, to my mind. Like perhaps for a lot of people, carrying a weapon isn't necessarily or primarily about protection, it's about power.

I'm curious about this myself. Isn't kevlar hard to get for most people?

I know there's a company in Colombia that makes bulletproof suits for like heads-of-state and other VIPs.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mister Speaker posted:

Hard armor is heavy, uncomfortable, and cannot be concealed.

The gun issue is strange because guns and gun laws have not meaningfully changed in basically a century, and yet only now we see this proliferation of spree shooters.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

slurm posted:

Yeah, but it's your life we're talking about.

Soft armour is a thing and it'll stop most common handgun rounds. Plus, everything you said is true of an AR15 - what about the open carry crowd? Is there something different between wearing five pounds of ceramic and slinging a seven-pound rifle?

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 26, 2022

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

slurm posted:

The gun issue is strange because guns and gun laws have not meaningfully changed in basically a century, and yet only now we see this proliferation of spree shooters.

Well yeah, but a gun literally kills people and possessing one makes you a target and carries the risk of harming yourself, your family, or other unintended targets. The body armor downsides are pretty trivial in comparison

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You guys are inquiring about this as if there is a logical reason behind it.

Also, you can get plates and a carrier for $500 or a pistol for $200. It's much more fun to shoot someone than to be shot I'd imagine.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It's super easy to get body armor and plates. It's a matter of cost more than anything:

(Level III can stop 7.62 rounds, IIIa can only stop most handgun rounds)

Why buy a gun?

Well, the fascists have them and they're increasingly looking for excuses to use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Doctor Butts posted:

Why buy a gun?

Well, the fascists have them and they're increasingly looking for excuses to use them.

Yes, this is one of the only salient points for carry that the militant left often cites, and I honestly can't really find objection to it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it would at least be logically consistent to also suit up if you're going to carry. When people walk around in shorts and flip-flops with an AR, that consistency is missing, and it strongly suggests to me that they aren't really all that concerned with their own safety.