Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I mean, it might not have gone so bad so quickly if purple mugger hadn't picked up Audrey's almost total imperviousness to sweet reason. Trixie did try talking first!

Edit: To be clear, I like that about Audrey. Probably because I don't have to deal with anyone like her in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Antitonic posted:

Might be a bit awkward to explain when tomorrow is Saturday, but I’ll try anything once.

gently caress you, time zones are bullshit

lets luau at 2:45am

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Mind Muggers 21
Mind Muggers 22
Mind Muggers 23
Mind Muggers 24
A Princess Bride 1

A Princess Bride 2

A Princess Bride 3

A Princess Bride 4

Talking character deaths: 15
Deaths altogether: 51+

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a new page so you're getting more forming! owned!! owned!!!

forming
199-204

last time: nommo refused to accept the little shiny dude could possibly hate his Perfect Art World; a recap of what's going on with mithras' dad

so, bit puzzled re: seth's appearance. one of the nephilim thinks abel's in a coma, and another one thinks seth's in a coma. not sure what's going on there but i think it is indeed seth who is in a coma and is in nommo's dream

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

It's a gently caress You Friday Miracle!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ah, Helverdeev. She's so awful.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hempuli posted:

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Wait, how can Lyndon do illusion magic? Didn't he lose it when it accidentally killed a mind mugger?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

rydiafan posted:

Wait, how can Lyndon do illusion magic? Didn't he lose it when it accidentally killed a mind mugger?

The mind mugger lost it.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The mind mugger lost his illusion magic, but Lyndon did not.

Which to be honest seems a little inconsistent with how pacifist magic and mind mugging works, at least in my mind, but I suppose it’s only fair Lyndon gets to have a proper farce with his new toy before he inevitably kills someone.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

some plague rats posted:

[pretending to check my watch] Oh drat looks like it's comics o'clock!! Time for some Hell was Full!!!

Ah, I see Reese had the Johnny Castaway screensaver back in the day as well

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Snake Maze posted:

The mind mugger lost his illusion magic, but Lyndon did not.

Which to be honest seems a little inconsistent with how pacifist magic and mind mugging works, at least in my mind, but I suppose it’s only fair Lyndon gets to have a proper farce with his new toy before he inevitably kills someone.

I pondered about this a bit earlier, and it makes sense if we assume that mugging his mind gave the mugger the ability to use the same spell without "transferring" said ability. It's a bit odd when considered carefully, but I guess if all you need for casting pacifist magic is knowledge of the incantation (up until you lose it), the mind mugger would've gained Lyndon's knowledge of how to cast the spell while having a separate "can I still cast this?" mental list.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Yeah, it feels weird because it was specifically explained as forgetting all the spells you've learned if you kill something, and Lyndon's brain is the one with the knowledge of pacifist magic in it, not the mind mugger's.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was confused when that popped up. I guess I can accept some handwaviness about whose brain the spell was related to in the interest of story though, even if it's not how I thought the rules would've worked.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Had anyone ever posted Sylvan Migdal's Nart Sagas?
I think this thread would appreciate then

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

How high will this house of cards go

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

As high as my turgid dick!
So not very high at all

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Had anyone ever posted Sylvan Migdal's Nart Sagas?
I think this thread would appreciate then
Never heard of it, post away!

just googled it and the first page with the shepherd was pretty funny

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: God's flashback ends and we return to Joost's confrontation of God, where God's behavior seems extremely suspicious to Joost! Joost tries to take the "medicine" packet to inspect it, but God snatches his wrist and asks Joost if he's doubting their friendship!

Read right to left:

Our young Joost has grown into a proper man :swoon:
(but who's Joe?)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Snake Maze posted:

Yeah, it feels weird because it was specifically explained as forgetting all the spells you've learned if you kill something, and Lyndon's brain is the one with the knowledge of pacifist magic in it, not the mind mugger's.
It's the same logic as when Audrey nixed his forcefields. He didn't do it but his magic facilitated it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
When Lyndon first explained how pacifist magic worked, I thought he meant that killing anyone with his spells took away his ability to do the magic at all, so I thought that first death from his magic was a way bigger deal than it turned out to be

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

It's the same logic as when Audrey nixed his forcefields. He didn't do it but his magic facilitated it.

