Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

univbee posted:

Strong rumors going around that Amazon is acquiring EA and will formally announce today.

So what exciting ways can they find to somehow make EA even worse than it already is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Good. They should buy Ubisoft too so we can have all the garbage quarantined.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

fartknocker posted:

So what exciting ways can they find to somehow make EA even worse than it already is?

Making the announcer say "Ama...zon...Sports. It's in the game!" would definitely be a step down.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

fartknocker posted:

that was my thought

poo poo's gonna be a toxic management voltron

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Mirrors Edge 3 😈

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

fartknocker posted:

I assume Jeff Bezos is real enlightened about crunch

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

toxic management voltron

Finally, Amazon Studios announces a hit game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They called it off because we made fun of them. Great work everyone.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hard to imagine EA being much more useless

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Whee!

https://twitter.com/jakec74272851/status/1563135538613211137?s=21&t=X4laP4_mK7r2TeigoIySig

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I almost bought the Xbox fridge when I saw them at Target a couple weeks ago but passed. The box indicates it's not so much a mini fridge and more of a cooler and doesn't recommend it be connected 24/7.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I almost bought the Xbox fridge when I saw them at Target a couple weeks ago but passed. The box indicates it's not so much a mini fridge and more of a cooler and doesn't recommend it be connected 24/7.

A friend of mine bought one. It’s definitely a fridge. Not a very good one apparently, but it does have some sort of cooling element in it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should sell a full size mini fridge which is also a series x. that would be awesome.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I might actually buy a decently priced Xbox Series X chest freezer. It could be marketed to people who have their consoles sitting horizontally.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Full sized fridge that you can put a Series X in for ultimate cooling

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Don't know much about this game, but this looks fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3E7x0VVrD8

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

as real as the intellivision amico

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey gently caress you MS for sending me a notification on my phone that says "Now one Gamepass: Death Stranding"

It noted (ESRB:M | PC) after that, but for a brief second, despite being quite certain that it wasn't on xbox, I had hope.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

That looks very Bioshock to me so it has my interest.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

John F Bennett posted:

All this does is make me want to play some Painkiller. :black101:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this is mega funny to me and I’ll probably quit it very soon but I just picked up the first Assassin’s Creed game for like €3 and it looks loving unbelievably good on Series X. I think it has resolution and FPS boost and it could easily pass for an Xbox One game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I checked the top paid games list for Soul Hackers 2. After scrolling for a while and not seeing it, I filtered to RPGs. It was second to last, only outselling a full price Warhammer game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I got myself a Backbone and it turns out that Xbox remote gaming is way more robust than I expected, so I switched over to iPad + Bluetooth controller for better screen real estate. The service is a bit twitchy at times, and my go-to Bluetooth controller is a DualShock 4 which is naturally not configured (the central pad doesn’t register even as a press, leaving the DualShock functionally down one button) but it’s good for when you need to share a TV.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It owns a lot. I played a bunch of THPS1+2 on my couch while the TV was occupied. It's a Switch-like experience.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
My son wants me to play Dragon Quest builders nonstop and while on vacation I just brought my controller and played off my wife's laptop on streaming.

Really really solid, actually. For that type of game, basically seamless even over wifi.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Dehry posted:

I checked the top paid games list for Soul Hackers 2. After scrolling for a while and not seeing it, I filtered to RPGs. It was second to last, only outselling a full price Warhammer game.

What is the deal with soul hackers 2? Was it supposed to be huge or something?
I remember seeing like a 10 second blip on spawn wave

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

otter posted:

What is the deal with soul hackers 2? Was it supposed to be huge or something?
I remember seeing like a 10 second blip on spawn wave

Yeah I don't understand either. This is the second thread I've read about it not doing well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its an smt/persona related game that got zero marketing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a budget SMT game. Like, it really feels like it got a 7/10 game budget and delivered a 7/10 on that budget.

Im enjoying it but I wouldn't tell anyone to pay full price.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Weird they would make a project half assed now that they are big time but sega gonna do stupid things

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot Soul Hackers 2 was out today, I want to get it but right now I have a pretty big backlog.

[edit]
For what it's worth too the game is being reviewed very favorably on Steam.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 27, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
of course it does, smt/persona is one of those franchises with superfans. they seem like good rear end games though, I just haven't gotten around to it. weird that it got like no marketing but when do they ever?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

gently caress yeah new megaten. unironically excited to play the same story with new character names and cast the same skills on the same enemies

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Never heard of Soul Hackers in my life before this thread.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ditto.

Was impressed with the cloud gaming aspect of the x. Played what remains of Edith Finch over it and I think I had 2 stutters the whole game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Soul Hackers 1 was a Saturn game from the 90s that had a relatively recent 3DS refresh, but it was still the same 90s cyberpunk first person dungeon crawler.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

So maybe I should dig up the 3ds version and play it while I wait for 2 to hit $20 or game pass.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

otter posted:

So maybe I should dig up the 3ds version and play it while I wait for 2 to hit $20 or game pass.

They play differently, SH2 is a third person crawler.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

otter posted:

I am guessing Atlus wanted to do another Megaten spin-off game and just decided to revive that name. I doubt it is in anyway relevant to the story or gameplay mechanics.

Again, the first Soul Hackers was 1997 Saturn game. I think the 3DS version was regarded as a solid port, but you're probably better off exhausting all the more modern Megaten games on there first.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 27, 2022