Yeah, given how strict the rules on pacifist magic are I would have assumed that someone else using your spell to do harm would definitely have counted.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

When Lyndon first explained how pacifist magic worked, I thought he meant that killing anyone with his spells took away his ability to do the magic at all, so I thought that first death from his magic was a way bigger deal than it turned out to be

yea same

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah, given how strict the rules on pacifist magic are I would have assumed that someone else using your spell to do harm would definitely have counted.

this however didnt bother me. lyndon didnt use the spell, the mind mugger did.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirley

Shirley gets a mission!

Also, from here on it's a new translation group, thus the font change. While I kinda prefer the classic Wild Words font, in my opinion the translation does improve a little here. Plus, they actually translate the SFX, which the first translation group just completely ignored. (I have opinions about translations but luckily none of the Shirley translators featured does anything I really don't like even if the translation of vol 1 could have done with a bit more quality control)

And repeating the intro about "Miss Bennett has a young maid called Shirley" is of course because of how far apart the chapters were originally published—this chapter and the next one were published in 2013, while the previous two were published in 2010.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My favorite type of Thorsby magic is yet to come! And I think it's going to be a while if I remember the general speed of plotline movement correctly. But the thread will also love it.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Same. But then it just becomes clear that "only learn one spell at a time ever" is a very specific workaround.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

https://www.c.urvy.org/?date=20171021

These comics are an adaption of Caucasian mythology. The Narts were a tribe of heroes and demigods who lived in an era before humanity. The comics are short stories, done in the order the creator felt like. There's some not particularly titillating nudity which I've censored with android photos black mark up pen. Click the link for the uncensored originals. The comic started with this bit of explanation:

The Narts are a mythic tribe of ancient heroes who appear in legends that date back to classical times. These tales are full of absurd humor, outrageous stunts, bawdy sorceresses, weird gay stuff, talking horses, and so much more.

This first story, which I’ll post over the next few weeks, introduces probably the two most important characters in the Nart cycle: Setenaya (a.k.a. Shatana, Satanay, Seteney, Psatina) the crafty, powerful matriarch of the Nart clan; and her adopted/bastard son Sozruquo (a.k.a. Shoshlan, Sosruko, Sosriqwe), the popular hero who embodies traits of both the noble warrior and outcast trickster figure.

A note on the adaptation: the tales in the Nart cycle are told by speakers of various languages and dialects, none of which are written in the Latin alphabet. Many of the stories, characters, and especially spellings exist in multiple competing versions passed down by different bards.

I’ve chosen a mix-and-match approach, stitching together threads from different sources when I feel it enriches the narrative to do so. I can only beg forgiveness from any readers offended by me splashing a bit of Ossetian myth into their Circassian saga or vice-versa.

Is this a good number of pages to post per day? This story has 7 pages total, so I could do it as one post, or I could stick to 3 or 4 pages a day.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Aug 27, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Never thought I'd see the PYF Comic thread so full of arrows of manly fluid

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My preference is for 3 or 4 pages per day because I'm a sicko who tries to read everything that gets posted, so it's a bit more manageable for me to keep up that way. But it's up to you! (And whoever else has an opinion too) some comics are better when more is posted at once, you're probably a better judge of the right pacing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

However you choose to post this, please do. This owns.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
But.. I'm so... HORNY *SPLAT*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

nards

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

This is so goddamn Gloranthan it hurts. It's loving incredible and amazing.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
If the whole story is 7 pages then just do it in one batch imo; Less risk of losing the plot thread then, or having awkward interludes. I like to binge tho.
But maybe timg the images for those not interested if you do.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah timg'd, entire stories at a time makes sense, with an untimg'd teaser image for fun

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm usually catching up with this thread in bits and pieces throughout the day, so anything that requires me to stop and binge a whole comic all at once is likely to get skipped. That said, 7 pages sounds reasonable.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

More, give us more! It looks like fun and it's nice to get mythical retellings from outside the usual suspects.

As others are saying though, timg tags appear to be standard in this thread. I do about 6 pages per page update, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:magical: